Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba »

fjthegrey wrote:Saturdays where you have no plans, nobody is around, you're restless and you really need to occupy yourself with something.
I can feel I'm going to get annoyed today, and subsequently do something self destructive.
How'd it turn out, Fj?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Southeastern doing engineering work tomorrow which means I can't go to a gig at The Underworld tomorrow unless I want to get in at around 01:00am - which having to get up at 04:30am is just not going to happen.
I can't remember whether you're now in Maidstone, or Canterbury, but you do know that there's a St Pancras <-> Canterbury West service don't you? High-speed link takes less than an hour.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Samba wrote:How'd it turn out, Fj?
I've been in bed since 6pm yesterday drinking.

Better than I expected.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

prophet:marginal wrote:I can't remember whether you're now in Maidstone, or Canterbury, but you do know that there's a St Pancras <-> Canterbury West service don't you? High-speed link takes less than an hour.
Yeah I'm in Maidstone but getting the St. Pancras service would mean leaving stupidly early to get back.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Yeah I'm in Maidstone but getting the St. Pancras service would mean leaving stupidly early to get back.
Drive to Ebbsfleet and pick it up there? Last one back from London is about 11.30pm.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

WHU_Del wrote:Drive to Ebbsfleet and pick it up there? Last one back from London is about 11.30pm.
I thought about driving to Bromley South but I really wanted to have a beer. Don't think I've been to a gig and not had a beer. The two go hand in hand for me 8-)
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Wondering right now what a bloke who thinks it okay to spit in the face of a 14 year old girl is doing involved in a TV charity football match if I'm honest. Similar Ant and/or Dec who is now flogging bank accounts

Danny Baker and Jo Brand castigated for what was probably little more than poor choices for jokes, yet drink driving and crashing into a car with a kid in or flobbing in a kids face is fine if you're mates with all the right people. :eh:
Samba

Post by Samba »

Hearing the same adverts on commercial radio stations, over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over again...
I make a point of never buying that product, just to get my own back.
sendô

Post by sendô »

^ What, do you mean like this dickhead?
Samba

Post by Samba »

I was mainly talking about radio ads but yes, there are plenty of tv ones that make me want to go postal, as well.
Radio seems worse I think, because you're not always near enough to mute, fast forward or skip it.
And unlike your eyelids, you can't close your ears!
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

sendô wrote:Image
^ What, do you mean like this dickhead?
Radio X play this advert every 5 ****ing minutes!

"Wise guy eh"

f*** off!
sendô

Post by sendô »

^ Yes, that's why I posted it. Every ad break yesterday on radio X was that cretin.

They've ruined a great film character now.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

bigcarpchaser wrote:Just been on hols to Corfu in one of these all inclusive hotels things. The amount of sheer greed, waste and pure selfishness was astounding. I’ve never seen so many grossly obese tattooed up women trying to eat their own body weight in food 3 times a day in one place. Add to that all the Liverpool football shirts on display (mainly warm by Germans oddly enough, really took the shine off a pleasant enough week away.
i can empathise with you - now i only go all inclusive at 4 or 5 * star gaffes gets rid of the riff raff

the amount of people that also left half a drink and just got a new one also pissed me off no end
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

On the subject of holidays, the amount of people who can`t be bothered to use please and thank you in the native language. How hard is a gracias , obrigado etc Total ignorance.
S-H

Post by S-H »

badabing wrote:On the subject of holidays, the amount of people who can`t be bothered to use please and thank you in the native language. How hard is a gracias , obrigado etc Total ignorance.
Pathetic comment.

Don't you know they prefer it if you speak at them in English, using a poor foreign accent.
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

Had trouble at a toll booth in Spain once, and the person on the intercom answered in English , apparently, according to my kids who still remind me of it when we`re abroad, I started using a Spanish style accent explaining that my "teeeket" wasn`t working! I on the other hand have no recollection of this.
S-H

Post by S-H »

:)
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

[youtube]<iframe width="1177" height="662" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZnoP4sUV90" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

[youtube]<iframe width="1177" height="662" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CwkUMFk4yTo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

:lol:
sendô

Post by sendô »

badabing wrote:On the subject of holidays, the amount of people who can`t be bothered to use please and thank you in the native language. How hard is a gracias , obrigado etc Total ignorance.
When I was in Portugal and jumped in a taxi, the first thing the cab driver did was apologise to us for his poor English - which in fairness was pretty good and far superior to our Portuguese.

Of course we all insisted that the ****er compensate us for his **** linguistic skills by reducing our fair, the lazy selfish prick. :thup:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:[youtube]<iframe width="1177" height="662" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZnoP4sUV90" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
He really is a colossal spastic, isn't he.