Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Tenbury »

A week ago I go for a pre op at Worcester Royal. They show me a letter they've sent to the GP saying it's very urgent for me to have this heart procedure as I may be developing cardio myopathy.They give me a date of Aug 6(which is a pain as I miss my 12 year olds birthday, but I get him tickets for a show he fancies to make up for it,and his mother'll take him), then they haven't sent a confirmation letter,so I ring them today, and whad'ya know??....they've f*ckin cancelled it.They say maybe at the end of September.
I'm absolutely convinced they're just delaying stuff to see if you croak.The NHS round here is completely overwhelmed, and I've lost all confidence of ever getting to walk properly again, or even surviving.
If I had money,they'd fix it this week.F*ckem all.
r99c
Has liked: 708 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by r99c »

Tenbury wrote:A week ago I go for a pre op at Worcester Royal. They show me a letter they've sent to the GP saying it's very urgent for me to have this heart procedure as I may be developing cardio myopathy.They give me a date of Aug 6(which is a pain as I miss my 12 year olds birthday, but I get him tickets for a show he fancies to make up for it,and his mother'll take him), then they haven't sent a confirmation letter,so I ring them today, and whad'ya know??....they've f*ckin cancelled it.They say maybe at the end of September.
I'm absolutely convinced they're just delaying stuff to see if you croak.The NHS round here is completely overwhelmed, and I've lost all confidence of ever getting to walk properly again, or even surviving.
I went to a dentist to have a decayed wisdom tooth taken out, in November 2018. They referred me to hospital as it'll need to be done under general anaesthetic, the works, as it's too close to a main nerve in the jaw. Had to wait until February for a pre-op meeting at the hospital, just two weeks after developing a bad infection in said decayed wisdom tooth. He said it would be put through as urgent. I then get around 5 bad infections at roughly 3wk intervals. Got through to hospital who said they'd put it through as routine, which is usually around a 6 month waiting list. Last infection, my dentist wrote a letter to the hospital etc saying it needs to be changed to urgent etc. This was around two months ago and still have heard f*** all , luckily the infections on a regular basis seem to have gone away, absolute ****ing joke though :shock:
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Tenbury wrote:A week ago I go for a pre op at Worcester Royal. They show me a letter they've sent to the GP saying it's very urgent for me to have this heart procedure as I may be developing cardio myopathy.They give me a date of Aug 6(which is a pain as I miss my 12 year olds birthday, but I get him tickets for a show he fancies to make up for it,and his mother'll take him), then they haven't sent a confirmation letter,so I ring them today, and whad'ya know??....they've f*ckin cancelled it.They say maybe at the end of September.
Sorry to hear that, Tenners, it must have got you right down.
I don't think you'd be any better off down here, I think the NHS is the same all over.
Live in hope, mate.
Tenbury

Post by Tenbury »

Thanks mate.My sister's got an 8 hour op today as she struggles with this ovarian cancer. So maybe it's all just bad timing.
The downside of a lifetime of misanthropy, I guess, is no one gives toss what you think!
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your sister Tenbury.

OC is a b*stard!!
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

r99c wrote:[
I went to a dentist to have a decayed wisdom tooth taken out, in November 2018. They referred me to hospital as it'll need to be done under general anaesthetic, the works, as it's too close to a main nerve in the jaw. Had to wait until February for a pre-op meeting at the hospital, just two weeks after developing a bad infection in said decayed wisdom tooth. He said it would be put through as urgent. I then get around 5 bad infections at roughly 3wk intervals. Got through to hospital who said they'd put it through as routine, which is usually around a 6 month waiting list. Last infection, my dentist wrote a letter to the hospital etc saying it needs to be changed to urgent etc. This was around two months ago and still have heard **** all , luckily the infections on a regular basis seem to have gone away, absolute ****ing joke though :shock:[/quote]

we refer about 20-30 people a month to the London hospital for the same reason , your story is nothing new
I get moaned at constantly for not being able to jump the nhs waiting list . lower wisdom teeth are a real problem
Samba

Post by Samba »

chigwells finest wrote:we refer about 20-30 people a month to the London hospital for the same reason , your story is nothing new
I get moaned at constantly for not being able to jump the nhs waiting list . lower wisdom teeth are a real problem
I was quite miffed when my dentist advised me having all mine (at that time, unproblematic) out when I was 19.
Perhaps he knew well what he was talking about..
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Received a letter the other day informing me that they were relaying the gas main in our street - starts early August, finishes mid December.

Oh and at some point they'll need to disconnect our gas supply for 2 days. No advise on when, or how I'm supposed to heat the house and keep the kids warm if they decide to do this in the middle of winter.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

That's just terrible , Tenbury , keep breathing until September . :thup:

Very sorry to hear what your sister is going through .
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

The people who work at the same Hospital as me who leave used toilet paper on the floor of the staff toilets, rather than flushing it :thdn:
Apparently, it is the foreign Nurses/Doctors, because they don't flush toilet paper back home or something.
The mind boggles.

*edit*
Also, best of luck, Tenners. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time :crest:
Samba

Post by Samba »

AnthraxDave wrote:The people who work at the same Hospital as me who leave used toilet paper on the floor of the staff toilets, rather than flushing it :thdn:
Apparently, it is the foreign Nurses/Doctors, because they don't flush toilet paper back home or something.
The mind boggles.
Time for some multi-lingual signs to go up on the inside of toilet doors..
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

People who just stop and sort their brains out without any awareness of who or what is behind them.

You are going down the escalator and when you get to the bottom the people in front walk one pace off and then stop and work out where they are going. Do they just think everyone behind them is just going to evaporate?

People in cars who get lost, and just stop at random side roads looking down them and deciding if that is where they want to go. I was on my bike behind such a halfwit today. Drive 30 yards, stop, look down road, carry on, stop, look down next road. Hello dufus -you are on a road with cars and bikes behind you idiot.

All going against the wall come the revolution.
BonzosBoots
Has liked: 49 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by BonzosBoots »

Bend it like Repka wrote:People who just stop and sort their brains out without any awareness of who or what is behind them.

This - without question.

Happened to me this morning. We have barriers in our office where you scan your badge before entering. Some bint was chatting idly as she walked at a snails pace through reception. Was only when she reached the barrier figured she would need to fish her badge out of her bucket sized bag - meanwhile a minor crush developed behind her, of which she was completely unaware. Didn't even figure in her head for a millisecond to move to one side.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Bend it like Repka wrote:All going against the wall come the revolution.
In the meantime, they deserve a damn good thrashing.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DPD Couriers. ****ing useless c****.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Running junior team sports. Sometimes just the most annoying, frustrating, soul destroying exercise on the planet.

I accept that not all parents are dedicated to the sports their kids play, and they can't run their entire lives around sporting events, but by the same account if you want little Timmy to be in a team, and that team to actually function over a season so that it doesn't fold through lack of numbers, then you can't just dip in and out when it suits you.

I bust my butt giving advance warning of games and events. But when the week arrives it a constant stream of sorry, we forgot, have double booked, are going camping, day tripping to London, picking daisies or trying trombone classes.

I dream of the concept of selection problems through having a big squad. Nothing would make me happier than to tell little Timmy's parents he not playing this week as he hasn't been to training for a month.

Sorry, rant over.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Prince 'Hairy', as Meghan calls him, lecturing us all yesterday.
He's going to save the planet by only having a total of two children. Is he going to give up all air travel, as well?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Also lecturing us on racism.

Listen helmet, we pay politicians to talk down to us, we don't need a useless ginger inbred, know nothing to start doing same.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Samba wrote:Prince 'Hairy', as Meghan calls him, lecturing us all yesterday.
He's going to save the planet by only having a total of two children. Is he going to give up all air travel, as well?
I can only imagine what the carbon footprint of the Royal Family looks like.

Like Godzilla's probably.
Tenbury

Post by Tenbury »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:DPD Couriers. ****ing useless *****.
I
Around here they're so inept they've become legends.
Having paid a sh*tload for them to deliver something the next day, I asked why it didn't show.
'Failed delivery '.Nobody at home couldn't deliver I was informed ........
We've only got one door ,the front one. I'd spent from 8 till 5 that day painting it.....