Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by ageing hammer »

:D :thup:
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

People who moan about a situation they are in and ask for advice; then completely ignore everyone, go back to their old ways and moan more!

A cousin of mine is severely overweight; it really gets him down and he makes all the noise about eating healthily; asking for advice and support; talks about signing up for the gym and doing the right thing. Went through all of that (again) on Monday night when I saw him.

Saw him tonight at his place for a couple of hours. During that time he ate a massive dinner followed by a family sized bar of chocolate to himself then a large bag of Maltesers all washed down with a 1.5ltr bottle of Pepsi. Then he has the cheek to say he feels sick, he hates being fat, he's going to go to the gym.

Just :x
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Southeastern (again)
Muck about with the timetables due to the "inclement weather" forecast and introduce a Winter timetable which is basically fewer trains. They remove my normal train and bring in one 6 minutes earlier. Then it runs 5 minutes late.

The answer to snow, however minimal it is and it was very minimal in South East London, is not to increase train numbers to prevent anything settling on the track but to run fewer trains to increase punctuality.

F**kwits
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Car door windows.

I get in my car and the side windows are steamed up or covered in rain or whatever.

I retract the window and bring it back up and its still covered in crap.

surely in this day and age something can be invented that cleans the bloody thing?

Is it my choice of cars or is this a universal thing?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 619 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

I take the trouble to get out of winter coats and jumpers before I start, put them in the back. Your breath is enough to cause condensation in this kind of weather without your body heat contributing. The other answer may be to get a very expensive car that has more sophisticated air conditioning.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

V-M wrote:Car door windows.

I get in my car and the side windows are steamed up or covered in rain or whatever.

I retract the window and bring it back up and its still covered in crap.

surely in this day and age something can be invented that cleans the bloody thing?

Is it my choice of cars or is this a universal thing?
:idea:
Try using a cloth, works for me.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

V-M wrote:Car door windows. Is it my choice of cars or is this a universal thing?
It is annoying but I think it's probably universal.
Otherwise you'd end up with a build up of wet & crap not doing a lot of good, inside your door.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Shy Ted wrote:People saying "The Liverpool's, Chelsea's, Man Utd's ,the Everton's etc".

Gets right on my nerves Headbanger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=entup0bSYjw
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

Shy Ted wrote:People saying "The Liverpool's, Chelsea's, Man Utd's ,the Everton's etc".

Gets right on my nerves Headbanger
:lol: :lol:
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

quote="V-M"]Car door windows. Is it my choice of cars or is this a universal thing?[/quote]
Samba wrote:[
It is annoying but I think it's probably universal.
Otherwise you'd end up with a build up of wet & crap not doing a lot of good, inside your door.
Fair enough
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

FreeWheeling wrote:Customer is always right
Load of big fat hairy b*llocks

They contacted us to tell us they just invested £40K+ on some smart boards with the intention of connecting them to our domain and use google play as they are android boards.

our answer : you should have spoken to us first.
Their answer: we know what we want and what we are doing
our answer : clearly not, you are on a MoD restricted domain, we are not connecting that **** to the internet
Their answer : well what can we use them for then
Our answer : what make did you buy
Their answer : we bought 15 "insert name of board"
Our answer : put them in horizontal mode and use them as a coffee table

Captain ******* ****ed off less than amused and now has to explain to his boss

should have added, what pisses me off is it is your and mine money, paid for in our taxes to the MoD
Our little group if they work with us, we get them serious discount through our contacts.
We could have set them up with what they wanted for half the price with internet facing laptops off our domain, still maintained by us
If it's any consolation the MoD rarely remember they are supposed to be the customer. This is the wonderful world of the MoD where sense isn't common.
These are the same gormless shitsticks who pay suppliers extra to remove capability from what they are procuring, the same abject morons who proudly sign contracts that allow the contractor to fine them if they fail to meet certain ridiculous conditions. The same gimpwits who pay £350 for a lead you can buy for less than a fiver if you wasn't tied to contract.
Their fuckwittery knows no bounds......
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Been working for the MoD in IT now for 13 years , they never cease to amaze me in the amount of money they spend on ****.
The recruitment system has to now go down as one of the worse contract decisions in history
They had a fully functional system that was fine tuned , then gave it to capita :thdn:
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

I can beat that.....30 years this year.
I have seen everything you can imagine in those 30 years and we always seem to go round in circles and bring in methods and programmes that were discarded 10, 15, 20 years ago.
The problem with IT is that they muck about with the system so much to make it secure that it doesn't work (which I suppose makes it secure!)
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

I have recently pissed off a large part of the British Army by making our system more secure :D
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

People (my wife) who put things at the front of an empty dishwasher..

****ing front loaders!!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The 20-somethings at work prefer to leave their soiled dishes and mugs next to it instead. Presumably they all still live at home with their parents and so havent yet learned how to operate a dishwasher.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Speaking of work, there's a bloke "hot desking" in the empty desk next to me today. He appears to be unable to concentrate unless he jiggles his leg, which is causing my desk to vibrate. I'd ask him to stop, but I suspect breaking his leg at the knee would be a more satisfactory solution.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

The 80% chance of hitting Green Park tube station in the morning to find some tuneless busker playing Streets of London
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Beggars. Not the genuine homeless, the scourge of professional types around London now.

Like the bloke that sits on his suitcase with his feet bared like he has to survive the cold streets of London with no shoes, and yet can afford to clean his clothes, shave etc. Or the old woman with the zimmer frame on wheels that slowly walks along as if she's on her last legs and is about to keel over, but has enough strength to look up and reach out a hand asking for money whenever someone passes her.

Piss taking freeloaders. Is there not a camp somewhere we could round them all up and send them too?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

sendô wrote:............................

Piss taking freeloaders. Is there not a camp somewhere we could round them all up and send them too?
Westminster 8-)