Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hammers Dad »

WHU Independent wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 am Going to work at 9PM only to find that all the mummies on the school run with their 4 x 4's are illegally parking on both side of the street, so their little darlings can be accompanied all the 5 meters from the car to the very edge of the school gates, where they stand and wave them off, to ensure that no nasty bogyman or woman is going to assault them in the playground. This despite their being teachers and other staff patrolling the school gates and surrounding areas and whilst the lorries are trying to get down this road have to slow down to a crawl to fit between their unattended 4x4's, halting the traffic, meaning for me, being 10 mins early for work, turns into me being 10 mins late.

There is only 1 way into where I work, I have to drive by this school, I have no option, so now I have to get in work 20 mins early to avoid all this parking crap. Where's that app when you need it :)
Night school?
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Samba wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:51 am As a Virgin Mobile payg user, todays text message from them telling me that my 'mobile plan' is changing.
From 18/11, sending one text a day will cost me £2. One text.
Making a one minute phone call per day, will cost me the same, £2.
They simply don't want to have any payg customers anymore. That's one way to get rid of people.
They can get taefuck.
Time for a new mobile provider or better still, back to 2 tin cans & a VERY long piece of string.

Yes, I can send 199 texts per day & it's still £2 & make 200 minutes of calls a day for £2 but if I WAS doing that, I'd probably be better off with someone else anyway.
I am someone who rarely texts or phones, so in theory, a £10 top-up could potentially only give me 5 texts or 5 minutes of calls..
#Unfuckingbelievable
Obviously, I don't know what your tariff is Samba, but Eggs Jnr.2 is with 3. For £25 per month (£22 if you do DD), he gets unlimited texts, calls and data and boy can he use data!
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Samba, didn't see that, I've got a PAYG Sim from Tesco mobile, £10 a month, they give you another 8 or 9 free, unlimited calls,texts, etc, and a sh*tload of data stuff I hardly use.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:44 pm Obviously, I don't know what your tariff is Samba, but Eggs Jnr.2 is with 3. For £25 per month (£22 if you do DD), he gets unlimited texts, calls and data and boy can he use data!
I'm sure it's the original Virgin Mobile pay as you go, Mr Eggs.

Calls to landlines
First 5 minutes of calls each day 25p per minute
Each minute after that 1p per minute

Calls to Virgin Mobiles
First 5 minutes of calls each day 25p per minute
Each minute after that 1p per minute
Minimum call charge 16p per call

Text to other Virgin Mobiles 5p per text

Calls to other network mobiles 41p per minute
Minimum call charge 25p per minute
Text to other Virgin Mobiles 10p per text (No, I don't know what the f*ck they've done here. Is it 5p or 10p?)
Text to other UK network mobiles 12p per text

As I text or phone hardly at all, I don't want a contract as I really wouldn't get value.
I can't stay with VM though, with the changes they're making. No text or 1 minute call is going to be worth spending £2 for.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Tenbury wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:15 pm Samba, didn't see that, I've got a PAYG Sim from Tesco mobile, £10 a month, they give you another 8 or 9 free, unlimited calls,texts, etc, and a sh*tload of data stuff I hardly use.
Yeah, I may think about Tesco, Tenners.
O2 payg doesn't look too bad, either.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1857 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I've just changed to Tesco from Virgin, because I got zero signal at home from Virgin (EE). I was on a £6 per month rolling contract (I'm a very light user, I never made a dent in my minimal allowances) but considered Tesco (O2) at £7.50 per month worth it for the vastly better signal. The increased allowances (500 minutes, 2GB and a squillion texts) are immaterial. Mrs. Boots is happy too because I also switched her to Tesco, meaning not only does her phone now work, she gets an extra 100 clubcard points per month on top of those you get anyway for just having the sim.

Should help with stocking the wine cellar over Christmas.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Samba wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:47 pm Yeah, I may think about Tesco, Tenners.
O2 payg doesn't look too bad, either.
Have you looked at 1pMobile? I think they get good reviews and are very cheap.
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Question Time - it is visual twitter, people yelling at each other not listening to a word anyone else say unless they 100% agree with their point of view. Program achieves nothing and only divides us even more.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Three mobile.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

sendô wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:35 amThree mobile.
Two days without any signal or data, for me.
sendô

Post by sendô »

I think I managed some data for about 20 minutes yesterday evening.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Some busy-body **** putting a note on Mrs Eggs car telling her shes not welcome to park her car in a residential area where she works in Chelmsford, and to use the park and ride. Headbanger
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

S-H wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:42 am Two days without any signal or data, for me.
Yep, me too.
sendô

Post by sendô »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:41 pm Some busy-body **** putting a note on Mrs Eggs car telling her shes not welcome to park her car in a residential area where she works in Chelmsford, and to use the park and ride. Headbanger
^ If there's no yellow lines or residents permit holders only signs, then what's the issue?

People park outside my house and go to the station all the time.

Anyway, when she parks there Monday, she should leave the same note in the window, and just write "f*** off you busybody ****" in big red letters underneath.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

sendô wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:49 pm ^ If there's no yellow lines or residents permit holders only signs, then what's the issue?
Exactly. Not blocking anyones drive and it isnt an old banger or anything like that. Probably some old snarler with nothing better to do.

sendô wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:49 pmAnyway, when she parks there Monday, she should leave the same note in the window, and just write "**** off you busybody ****" in big red letters underneath.
My thoughts exactly. My wife is nicer than me though.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Where in chelmsford may I ask.

I work in chelmsford but fortunately get a parking space at work due to being a manager, however, before then I had to find odd roads to park down.

Depending what side she is working at I may be able to suggest a road or two.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Some busybody slid a note under our door the other Sunday eve complaining about us hoovering at 9AM on a Sunday morning, apparently this was far too early. They also complained that we had been "banging loudly" (stop laughing) late Saturday night and which had disrupted their night's sleep.

We were at a wedding that weekend so it wasn't even us.

****ing busy cretins everywhere.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Patito wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:32 pm Some busybody slid a note under our door the other Sunday eve complaining about us hoovering at 9AM on a Sunday morning, apparently this was far too early. They also complained that we had been "banging loudly" (stop laughing) late Saturday night and which had disrupted their night's sleep.

We were at a wedding that weekend so it wasn't even us.

****ing busy cretins everywhere.
Give em something to moan about pat, take a massive dump on their front lawn, or make them fear you.. stand out in your back garden and just sharpen knives, the whole time staring straight into their bedroom window (they're bound to be watching)
Samba

Post by Samba »

wolf359 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:44 am Question Time - it is visual twitter, people yelling at each other not listening to a word anyone else say unless they 100% agree with their point of view. Program achieves nothing and only divides us even more.
I quite often watch it but you're quite right, it is usually a frustrating watch.
Samba

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:26 pm Give em something to moan about pat, take a massive dump on their front lawn
He should really do things that he hasn't done before.