Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

S-H wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:26 pm Give em something to moan about pat, take a massive dump on their front lawn, or make them fear you.. stand out in your back garden and just sharpen knives, the whole time staring straight into their bedroom window (they're bound to be watching)
When I first left home I lived in a house with two other flatmates. One was a bouncer, one ran the local gym. Both were related and were a bit unhinged (to say the least) but lovely blokes if you got to know them. Some of the things they used to get up to:

1. Coming home from work one day, the bouncer (who was 6ft 6" and weighed 20-odd stone) in the upstairs window of his room, bollock naked, blaring out "My Teddy Bear" by Elvis and roaring loudly.

2. The gym owner, Tony (who was about 6ft and 17 stone) riding his dirt bike up and down the road bollock naked (there's theme here). A few weeks later we got a complaint letter from the council about this which made him do it even more.

3. Next door was vacant and on the market to be sold. A couple came round one sunny Saturday when were were out the back. There was a few of us out there, all pissed and was watching the bouncer demonstrate his pick axe throwing skills into the wooden fence at the bottom of the garden. Needless to say the house was never sold while we were in there.

4. Another drunken Saturday summer afternoon, we'd got hold of this air rifle and had taped a load of aerosol cans to the tree and were shooting at them with the air rifle. The first one that was hit exploded and it was deafening. I'm sure the neighbours thought a bomb had gone off.

Funnily enough we never got any grief from the neighbours and a few years later I started a new job. I got talking to this woman who was from Tottenham, and as it turns out, she was from Durban Road (the place where this house was). I casually mentioned that I lived in Durban Road a few years ago and her face dropped and she said "not number 36?" I said, "yeah, how did you know that?" She just looked at me and said, everyone in the street was scared of the people who lived in that house. We all thought they'd just been released from St Anne's (which was the local nuthouse)".

Anyway, moral of the story is, if you don't want agg from the neighbours, throw axes, blow things up and ride motorbikes up and down the road in the nude.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^ Do make sure you have your helmet though.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm Where in chelmsford may I ask.

I work in chelmsford but fortunately get a parking space at work due to being a manager, however, before then I had to find odd roads to park down.

Depending what side she is working at I may be able to suggest a road or two.
She works on Broomfield Road, on the parade of shops next to the KFC. But she parks in Nalla Gardens.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Literally round the corner from me mate. We if she doesn't mind a short walk, we have communal bays down our cul do sac (opposite an assisted living building) which is always safe.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Oh, and if she works in the balloon shop, sort us out a discount it's my wife's 30th at the end of the month lol :lol:
westham,eggyandchips

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:12 pm Oh, and if she works in the balloon shop, sort us out a discount it's my wife's 30th at the end of the month lol :lol:
PM sent :thup:
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

At this exact moment in time, the football West Ham United are playing. What the f**k is going on?

Also, While I'm here and "bumping" Samba's mobile tariff irritation, to be honest mate, I'm not sure if there's a perfect one out there. Which magazine did a test and all the big players came out very bad indeed; Vodafone being by far the worst! If I remember correctly, the best was Giff Gaff, but I don't think they do pay as you go. Many be worth having a look though.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Getting a good stream of the game and then getting a phone call from the old dear who has locked her self out of her car at a large supermarket. So I have to go to her place, pick up the keys and then driver to the supermarket then drive home through terrible traffic only to find, on my return home, that we have lost 2-0!
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

WHU Independent wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:11 pm Getting a good stream of the game and then getting a phone call from the old dear who has locked her self out of her car at a large supermarket. So I have to go to her place, pick up the keys and then driver to the supermarket then drive home through terrible traffic only to find, on my return home, that we have lost 2-0!
I think you had the lesser of the two evils mate.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:57 pm At this exact moment in time, the football West Ham United are playing. What the f**k is going on?

Also, While I'm here and "bumping" Samba's mobile tariff irritation, to be honest mate, I'm not sure if there's a perfect one out there. Which magazine did a test and all the big players came out very bad indeed; Vodafone being by far the worst! If I remember correctly, the best was Giff Gaff, but I don't think they do pay as you go. Many be worth having a look though.
:thup: cheers, mate.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:36 pm I think you had the lesser of the two evils mate.
T'is true. Sitting in terrible traffic was probably marginally better than watching our performance today.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:38 pm She works on Broomfield Road, on the parade of shops next to the KFC. But she parks in Nalla Gardens.
I don't have too much of problem with people parking close to where they work but round here any roads without single/double lines are used by commuters who are too tight to pay for the station car park. They also cause blockages that have stopped ambulances getting to where they need to be. When I hear that their car has been keyed, I have little sympathy.
westham,eggyandchips

^^^

Fully agree if people are blocking key access roads.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Last night, in the space of about 20 minutes between leaving the pub in Barking and arriving home in Hornchurch, no fewer than 5 different people asked me for money.

Granted, one of them was the bloke in the chicken shop wanting paying for my sumptious cuisine, but the other 4 were all beggars/homeless. One of them had the cheek to come up to me at the cashpoint asking for £20 to buy "insulin".
Patito

Post by Patito »

S-H wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:26 pm Give em something to moan about pat, take a massive dump on their front lawn,
Unfortunately their lawn is our lawn, we live in an apartment complex.
S-H wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:26 pm or make them fear you.. stand out in your back garden and just sharpen knives, the whole time staring straight into their bedroom window (they're bound to be watching)
Could work but I don't know which "neighbour" it was. They didn't have the stones to leave a name or door number...
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 483 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Patito wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:46 am we live in an apartment complex.
Is that like a block of flats?

While we're on Americanisms, why do some people insist on using their middle initial? Like Monkey T. Bubbles, or whatever? Self-important ostentation, if you ask me.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 483 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

When you buy a shirt and the laundry label on the inside is printed in 24 languages on six A4 sheets of sandpaper, so by the end of the day your neck, or sidegut, or wherever the label is, is rubbed down to shiny sticky subcutaneous tissue. And if you try to cut the label out, invariably you end up snipping through the stitching of the seam, so that your shirt unravels into a weird cape and bib affair by home time.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:59 am When you buy a shirt and the laundry label on the inside is printed in 24 languages on six A4 sheets of sandpaper, so by the end of the day your neck, or sidegut, or wherever the label is, is rubbed down to shiny sticky subcutaneous tissue. And if you try to cut the label out, invariably you end up snipping through the stitching of the seam, so that your shirt unravels into a weird cape and bib affair by home time.
This always annoys me too,

I have always thought that the label should be on a piece of string and attached to a button hole so you can discard it when you buy it.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:54 am Is that like a block of flats?
Yes it just sounds nicer.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:54 amWhile we're on Americanisms, why do some people insist on using their middle initial? Like Monkey T. Bubbles, or whatever? Self-important ostentation, if you ask me.
My middle initial is J.

My first initial is F.

However my surname is not 'thegrey', nor do I have grey hair, yet.

I'd say my use of the initial is more self-effacing ostentation though.