Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba »

-DL- wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:28 pm Case today, I was on the A2 through Newington, two rozza cars piling down the road behind me, I pull off to the side and some twat in a van, who was clearly so distracted that he hadn't been checking his mirrors, came alongside, tooted me, gave me the ****er sign, whilst blocking the road and now the police cars couldn't get through. Absolute ****ing idiot. I saw them in the distance a good 20 seconds before they reached me, and as they got closer, which I could see with quick glances in my off side mirror, I pulled in to the first place where I wouldn't cause an obstruction, the old silly b*llocks came alongside.
I see this all the time. Usually a narrow road with cars coming towards you, so you do the decent thing & pull in to the left.
Matey boy behind, doesn't know wtf is going on or thinks that you've parked (even though you really haven't), overtakes you & then meets the oncoming traffic where it's too narrow for either to pass..What a c*nt..
Samba

Post by Samba »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:02 am The A12 has to be one of the worst roads in the South East condition-wise. Utterly crap, full of pot holes, ridges, bad surfacing and crap drivers. Dicey in a car and really scarey in places on a bike.
Just yesterday (Thursday), 7 vehicle pile up just off the A12 at Romford. 2 dead.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Mrs Eggs deciding she wants to use Google maps/Sat Nav to get home when shes already stuck in traffic , despite me telling her to check the traffic when she gets in the car as she's leaving work. A 20 minute journey will probably take her nearer 2hrs tonight. :thdn:
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Samba wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 am I see this all the time. Usually a narrow road with cars coming towards you, so you do the decent thing & pull in to the left.
Matey boy behind, doesn't know wtf is going on or thinks that you've parked (even though you really haven't), overtakes you & then meets the oncoming traffic where it's too narrow for either to pass..What a c*nt..

so many times this has happened to me , its quite hilarious
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by old fart »

Samba wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 am I see this all the time. Usually a narrow road with cars coming towards you, so you do the decent thing & pull in to the left.
Sunday drivers do that all the time around the lanes, they stop because a car's coming, thinking I'm sure, that it makes their car narrower so you overtake them to prove there is room for two cars to pass and then they get all irate :lol:
Samba

Post by Samba »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:32 pm Mrs Eggs deciding she wants to use Google maps/Sat Nav to get home when shes already stuck in traffic , despite me telling her to check the traffic when she gets in the car as she's leaving work. A 20 minute journey will probably take her nearer 2hrs tonight. :thdn:
A13 tonight, f*cking hell on earth..
45 mins later, empty as f*ck..
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Samba wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:39 am Just yesterday (Thursday), 7 vehicle pile up just off the A12 at Romford. 2 dead.
The A12 is a crap road, it's 70mph but the slip roads and lay by's don't have acceleration lanes for people to build up enough speed before joining it, so they pull out making others slow down or anchor up...........
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

On some nights you can drive down the 16 miles to Sleat [ south of Skye ] and not see another car .

Apologies , I should have posted this in the Smiles or Smug b*stard thread . :D
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:02 am The A12 has to be one of the worst roads in the South East condition-wise. Utterly crap, full of pot holes, ridges, bad surfacing and crap drivers. Dicey in a car and really scarey in places on a bike.
That bit near Chelmsford where it goes from 3 to 2 lanes...guaranteed to see at least a near miss once a week where some tool cuts in at the last second.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Samba wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:39 am Just yesterday (Thursday), 7 vehicle pile up just off the A12 at Romford. 2 dead.
Wasn't even on the A12 or A127. One of the roads leading up to it from Hornchurch. Apparently was absolute carnage.

There are some proper helmets round here. 70 on 30mph, overtaking on the wrong side of the road constantly...that's what happens when there's hardly any old bill on the road pulling over cloned plates that don't match the car etc.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Hermes couriers.

Loads of people round here have had parcels go missing with forged signatures (my eldest has been done twice this week, bloke at work had 100 quid of Debenhams gear go missing, loads on Facey saying the same)...

Yet they don't give a ****. The courier is just theiving it all and their "customer service" just says it's been delivered according to their records and funnily enough the GPS in the courier van is faulty. :thdn:
Samba

Post by Samba »

smuts wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:15 pm Wasn't even on the A12 or A127. One of the roads leading up to it from Hornchurch. Apparently was absolute carnage.

There are some proper helmets round here. 70 on 30mph, overtaking on the wrong side of the road constantly...that's what happens when there's hardly any old bill on the road pulling over cloned plates that don't match the car etc.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Just awful. It's a road that at the best of times you can only crawl up to get to the lights so I have no idea what happened to cause that.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

smuts wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:11 am Just awful. It's a road that at the best of times you can only crawl up to get to the lights so I have no idea what happened to cause that.
I'd have a good guess that an utter ****er caused it.

Cars don't usually roll without a great deal of force being applied do they
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

The fact I've had pins and needles/sight numbness in my left foot for about 9 days now..

:?
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

S-H wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 am The fact I've had pins and needles/sight numbness in my left foot for about 9 days now..

Probably book a doctors appointment to get checked out!

Or chop it off, whichever’s easiest for you!
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 264 likes
Total likes: 231 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Had the car booked in with an auto electrician today as there’s a few things wrong on that side of things - Citroen, so what else do you expect? Anyway, halfway there in the pelting rain, the front wipers stop working and lock in place in the middle of the windscreen... so they are now the main priority when I get to the garage, with the fella finding a secondhand replacement motor, which he fits... and chips my ****ing windscreen, which won’t be fixed until Wednesday morning now.

So I’m more out of pocket than expected, with no car, and the things that were supposed to be fixed today haven’t been done either 😩
Samba

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 am The fact I've had pins and needles/sight numbness in my left foot for about 9 days now..
Could be a trapped nerve in your back, mate.
Get it checked though :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Samba wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:22 am Could be a trapped nerve in your back, mate.
Get it checked though :thup:
Just been to the docs, pinched nerve in the back is what she reckoned, likely caused from recent snowboarding trip, got an awful pain shooting down my leg. From a quick google search all roads pointed to a blood clot, so I hope she's right..
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Getting the actual flu and being sick for a week.

I now have a lovely hacking cough that I probably wont be able to shift for ages.