Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

badabing
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by badabing »

I won £220 on that race, but it felt a bit like dirty money afterwards, as soon as his leg went forward at that odd angle I just knew he would be put down, such a beautiful animal, it quite upset me.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

That "hunting" is still a thing that people like to do. Shooting wild animals with massive high-powered rifles is just such so breathtakingly c***ish.
badabing
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by badabing »

DasNutNock wrote:That "hunting" is still a thing that people like to do. Shooting wild animals with massive high-powered rifles is just such so breathtakingly c***ish.
Yep. Especially the twunts that go big game hunting in the name of conservation.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Something that has stuck in my mind for decades happened when I was working at a Grand National. A horse fell badly at Beecher's Brook, and the vet, screens and box were quickly on the scene.The only thing the officials were worried about was getting everything out of the way quickly enough so none of the unpleasantness would be seen on television on the second lap.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

DasNutNock wrote:That "hunting" is still a thing that people like to do. Shooting wild animals with massive high-powered rifles is just such so breathtakingly c***ish.
100%

Lots of c**** around here still get dressed up and go "pretend" fox hunting with the horses and hounds.. c**** the lot em.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Jet-lag. Second night up from 2am, obviously only temporary, however drives me bonkers, especially as it was me who chose the wrong flights back west (landed at night).
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Dunno if the 'west to east is worse than east to west' thing is true, but I had the worst jet-lag returning from Canada. I wasn't working so I couldn't regime my way out of it and it lasted two weeks.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

vietnammer wrote:Dunno if the 'west to east is worse than east to west' thing is true, but I had the worst jet-lag returning from Canada. I wasn't working so I couldn't regime my way out of it and it lasted two weeks.
Really? I did Canada in a weekend. Flew out on Friday and came back on Monday. Was fine as far as I can recall. Went to work on Tuesday no problems at all.
Patito

Post by Patito »

r99c wrote: Irritation of the day - some f***boy looking type guy in the gym getting FOUR pairs of dumbbells out, different weights, ready to do a dropset I suppose, and then seemingly disappear for five minutes? What's that all about.
Probably went to sort his lid out, adjust his tank top and put more concealer on so he could film it all for social media.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

S-H wrote:
100%

Lots of ***** around here still get dressed up and go "pretend" fox hunting with the horses and hounds.. ***** the lot em.
Fair few of those pathetic ponced up ****s round here too.They make me puke.

Don't start me on the cruelty and corruption that is the hallmark of the racing industry, suffice to say ,if you can't ride a horse without a bit in it's mouth stick to driving a car.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

WHUI - that's a sad read, particularly as an animal lover :(

Jet lag - For me, East to West ok, West to East ****'s me up for a few days, always, jet lag is bloody horrible.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Pompous cow I work with hates horse racing and says it should be banned as its not natural for the horse. But! She owns her own horse and does ****ing dressage, which is basically making the horse dance! So making a horse run, they run in the wild don't they, isn't right but making the ****er dance is ok!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Who has it worse, the racehorse who lives in horse-luxury all week and only races once a week, or the punters that graft 5 days for an afternoon of frittering their wages away betting on a nag?

If we're not breeding horses to race, would we still breed them? Would there be fewer horses? Would those be worse off than now? Other than horse riding enthusiasts, no-one would spend money on horses. It's not like you can have one as a pet in your home.

It's all far more complicated than "ban horse racing" - which by the way is a fantastic day out.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Used to work with someone who hunted. They used to get agreement from local farmers, etc. and go shooting things, mostly vermin of one type or other (for the farmer) & ducks/geese (for himself).

Sounds quite fun TBH.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Yeah, I meant I flew West to East (San Diego to Dubai - 13 hour time difference), see; it's even messed up my internal compass! :lol:

21.40 now and I've stayed awake long-enough. Here's hoping I can stay asleep until 6am tomorrow to begin shaking it off.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

pheasants, hares and the likes are delicious, and make for a great sunday lunch. cheap too!
and is it more c***ish than raise some animals just to get them fat and then kill them? at least these have lived their life as it was supposed to be.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Beggars.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ should we hunt them then?
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

One doing the rounds on Twitter today, some **** slots a sleeping lion, ****ing b*stard
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

^^ ****ing c****