Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

delbert
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by delbert »

My mate had similar but with Parcel Farce, he watched the twat pull up outside, fill in the "sorry you wasn't home" slip and then walk up and post it through the door. The look on his face when my mate wrenched the door open just as he getting into his van was apparently a treat.
The problem is then getting the parcel back from them, you have to go to the sorting office between 12:55 and 13:00 only on a Monday with the slip, 5 forms of ID and a photocopy of your latest retina scan and then hope they can find it.
When my local Hermes geezer is working they're one of the best, however when he's on leave and cover it they're utterly useless..........
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Tenbury wrote: Around here they're so inept they've become legends.
Having paid a sh*tload for them to deliver something the next day, I asked why it didn't show.
'Failed delivery '.Nobody at home couldn't deliver I was informed ........
We've only got one door ,the front one. I'd spent from 8 till 5 that day painting it.....
They even allow you to add some words what to do if nobody in. Where we lived before we were at war with our neighbours pretty much so every delivery where I knew I'd be out said "under no circumstances leave at no 89".

So where do you think every package was left?

I think not being able to read English is a big barrier to success in these roles
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Thameslink and co with the trains being awful, yesterday morning here is a free apple or 10p oat bar, great! I don't care about free apples etc just make the trains work! We don't pay extortionate costs for free fruit, just get the trains running well, air con if possible, lovely.

Like your builder going, I'm sorry I demolished the wrong wall but he's a fruit winder so we're all good now
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Days when you wake up and for no reason at all everything just feels hopeless. Ugly, **** at your job, bad person, desultory.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

fjthegrey wrote:Days when you wake up and for no reason at all everything just feels hopeless. Ugly, **** at your job, bad person, desultory.
Cheer up you sexy f***. The real football season starts next month
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Having root canal treatment then the tooth cracking so have to have it removed anyway. The fact it happened just outside the limit for treatment which meant I had to pay again.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

fjthegrey wrote:Days when you wake up and for no reason at all everything just feels hopeless. Ugly, **** at your job, bad person, desultory.
Thanks to you fj, I now know a new word; desultory.
Pm'd you.
Last edited by Samba on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Yeah, but why does that irritate you?
Samba

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote:Yeah, but why does that irritate you?
Because I've spent literally the whole of my life not knowing that word even existed, when I could have been flagrantly using it, all this time. Better late than never, I suppose.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

I'm sure we're all compunctiuos that you've been caused such pericombobulation.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 481 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Torrington place and the surrounding area.

Bloody another cycling moan, they have converted the area into what I can only consider a cyclist paradise. But by God you're taking your life into your hands every time you cross a pelican crossing. They just don't seem to care who has right of way.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Tenbury wrote:I'm sure we're all compunctiuos that you've been caused such pericombobulation.
:lol: :thup:
Samba

Post by Samba »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:Torrington place and the surrounding area.

Bloody another cycling moan, they have converted the area into what I can only consider a cyclist paradise. But by God you're taking your life into your hands every time you cross a pelican crossing. They just don't seem to care who has right of way.
Isn't this coming weekend, the massive cycle ride in London & Surrey?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

White Goodman wrote:Also lecturing us on racism.

Listen helmet, we pay politicians to talk down to us, we don't need a useless ginger inbred, know nothing to start doing same.
Sure about that? :wink:
delbert
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Finishing Papa Pear Saga and discovering they ain't planning any more levels.......
Noble Man
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

Bend it like Repka wrote:Running junior team sports. Sometimes just the most annoying, frustrating, soul destroying exercise on the planet.

I accept that not all parents are dedicated to the sports their kids play, and they can't run their entire lives around sporting events, but by the same account if you want little Timmy to be in a team, and that team to actually function over a season so that it doesn't fold through lack of numbers, then you can't just dip in and out when it suits you.

I bust my butt giving advance warning of games and events. But when the week arrives it a constant stream of sorry, we forgot, have double booked, are going camping, day tripping to London, picking daisies or trying trombone classes.

I dream of the concept of selection problems through having a big squad. Nothing would make me happier than to tell little Timmy's parents he not playing this week as he hasn't been to training for a month.

Sorry, rant over.
I know exactly where you are coming from. Ran a youth rugby team - training nights lucky if a dozen turned up - when there was a match on over 20 turn up.

My view was that those who regularly turned up for training always started irrespective of how good they were - didn't go down well. Message was simple - turn up for training and you play!!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Could apply the same to adults sports too really, the amount that drop out last minute etc

I've always been taught, if you say you are going to do something, then do it unless there are special reasons or you give loads of notice in advance,
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Samba wrote:Isn't this coming weekend, the massive cycle ride in London & Surrey?
Yes Samba, you're right.

Always seems as if they close half of Surrey's roads off for the event as well. I know it's fun for a lot of people, but I find it f**king irritating! I'll be holed up in the flat with a nice bottle of wine and my, hopefully, new BBQ.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 481 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Samba wrote: Isn't this coming weekend, the massive cycle ride in London & Surrey?
Maybe that's why Dan's disappeared?
He out greasing his gears ready to go cycling.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

No, he took on one DIY home lighting project too many, and electrocuted himself.