Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:20 am

fmgod wrote: Remember to get your protein shake within five minutes of training or it doesn't count :lol:
Mate, I'd be too knackered to even contemplate a 'protein shake' five hours, let alone five minutes after a work out these days... getting old is a bitch.

WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Personalised number plates that don't make sense.
For example, I saw a Range Rover Velar yesterday, and someone else had obviously nabbed V3LAR.
So they went for V5LAR. Vslar?!

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:27 pm

WHU_Del wrote:Personalised number plates that don't make sense.
For example, I saw a Range Rover Velar yesterday, and someone else had obviously nabbed V3LAR.
So they went for V5LAR. Vslar?!
Much better when it's clearly been ported from another car. Usually an estate or people carrier with something like "V8 AMG" or "MY A5T0N", thus announcing to everyone that your financial and/or familial situation has forced a downgrade.

-DL-
Match thread guru

Post by -DL- » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 pm

WHU_Del wrote:Personalised number plates that don't make sense.
Personalised plates full stop. I've just never really 'got it' when it comes to those. I find them a bit pretentious to be honest.

Although, last time I bought a brand new motor back in 2005 and the dealer brought down a sheet of paper with allocated reg numbers and said 'would you like to chose one?', I did pick the one they had that had my initials as the last three letters. But nobody but me and the Mrs knew the meaning and to the outside world, it was just another number plate.

Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on

Post by Toulouse_Iron » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Theis should be on the other little things thread but as it's about number plates...
Saw a pic online of a British car with a number plate that had the French crying with laughter. GR 05 CON.
Gros Con literally means fat c**t :lol:

vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Saw a 4WD in Romford Brewery cp years ago reg ROA5TER. Thought it had to be a footballer.

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 pm

vietnammer wrote:Saw a 4WD in Romford Brewery cp years ago reg ROA5TER. Thought it had to be a footballer.
thats the bloke that works down the toby carvery

Happyhammer52

Post by Happyhammer52 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 pm

My old man always used to rant about folk with private plates, but after the stadium move he purchased "E13 TBG" which I quite liked. Again, something only a few would ever pick up on.

Shy Ted

Post by Shy Ted » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm

sendô wrote:Manual revolving doors.
If you push one of those all day you can eat what you like, and you don't need to go to the gym. :wink:

stuboy

Post by stuboy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 pm

-DL- wrote:Although, last time I bought a brand new motor back in 2005 and the dealer brought down a sheet of paper with allocated reg numbers and said 'would you like to chose one?', I did pick the one they had that had my initials as the last three letters. But nobody but me and the Mrs knew the meaning and to the outside world, it was just another number plate.
VIZ Top Tips wrote: Save money on expensive personalised car number plates by simply changing your name to match your existing plate. - Mr. KVL 741Y

djclipz

Post by djclipz » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:34 pm

I know driving and the roads come up a lot in this topic but boy yesterday;

I'm driving down an A road on the way to work, the rain is pretty bad, it's slippy and visibility isn't great. However the traffic is flowing, no queues but relatively busy. Coming up on the left I spot an artic lorry patiently waiting in the layby to merge back onto the road. As I get closer, the doughnut in front me decides to slam his brakes on and come to a complete stop to let the lorry back onto the road. I must of ended up 1-2 inches from his bumper and likewise for the 2-3 cars behind me. I could see the whites of the eyes of the guy behind me because he knows how close he was to slamming into the rear of my car.

The thing that pisses me off, is the guy in front was clearly oblivious to how dangerous his manoeuvre was despite the reactions from the cars behind him. Plus, if I had ended up hitting him it probably would have been chalked down as my fault.

sendô

Post by sendô » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Chuggers.

"Can I talk to you?"

No, f*** off and make some friends somewhere else dickhead.

Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Power hungry work colleagues.

V-M

Post by V-M » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Finally seeing a bit of blue sky and venturing out at lunchtime for the first time this week. Going out and getting soaked in a downpour 5 minutes later.

ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Power hungry work colleagues.
Oh God yes

Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:52 pm

V-M wrote:Finally seeing a bit of blue sky and venturing out at lunchtime for the first time this week. Going out and getting soaked in a downpour 5 minutes later.

badabing

Post by badabing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Had the misfortune this morning of listening to the Matt and Molly show on radio 1. Jesus wept, I know most DJ`S are pretty inane but these two take the cake, I wanted to leap out the passenger door while still moving.

Samba

Post by Samba » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 pm

djclipz wrote:The thing that pisses me off, is the guy in front was clearly oblivious to how dangerous his manoeuvre was despite the reactions from the cars behind him. Plus, if I had ended up hitting him it probably would have been chalked down as my fault.
Now you see, that's one of those c*nts that never look in their rear view mirror.
Bloody dangerous driving but yes, you (those behind) ALWAYS take the rap. That's what those crash for cash c*nts take advantage of.

-DL-
Match thread guru

Post by -DL- » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Had a car parked outside my gaff since 0800 this morning - partially over the dropped curb making it a right ****ing ball ache to get on the drive. As well as it being a ball ache, it's making it extremely bloody dangerous getting on and off.

Did a DVLA check on it - not taxed, no MOT and showing as not insured on askMID.

Don't give a **** if people want to call me a grass, I've reported it. f*** 'em, it shouldn't be on the road and putting me and my family at risk as we try to get on and off our property, as it's impossible to see what's coming down the road.

Hope it gets towed away. c****.

jastons

Post by jastons » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:10 pm

Driving on a busy road this afternoon, just after a round about and just before a motorway slip road. A van in the outside lane suddenly changes lanes, causing the car in front of us (black mini) to slam on its brakes. Luckily my girlfriend reacted quickly and avoided hitting the mini. I was cursing the van driver and had sympathy for the mini driver for all of thirty seconds before the mini cut across the white shervons on the slip road and straight across three lanes of traffic.