Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by bubbles1966 »

When you are looking to find some more vinyl to buy and you search under the category "Rock and Roll" and find the likes of the bloody Beatles and Beach Boys listed......
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

warp wrote:quote="woodgreenspur"]Not sure I want to live somewhere this happens.[/quote
***** are everywhere, and always closer than you think.
I've thought I would never see anything of the sort up here , never , we all know each other but then I heard poor Mrs Hathaway from Kyle of Lochalsh had been attacked in her own home , an elderly widow who had been a larger than life character in her younger days , I knew her very well from my ferry days and worked with two of her children - she never got over it and passed away soon after - turns out it was some ' druggie ' who had been re-located to Kyle . I'd put some of them on a rock somewhere in the Minch and let them get on with it .
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Poppy fascism.

It seems to be getting worse each year, and frankly is ruining what the poppy appeal is supposed to be about.

Hint - it's nothing to do with nationalism.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

the moron in the car in front of me, going so slowly over mini speed humps as if each one had a land mine in
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

sendô wrote:Poppy fascism.

It seems to be getting worse each year, and frankly is ruining what the poppy appeal is supposed to be about.

Hint - it's nothing to do with nationalism.
It's social media fascism mate. Twitter and FB should be avoided at all costs.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Having a **** two hands in use (looking at kumb) and always seeming to direct my piss unknowingly through the gap between the toilet seat and rim so when going to wipe finding a big puddle of piss on the floor maybe I have a oddly shaped fallous which causes this anomaly ?
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

People who talk to babies and animals like they are going to answer. 'What's your name?' 'Where have you been?' 'Can you say...'.

Dickheads!
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

BARKING IRON wrote:Having a **** two hands in use (looking at kumb) and always seeming to direct my piss unknowingly through the gap between the toilet seat and rim so when going to wipe finding a big puddle of piss on the floor maybe I have a oddly shaped fallous which causes this anomaly ?
It's cos it's so small, so doesn't point downwards when sitting.
Patito

Post by Patito »

claretandblue82 wrote:People who talk to babies and animals like they are going to answer. 'What's your name?' 'Where have you been?' 'Can you say...'.

Dickheads!

Guilty.

My labrador knows exactly what I am saying to him though I know it. Image
sendô

Post by sendô »

claretandblue82 wrote:People who talk to babies and animals like they are going to answer. 'What's your name?' 'Where have you been?' 'Can you say...'.

Dickheads!
Talking to babies like they are adults is the best way to get them to learn and understand what you are saying. Now I'm not saying give them an in depth analysis of a topic of choice, but simple sentences with small words is much, much better than the baby talk a lot of people do.

This reminds me of a pet hate of mine - people who turn normal words into babyish words because they're talking to a toddler/baby. The mrs sis in law did this all the time. "Is the baby drinking his milky?" It's ****ing milk you cretin.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

BARKING IRON wrote:Having a **** two hands in use (looking at kumb) and always seeming to direct my piss unknowingly through the gap between the toilet seat and rim so when going to wipe finding a big puddle of piss on the floor maybe I have a oddly shaped fallous which causes this anomaly ?
tmi :D
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

sendô wrote:This reminds me of a pet hate of mine - people who turn normal words into babyish words because they're talking to a toddler/baby. The mrs sis in law did this all the time. "Is the baby drinking his milky?" It's ****ing milk you cretin.
Yes, that does sound particularly stoopid.
I suppose at least she didn't follow milky with wilky..
Last edited by Samba on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Dickheads!
yea' agreed!

plants on the other hand...
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

warp wrote: yea' agreed!

plants on the other hand...
Trees too! Very slow to reply though. Problem is by the time they get round to answering most people don't have the patience to wait and have left so the tree doesn't bother!
HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

I am extremely guilty of treating my dog like he is my child. He is a lot more than just a dog to me and I am all he has and at one point he was all I had so I like to make sure he's a happy boy :)

Back on topic........this bloody weather irritates the hell out of me.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

HalfTimePie wrote:I am extremely guilty of treating my dog like he is my child. He is a lot more than just a dog
you should promote him from pluto to goofy!
HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

I'd say more Scooby Doo but a Shih Tzu version.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

People parking on double yellows at my local shop. They are clearly there for a reason, because it is a pain if everyone parks up to get round them all with oncoming traffic. The lines have even been re-done along with the road but people are back to just parking on them. There is no enforcement so they might as well have not bothered with it all. The lazy ****ers can't even be bothered to park in front of the 'empty' shop that is next door.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

^^^^ Get this issue every day at work. Beckenham and Penge High Streets are the worst. People just parking where the hell they like, both sides of the road and a parking warden not seen for love nor money, and nobody with an ounce of sense prepared to let a 40ft rigid vehicle through...
sendô

Post by sendô »

Funnily enough, I was sat in a Costa yesterday morning on a narrow sidestreet where a lorry got stuck rounding a corner because some throbber in a van had parked up on a yellow line and buggered off for half an hour.

It was amusing enough as a bystander but I'm sure less humourous for the people stuck behind the lorry.