Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sendô »

EastBrisHammer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:53 am You should try taxi drivers in Hungary. One managed to crash into the car in front as everyone decided to tailgate each other at 50mph. They swapped details like it was an everyday occurrence. To be fair he contacted the office and we had another driver in minutes, who also drove like a nutter.

Then on a second trip the driver spent the entire journey copying contact details from one mobile phone to another, periodically touching the steering wheel to stop the car swerving across too many lanes of traffic.
A few years back we had a "crazy taxi" ride in Italy. Literally over taking every car on normal roads, weaving all over the place, and completely ignoring all speed limits. Luckily it was only a few miles, but even by Italian standards of driving this guy was something else.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

You can add some transfer coach drivers when you land in "insert country", worse one for me was in Greece going through mountain roads, I found religion for 30 minutes.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

While on manners I always make sure at the bar that someone who was there before me gets served first. Seems to be an etiquette that is getting more frequent, & its a good thing. However, woe betide someone that strolls up & gets served before me if I have been waiting.
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

badabing wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:04 pm Speaking of manners I had a bizarre incident at work yesterday.

There`s a bloke been there about 5 years , never said more than 2 words to me, which is fine, some people like to talk others keep to themselves.

I`ve gone into the mess room to make a cuppa and this fella is in there having his breakfast, as I`m leaving he says "morning", I have a mouthful of tea and nod towards him.
"What, can`t say morning "he replies. I said you what mate? " I said morning, bit rude not replying" he says
I had a mouthful of tea and acknowledged you I said
"Yeah well rude not to reply" he says
I said, Geezer, in 5 years this is the longest conversation we`ve had, what now you want me to be saying good morning whenever I see you? Alright mate I say, Good morning, enjoy your breakfast and the rest of the day and don`t ever front me up again over nothing.

To be fair he comes across as a twat, walking with a strut and a sneer etc, but what an odd thing to do out of the blue.
Bloke who works in the office gym did that to me a while back. He didn't hear my response due to them insisting on playing Twat FM really loudly on the gym PA, and snapped back at me that I'd been "very rude". No question he heard my follow-up remarks loudly & clearly.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

sendô wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:48 pm A few years back we had a "crazy taxi" ride in Italy. Literally over taking every car on normal roads, weaving all over the place, and completely ignoring all speed limits. Luckily it was only a few miles, but even by Italian standards of driving this guy was something else.
I think my wife had minor women's whiplash but I thought we had fat chance of suing a Hungarian taxi firm. Not that I approve of that sort of thing anyway.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Went to see 1917 last night totally ruined by the arseholes next to us constantly f...g scrumpling sweet wrappers munching pop corn etc
Why cant fat people go 90 mins without eating so much.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

rigoberts song wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm Went to see 1917 last night totally ruined by the arseholes next to us constantly f...g scrumpling sweet wrappers munching pop corn etc
People!

The only reason I don't bother going to the cinema, any more.

Would rather wait, and watch it from the comfort of my own home.
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

S-H wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:24 pm People!

The only reason I don't bother going to the cinema, any more.

Would rather wait, and watch it from the comfort of my own home.
I like going to the cinema but I always select a film coming to the end of its run and we always try to get seats the furthest away from people. Watching a film at home is not the same, regardless of how good the home cinema set up is.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:24 pm People!
I've met people.
I didn't like them.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1520 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Dover KUMB fan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:02 pm While on manners I always make sure at the bar that someone who was there before me gets served first. Seems to be an etiquette that is getting more frequent, & its a good thing. However, woe betide someone that strolls up & gets served before me if I have been waiting.
That’s a great one, and one that ladies are terrible at. It’s also not something that the younger generation are great at. I always get a surprised look from the under-25’s when I make sure the barman serves them next.

It’s easy, we should understand queuing, were English for f*** sake. It’s our speciality.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Trying to speak to someone in the Easyjet call centre to discuss a flight from Stanstead to Glasgow. I have now been on hold for a longer period of time than the actual flight is scheduled to take, tossers :x
badgermax
Has liked: 5 likes

Post by badgermax »

I'm still on hold with Easyjet and reading Kumb to pass the time. 1hr 13mins so far!!!
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

EastBrisHammer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:50 pm I think my wife had minor women's whiplash
:lol:
BabyClaret
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by BabyClaret »

Turns to Stone wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:09 pm That’s a great one, and one that ladies are terrible at. It’s also not something that the younger generation are great at. I always get a surprised look from the under-25’s when I make sure the barman serves them next.

It’s easy, we should understand queuing, were English for **** sake. It’s our speciality.
Agreed us youngers are terrible for this one - some of the guys are good at it (normally after a few drinks) - I try to do it but it depends on my level of intoxication and the mood I am in. Never had a woman do it for me or seen it happen.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

rigoberts song wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm Went to see 1917 last night totally ruined by the arseholes next to us constantly f...g scrumpling sweet wrappers munching pop corn etc
Because they wouldn't be fat then, would they rs. :D
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Almost certainly because they wouldn't be able to concentrate on the film.
They have probably, all of their life, grown up watching tv, whilst eating.
They can't do one, without the other. They don't know how to.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Doesn't impact me at all but for some reason it annoys me.

The town I used to live in has a sports centre that was built back in the sixties. Once a month or so the local naturists hired the swimming pool for a couple of hours nude swimming and a couple of times a year hired the whole centre. I only found this out when I was dating one of the women who worked there - we used to laugh about the nudists using the trampolines. :lol:

A couple of years ago the council decided to build a new centre as the old one was getting too expensive to maintain, they opened in January. My mum still gets the local paper and told me about an article, apparently the naturists can no longer book the swimming pool because it has a large glass window and the centre is worried about people looking in and seeing naked people. So something that has been enjoyed for years and most locals probably knew nothing about has gone because of lack of foresight - or someone deliberately planned it because they didn't like it.
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 pm Doesn't impact me at all
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

BabyClaret wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:37 am Agreed us youngers are terrible for this one - some of the guys are good at it (normally after a few drinks) - I try to do it but it depends on my level of intoxication and the mood I am in. Never had a woman do it for me or seen it happen.
I always take pride in letting others get served first if they were there first. I am not the most patient person but this convention is important to me. As other have said, most people are surprised, albeit grateful.
Royally ****'s me off when it doesn't get reciprocated
woodford
Has liked: 421 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by woodford »

In the cinema, there is nothing so disgusting as hearing some lard arse breathing loudly through their nose because they stuffed their face full of sweets

Worse still, the utter bastards who go for the whole cheesy nacho thing and make a feast of it. At the cinema? Why?

Alas, its illegal to sit behind them and end it all with length of cheesewire