Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

1875Hammer

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by 1875Hammer » Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am

chigwells finest wrote:sitting in A&E last night with my missus , surveying the scene around me , akin to some post nuclear fall out or a scene from the walking dead .
I was in the fractures clinic a couple of months ago and the sights in there made me think of the Darwin Awards. How these people haven't been deselected by evolution is beyond me.

WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea » Thu May 24, 2018 11:36 pm

Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.

Attention-seeking narcissists; 'oh I'm nocturnal but will head for something lit-up'.

My overly vivid and admittedly odd mind-set can easily perceive a bunch of butterflies discussing them and calling them hipsters.

Samba

Post by Samba » Fri May 25, 2018 12:59 am

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.
Attention-seeking narcissists; 'oh I'm nocturnal but will head for something lit-up'.
My overly vivid and admittedly odd mind-set can easily perceive a bunch of butterflies discussing them and calling them hipsters.
Time to get the old electric tennis racket out..

Monkeybubbles

Post by Monkeybubbles » Fri May 25, 2018 11:48 am

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.

On a vaguely related note, and I may have posted this before: Slugs.

Slugs totally have me over, to the point at which I'd describe it as a phobia. I can't knowingly go within five yards of one without feeling a bit light headed and panicky. I would honestly rather wrestle a rottweiler than handle a slug. And a bit of warm weather, a bit of rain, and now suddenly our garden is heaving with the little qunts.

If anyone wants me, I'll be up in the loft. In the middle of a circle of salt. With a flamethrower.

sendô

Post by sendô » Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

^ I've got a bit of an issue with them in my house, they keep coming in under the floorboards/through gaps into the kitchen and hallway.

Finding and blocking up all holes that they get through is difficult.

They only come out at night, the disgusting slimy things.

S-H

Post by S-H » Fri May 25, 2018 12:08 pm

I learned this morning that my Labrador has an irrational fear of the slimy ****ers, the idiot was barking at them, such a brave boy though.

There were hundreds of them down the lane where we were walking!

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp » Fri May 25, 2018 12:16 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:On a vaguely related note, and I may have posted this before: Slugs.
not half as bad if you deep-fry them

Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on

Post by Toulouse_Iron » Fri May 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Mega Ron wrote: I had to jump onto the wrench a few times to get the nuts to loosen and I'm 14 stones.
A warm bath usually does the trick

Burningaham

Post by Burningaham » Fri May 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Jo ****ing brand

Hampshire Hammer

Post by Hampshire Hammer » Sat May 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Annoying people whom think everyone should share their taste in music. For the first dance at our wedding we had black stone cherry "peace is free" because we both love the song. One of the women described it as "crap " and lectured me that we "should " have had Whitney as apparently she is perfect. The fact that I hate Whitney Houston and my wife isn't keen is apparently irrelevant, 4 days later we've just met her and stupid bint is still going on about it. I've just pointed out that was our dance and we love the song but apparently we're wrong.

FreeWheeling

Post by FreeWheeling » Sat May 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Son in law, comes round for a BBQ, brings a bottle of gin, eats my steak , eats my ribs, offers **** all of the gin

sendô

Post by sendô » Sat May 26, 2018 9:32 pm

What gin was it?

Smonnie

Post by Smonnie » Mon May 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Exceptional post!

S-H

Post by S-H » Tue May 29, 2018 7:29 am

Does anyone really care that Sterling has a tattoo of a gun?

It's a ****ing tattoo, get over it!

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Tue May 29, 2018 7:34 am

somerset-hammer wrote:Does anyone really care that Sterling has a tattoo of a gun?

The fact its been highlighted irritates me massively.

What a dick for having a machine gun tattooed on his leg though?

S-H

Post by S-H » Tue May 29, 2018 7:39 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
The fact its been highlighted irritates me massively.

What a dick for having a machine gun tattooed on his leg though?
Completely agree eggy.

chigwells finest

Post by chigwells finest » Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:Does anyone really care that Sterling has a tattoo of a gun?

it just seems there a hordes of people who trawl through social media sites and pages looking for stuff to character assassinate with. every day there's further outrage with more nonsense

Happyhammer52

Post by Happyhammer52 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Sterling gets a ****ing hard time, well worth a read of this thread to see the National press obsession with the bloke.

Really hope he has a good World Cup

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

S-H

Post by S-H » Tue May 29, 2018 1:51 pm

Seen earlier on twitter
If Jaime Vardy doesn't lift Sterlings right leg up and pretend to fire it after a goal at the World Cup, there's no point in any of this

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Tue May 29, 2018 4:19 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:Seen earlier on twitter

If Jaime Vardy doesn't lift Sterlings right leg up and pretend to fire it after a goal at the World Cup, there's no point in any of this
Bravo.... :thup: