Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
User avatar
chigwells finest
Posts: 9732
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:11 pm
Location: desperately seeking redemption from this west ham misery

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by chigwells finest » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:33 am

the amount of ' black Friday ' e mails

User avatar
sendô
Posts: 31221
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: in the pessimistically optimistic camp.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sendô » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:35 am

Black Friday.

Just f*** off.

Online
User avatar
Mega Ron
Posts: 9986
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Warp's mum

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Mega Ron » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:57 am

sendô wrote:GP surgery.

Missus made 103 attempts to ring this morning at 8 sharp to get an appointment. Didn't get through once.

The system is a joke.
Our GP is also a joke just as you've described.

They say all the emergency appointments are gone and they have nothing for weeks. Then you call in the afternoon and they got appointments right ****ing then.

User avatar
DasNutNock
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:00 am

Modern domestic appliance power supplies. Everything's so pretty and streamlined and slim these days - flat screen TVs, laptops, game consoles. Just a shame the power supplies are all so f*cking enormous and cumbersome, and nigh-on impossible to install anywhere without looking sh*t.

User avatar
sendô
Posts: 31221
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: in the pessimistically optimistic camp.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sendô » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:36 am

^ That'll be the transformers.

User avatar
Hammer_Time1
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:53 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hammer_Time1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Algarve Hammer wrote:Yet another moan about car insurance renewals. Got mine this week, €703 for my 11 year old Navara, now, I had a my fault claim this year but I still thought it was a bit strong, I had a shop around and got the same cover for €434 and I got an agreed value of €6000 more than my previous insurer, (Zurich). These c+nts really do take the piss.
Agreed. Just had a renewal through that was £150 more than last year, despite me having another year 'no claims'. I've managed to find it about £200 cheaper than it was last year elsewhere. They just prey on people's laziness. Same goes for energy suppliers, insurers, internet providers etc. etc. W@nk£rs.

User avatar
DasNutNock
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:35 pm

sendô wrote:^ That'll be the transformers.
Yup. Megatron’s a c*nt to stuff down the back of the TV unit.

User avatar
delbert
Posts: 21253
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:27 pm
Location: The Cure & The Cause.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by delbert » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Isn't that the one that didn't transform? Hence being even more of a bugger to hide behind the telly......

User avatar
DasNutNock
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Megatron turns into a gun. Well, he did in the early 1980s, anyway. Probably turns into a flower now, or something similarly lgbtq-friendly.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 10237
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? We're coming for you..

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Megatron turns into a gun. Well, he did in the early 1980s, anyway. Probably turns into a flower now, or something similarly lgbtq-friendly.
You forgot iapkz.
Racist.

User avatar
Joyeux Marteau
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 pm
Location: Nice, Cote D'Azur

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Joyeux Marteau » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:26 pm

People who don't read where the bus is going, then getting on the bus, only to have to get off the bus.

It's not like the destination is on the front or side of the bus!

Happens almost everyday!

User avatar
AnthraxDave
Posts: 1865
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: Hereford

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by AnthraxDave » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Probably (understatement of the year!) been said on the thread in NUMB, but when people who want to stay in the EU assume that I didn't know what I was voting for when I voted to leave the EU on 23/06/2016. Plus I don't remember any non-people voting in that referendum. I think I have only ever voted for a winning political argument 3 times (Lib Dem for Hereford in 2001 and 2005 elections (Paul Keetch was a good MP, to be fair), plus Leave EU in 2016), but I have never gone on to abuse/belittle people who voted differently to me or demand a re-run just because a side I took lost.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 10237
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? We're coming for you..

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:30 pm

The fact that even after 24 years, I still haven't won the lottery.
The fact that I'm still surprised about it.
I've got much better odds of being struck by lightning & I don't believe that that's ever going to happen..

User avatar
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Posts: 26433
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:31 am
Location: Those little golden birdies look at them

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by vietnammer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:43 am

DasNutNock wrote:Amazon leaving parcels in our unsecured, openly-accessible doorway, marking items as "handed to resident". Cheeky tw*ts.
Ain't it great when they insist the tracking number says it has been delivered, but the evidence of your own 5 senses + intellect tell you there's no sign of it.

Then it arrives three days later. Someone's entering bad data

User avatar
DasNutNock
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:29 am

TBH, they’re under so much pressure to make targets, I don’t usually mind if something’s late - I just don’t want stuff left in my doorway, unsecured.

User avatar
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Posts: 26433
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:31 am
Location: Those little golden birdies look at them

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by vietnammer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:28 pm

DasNutNock wrote:TBH, they’re under so much pressure to make targets, I don’t usually mind if something’s late - I just don’t want stuff left in my doorway, unsecured.
I don't mind a slow delivery either (though it was advertised as 'next day' - as you say, a 'target'), but I don't like being told fibs

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 10237
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? We're coming for you..

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:42 pm

DasNutNock wrote:TBH, they’re under so much pressure to make targets, I don’t usually mind if something’s late - I just don’t want stuff left in my doorway, unsecured.
Wait 'til we've got f**king flying drones delivering stuff. F**k knows where stuff will end up going then.
Items marked 'left on roof'.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 10237
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? We're coming for you..

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Which reminds me.
The belief in many quarters that driverless cars are going to happen AND be successful, any time soon.
On another thread, a fellow kumber related an incident where tech worked probably better in preventing an accident than a human probably could have.
Absolutely no problems with that. Any help in assisting us, full marks.
Likewise, if every single vehicle on the road was going to be driverless: fantastic, it would probably work like a dream.
However, if people can't see the utter carnage that will ensue when it's a mix of driverless cars, the myriad minutae of journey incidents & cars being driven by humans, they are being really unimaginative.
And another thing. The thorny issue of car insurance. When driverless cars are here, will our car insurances premiums:
a) go down
b) stay the same
c) you're ahead of me, yes, they will go up. Any excuse for insurance brokers.

This 'brave new world' of driverless cars & delivery drones being an actual workable idea?
F**k off.

User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
Posts: 15614
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Homeward Bound

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Samba wrote:The fact that even after 24 years, I still haven't won the lottery.
The fact that I'm still surprised about it.
I've got much better odds of being struck by lightning & I don't believe that that's ever going to happen..
Funnily enough, I was talking about this today.

£5 a week comes to just under £6,500 you spunked in the last 24yrs. Let it go now. 8-)

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 10237
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? We're coming for you..

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:55 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Funnily enough, I was talking about this today.
£5 a week comes to just under £6,500 you spunked in the last 24yrs. Let it go now.
True Mr Eggy, but look at all the fun I've had...
:fsake: :x Headbanger

Post Reply