Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Patito

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Patito »

Etonhammer wrote: Dogs Welcome
Babies No
Children No
Pushchairs No
Perfect :thup:
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Etonhammer wrote:
The Two Brewers in Windsor
Nice little pub at the top of the Long Walk

Big sign at the door

Dogs Welcome
Babies No
Children No
Pushchairs No

Now that's the kind of door policy i can get behind.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

Warps mum?
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

NOT BEING ABLE TO READ OR POST ON KUMB UNTIL NOW!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I know I'm old and a "bit" slow, but where's the "Mark All Topics Read" at the top of each forum if I can't be arsed to read every thread ?

:?
Samba

Post by Samba »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:28 am I know I'm old and a "bit" slow, but where's the "Mark All Topics Read" at the top of each forum if I can't be arsed to read every thread ? :?
See the little spanner symbol under 'Gnome'? Should find it under the dropdown arrow. :thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

nope mate

subscribe topic
bookmark
email
print

bugger - when you reply you can't see the spanner.......

Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:00 pm nope mate

subscribe topic
bookmark
email
print

bugger - when you reply you can't see the spanner.......

It shows when you are on the Main Snug page, not in a thread.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

This talk about babies and kids in pubs reminds me of this fantastic pub review I found and the response from the landlord. I've been to this pub and it was a friendly place but definitely more a traditional boozer rather than a 'family' pub. Anyway, who is telling the truth I don't know but I found the comments amusing anyway.

The Reviewer
Had the most horrible experience in the spotted dog ! Went for Classical Sunday to introduce my children to classical music (daughter of 10 plays the piano and thought she would get some inspiration). While I was in the toilet, someone at the bar swore at my wife in front of the children using the 'F' word telling her that our children were making too much noise. I was very upset at this and expected some support from the Landlord. The Polish bar girl also felt he was wrong and asked for the landlord to act. However to our surprise, he told us that we were not in control of our children and weren't welcome at the pub ! What do you expect from a 2 and 3 year old who were so well behaved taking into account their age ! Why shouldn't we take them to a pub to introduce them to classical music ??? It was described as an informal atmosphere so we felt it appropriate to take them. Our 10 year old and 3 year old sat there quietly throughout the performances and it was only towards the end that our 2 year old started to make some noise. We promptly took her out to the adjoining bar but did not expect to experience what followed ! It ended in a really awful scene. The polish bar girl was so lovely and her and another girl who I believe works there both came out to apologise saying that indeed the music was open to people of all ages. They knew that we were in the right ! And then the Landlord came out again and started carrying on. I was absolutely mad and it was so upsetting that my children had to witness this scene !!!!!! They went home in tears, shaking uncontrollably, absolutely traumatised ! It's disgusting to be treated like that in a so called 'family friendly' bar ! I just don't know what this country is coming to honestly ! Go to Southern Europe or to Asia and children are embraced as part of society and welcomed to any occasion ! I think this is the most disgusting pub I have ever been to ! The person who swore at my wife was out of order and the Landlord should have not condoned such behaviour. I would never ever recommend this place for families and in fact to anyone else !

Landlord's response:
It’s difficult to decide which is the more irritating customer to have to deal with – the entitled dog-owner or the half-witted parent who thinks the sun shines out of his off-spring’s rear. I think, on the whole, more pub-goers are irritated by unruly children than by dogs. But, of course, it is not the dog’s or the child’s fault. The problem lies with the inability or disinclination of the owner/parent to control their precious little gems.

What actually happened?

The Spotted Dog, a corner working-class boozer, hosts, with great pride, twice a month, an afternoon of classical music performed by up to ten students and ex-students of Birmingham Conservatoire. Harpists, violinists, cellists, opera singers, flautists, pianists and others, each performing solo for 15 – 20 minutes. Beneficial to the students who get to perform in an environment different from their normal one of symphony halls or conservatoires. They also earn a few bob like their cousins the “jazzers” who have many venues in which to perform. They love it! Also, these afternoons are aimed at Philistines, like yours truly (brought up on a diet of Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis), in an attempt to introduce us to classical music. These kids are astonishingly talented and a joy to listen to. There are notices in the pub requesting (actually, demanding) silence during the performances.

Mr Entitled Dickhead plonks himself, wife and three kids (surely not his, probably the product of IVF if his hissy fit was evidence of his manliness!) in the middle of the audience and appears oblivious to the fact, almost proud, that one of the kids is shouting and screaming during one of the harp solos. Since he seemed unwilling to control this little monster, who was ruining the enjoyment of all the other customers, I politely pointed out that there was another room to which they could relocate. The wife, face like thunder, gathered up her mini-terrorist and decamped followed by Mr Dickhead and the rest of the brood. After the last performance he came storming in, no doubt encouraged by his harridan wife, to complain about someone being rude to his beloved. When I expressed surprise that I had had to suggest to him that he and his family should have respect for the performers and audience, and when I pointed out that I, not he, am the sole arbiter of how my pub is run and how the clientele should behave he really lost the plot. In front of his kids and wife he had no problem screaming a load of nonsense liberally spiced with c-, f- and w-words (I’ll leave you to work out “w-word”). He left with a shouted threat, witnessed by about ten people, “to burn the f-ing pub down”. Silly man!

As to the points in his post:

His wife was not insulted by anyone as far as we could tell.
The “polish girl”, surely Polish, was almost certainly patronising him – her day job is caring for people, some quite aggressive, with learning difficulties.
Any new words that his wife’s children learned emanated from him.
If they were traumatised, it was probably that they were worried that such lack of control and gross inconsideration for others might be genetic.

I’m not sure that we’ve ever been compared to pubs in Asia before, but we have welcomed kids in The Spotted Dog and it’s garden for thirty years. One proviso, though – they have to be accompanied by a RESPONSIBLE adult. Maybe he didn’t see the notice to that effect, though, I’d prefer to believe that he did, but couldn’t understand or read it.

Please, please do not amend this half-wit’s post, because it will be very consoling for the rest of the customers who attend Sunday Classics that this inconsiderate, self-important, moron will never again be there.

And, by the way, we don’t allow dogs in!
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

By the way loving the new look of the forum.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 2710 likes

Post by sendô »

Eastbris spamming a whole page just to get his post count up.

We know what you're doing. "gateway timeout".

Anyway, yeah parents who take their kids places they really should not be, and then expect everyone else to tolerate them. Mine are 5, 3 and 1 and I'd never dream of taking them somewhere where there's expected to be anything approaching silence. Especially the middle one, who only has the one volume.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

Love it
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

sendô wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:19 pm Eastbris spamming a whole page just to get his post count up.
I've been rumbled.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Harry Redknapp adverts on the tv & radio. I've become quite fast at switching them off.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Samba

yes mate cheers - finally twigged it just before I had to leg it out this morning.

belated thanks

:thup:
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Piles, seem to only come along when I’m stressed got more hangers on then Anthony Joshua
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by Tenbury »

You need Prof. Pinky's Patent Pile Preparation.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Tenbury wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:44 pm You need Prof. Pinky's Patent Pile Preparation.
Did we ever get Pinky's conclusion to his condition?
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Patito wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:52 am Me too, a few times, Sugar Hut smoking area, I came to the same conclusion as sendo.
She is a nasty piece of work who has a mouth life a gutter.

Mrs RR's hairdressers refused to serve her after she used the immortal "do you know who I am?". In fact most of the bars/restaurants/pub proprietors around here have told Towie producers to do one as they don't want to be associated with it or the vacuous parasites that appear on that ****hole of a TV programme.

Her on/off boyfriend who thinks he's Harry Connick Jr is just as bad. I just wish they'd eat themselves into a coma.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2106 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

"Do you know who I am?"

"Is there a doctor in the house? There's a woman here who doesn't know who she is."