Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba »

sendô wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:27 pm I'd suffer my life being changed to the tune of £170m.

Apparently, the runner up prize was £3.4m. That'd do.
You'd only waste it on a West Ham season ticket..
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

I'd buy a seat on the board.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

sendô wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:30 am I'd buy a seat on the board.

Brady's seat.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Samba wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:56 pm Come on, own up, which of you was it that won £170m last night?
Needless to say it wasn't me & that irritated me, although I did win £2.90 so that's a profit of 40p..
It's amazing how many really BIG winners couldn't handle it & wish they'd never won it. I suppose it could well turn your life upside down & inside out. An utterly, life changing experience.
Perhaps on condition of receiving the cheque you should be forced to undergo some kind of therapy & advice, to deal with it.
It’s the people coming out of the woodwork that I would detest
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

BARKING IRON wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:41 am It’s the people coming out of the woodwork that I would detest
Ah ... woodworms. Them pesky critters!!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Coleen Rooney/Rebekah Vardy.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

BARKING IRON wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:41 am It’s the people coming out of the woodwork that I would detest
I wouldn't tell a soul. The only way to deal with it i think.

I'd just move and not tell anyone. Come back now and then. Sorted. :D
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Samba wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:56 pm It's amazing how many really BIG winners couldn't handle it & wish they'd never won it. I suppose it could well turn your life upside down & inside out. An utterly, life changing experience.
Perhaps on condition of receiving the cheque you should be forced to undergo some kind of therapy & advice, to deal with it.
I have a theory that there's a wrong amount to win, and that amount is down to personal circumstance. If you win enough to clear your mortgage and have a bit left over for a new motor, holiday or whatever then great, no one would expect any hand outs, if you win a ridiculously massive amount then again, great, you can easily afford to throw some around. Somewhere between the two lays the wrong amount, an amount that will cause more grief than it's worth........
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Had a phone interview with a director at a reputable financial firm, for hopefully my first job in the city.

Initially was contacted by their own recruitment team last week and passed the initial phone part with them,leading to the one today.

She said it was only for 15 mins but wanted to know why I chose them (although they came to me) and what I do now etc. 15mins barely scratched the surface but seemed to do alright.

Just annoyed I didn't get another half hour or so to get proper in to it.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:24 pm Just annoyed I didn't get another half hour or so to get proper in to it.
brevity's a quality they might look for...
Estuary
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Estuary »

You're on the Met Line Tube at Liverpool St going to Aldgate, it stops and the carriage empties out and a few people start to board. A group of people with no Y chromosomes get on, some stand in the door way while their travel companion is in the carriage staring at the tube map trying to decide not which line the train serves or which station is next, but which way the train is going to travel, east or west. I swear this happens at least once a week, random day trippers who hold the train up while they try and find out how the most simple map ever devised works.

Here's a tip, do that before getting on the train or better still before wandering onto a busy rush hour London tube platform you utter spanners.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

The tube & its irritations, could have a thread just for that. Could say the same for roads.

Both are magnificent engineering and well laid out, it's just the amount of people & cars that f*** them up.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

I pulled up a a petrol station, driving an SUV and I was unsure whether the hose would reach round so pulled up with the pump on the filler cap side. There was a car at the pump with the driver sat inside, so I assumed that he would drive off soon, plus the pump in front was out of use. I could see him looking at me in his door mirror but no movement. So I got out to politely ask him to move forward "I haven't paid yet" was his response, so I asked again if he could move forward to the pump that was out of use - same response. To be fair from his whole appearance it was obvious that he had a room temperature IQ. When I gave up and walked back towards my car I will admit to muttering to myself "selfish idiot", next thing his door is open threatening to get out with a whole string of swear words. All with his two young kids in the car. I moved to another pump and had filled up before his equally thick looking wife wondered back bearing coffees and a pile of snacks, if you are buying a load of stuff have the courtesy to move off pumps.
deviron

Post by deviron »

The brummie accent , it's just so annoying , i'm beginning to avoide serving customers with the accent
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

deviron wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm The brummie accent , it's just so annoying , i'm beginning to avoide serving customers with the accent
You can add the scouse accent to that too ... ****ing annoying whine
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

“Daddy I don’t want to eat animals anymore” I love eating meat but I love my daughter more so I went vegan here’s my vegan sausage casserole. In real life “daddy I don’t want to eat animals” what choice have we got you little **** these nuggets cost a £1 out of Lidl’s
Samba

Post by Samba »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:33 pm The tube & its irritations, could have a thread just for that. Could say the same for roads.
Both are magnificent engineering and well laid out, it's just the amount of people & cars that **** them up.
:thup:
When you stop & think about it, people f*ck EVERYTHING up.
Planet will be better off one day..
Samba

Post by Samba »

deviron wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm The brummie accent , it's just so annoying , i'm beginning to avoide serving customers with the accent
Racist. :D
Samba

Post by Samba »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:46 pm I pulled up a a petrol station, driving an SUV and I was unsure whether the hose would reach round so pulled up with the pump on the filler cap side. There was a car at the pump with the driver sat inside, so I assumed that he would drive off soon, plus the pump in front was out of use. I could see him looking at me in his door mirror but no movement. So I got out to politely ask him to move forward "I haven't paid yet" was his response, so I asked again if he could move forward to the pump that was out of use - same response. To be fair from his whole appearance it was obvious that he had a room temperature IQ. When I gave up and walked back towards my car I will admit to muttering to myself "selfish idiot", next thing his door is open threatening to get out with a whole string of swear words. All with his two young kids in the car. I moved to another pump and had filled up before his equally thick looking wife wondered back bearing coffees and a pile of snacks, if you are buying a load of stuff have the courtesy to move off pumps.
One of those, "It's my right & I can do what I want", people.
Up against the wall, come the great day.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Shops or websites selling clothing, that have a sale.
You excitedly have a browse before you quickly realise that everything on there, is only in freakish sizes (mainly XS or 6XL) & that's the only reason why they're in a sale. And they're STILL not much cheaper.

Or on a t-shirt website where you want a closer look at a design so you click on 'enlarge' & a new window opens but the t-shirt is no bigger than what you were looking at before. Or incredulously, even SMALLER than what you were first looking at!