Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by S-H »

FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

had a cracking weekend
Meal out with the Mrs in the very nice Pheasant Inn Salisbury on Friday
Away trip on Sat at Staines to watch a 3 nil Basingstoke win, followed by a quick trip down to Dover (dover being the shittest part of the weekend)
Early morning trip across the water to Belgium
Paid respects to our old Capt who died during WW1 then popped in to the local football club next to the cemetery , TSC Proven, who were most welcoming, loads of beers and laughs with the locals
Then off to Ypres, where we laid wreaths during the Last Post ceremony
cracking meal in the evening with plenty more beer and laughs

Monday , I showed the lads come of the sights and cemeteries in Ypres
then a good journey back

:thup:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Having just 38 days left to work in 2018. :scarfer:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

One of our 3 regular snooker night lads brought his 13 year old son with him again last night, only for the second time. Watching the improvement in his game was quite astonishing. Could hardly hit a ball the first time he came, but was getting runs of 4/5 balls last night.

Ah, to be 13 again, and capable of learning things...
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

AnthraxDave wrote: working for a very progressive company on a decent salary (for Hereford!) and career development.

I think my last day might be a bit drunkenly messy :scarfer:
Never thought I would see progressive, decent and Hereford in the same sentence. I'm originally from Ledbury so I get the drunkenly messy bit. :D

Congratulations BTW.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

DasNutNock wrote:One of our 3 regular snooker night lads brought his 13 year old son with him again last night, only for the second time. Watching the improvement in his game was quite astonishing. Could hardly hit a ball the first time he came, but was getting runs of 4/5 balls last night.

Ah, to be 13 again, and capable of learning things...
You can still learn .... as my 98 year old Grandad tells me ‘every day is a learning day!’

By and large, I reckon I learn something new everyday, even if it is something minute, like what programme someone at work watched last night. OK, not everything is useful but if you develop the mindset that you can learn, then it s more likely that you do.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Serving suggestions on pre-prepared food. "Serves 2". Yeah, righto. Is that a suggestion or a challenge?
CMNinja
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by CMNinja »

We had a decorator start at ours this morning and I kept thinking 'I recognise this bloke' - finally it hit me - he's the spit of Pat Mustard from Father Ted.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Setting off on a trip to Dublin to see some old mates :)
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

pablo jaye wrote:
By and large, I reckon I learn something new everyday, even if it is something minute, like what programme someone at work watched last night.
You can't really class the receiving of information like that as 'learning', not by any reasonable definition.
EssexIron
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by EssexIron »

sendô wrote:Serving suggestions on pre-prepared food. "Serves 2". Yeah, righto. Is that a suggestion or a challenge?

Thats just so they can put the calories, fat content, salt etc as per portion on the front of the box so it doesnt look as bad for you as it is.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

sendô wrote:Serving suggestions on pre-prepared food. "Serves 2". Yeah, righto. Is that a suggestion or a challenge?
serves 2 people of one fat b*stard would be perfect packaging, who is going to pick up a product that has that
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

my phone's suggested word when i type "bo": bong
knows me well it does
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Quite Interesting

Verified account

@qikipedia

In 2015, Swindon police apologised for using their sirens unnecessarily on a residential street - they were trying to settle a debate among a group of four-year-olds as to whether the noise is "woo-woo" or "nee-nah".
Well which is it?????
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Every fool know that it's NEE-NAW.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

My 8 year old just did a 32 minute 5k. Room for improvement but pleased nonetheless.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

I was sitting on the train this morning thinking about nothing and everything when a random memory popped into my head about the time when we were audtioning for a guitarist. Me and a drummer were trying to get a trio going for pub gigs and such and decided to interview some guitarist / singers. We decided to do this in my front room rather than splashing out on a rehearsal studio (we were skint at the time, having just left school). Anyway, this fella turns up, nice enough bloke with his missus in tow. Me and him are discussing the set list during which time the drummer farted. Now I dunno about you, but I've got a real toilet sense of humour and this just happened to give me the giggles. It wasn't a rip-roarer, it was one of them ones where when you hear it, you aren't sure if it actually was a fart or a noisy chair.

I looked at him, and by the grin he was trying to stifle I knew the b*stard had farted. Anyway, I'm starting get get the giggles now and I can hear him trying to cover up his giggling too. Meanwhile, the bloke and his missus are completely oblivious and he's carrying on talking about the setlist songs and gigs etc. The only thing I can liken it to was the scene from the Life of Brian where he's going on about Biggus Dickus.

Eventually, to remove myself from the situation I offer to make teas and run out into the kitchen where the tears are rolling down my face not only at the thought of the drummer farting but of him having to try and sit there conversing with this fella about the band. I'm bent over double laughing my b*llocks off when I turn round and he's stood next to me in the kitchen holding his knackers so as he doesn't wet himself from laughing, tears pouring down his face. We were there for a good 3 or 4 minutes not saying a word, just laughing - at one point I thought I was going to have a coronary.

Anyway, we then realise we can't just leave them both in the front room on their own so I say to him that he's got to go back in and keep them entertained, as I'm supposed to be making tea. We then start arguing over who has to go back, in-between long gusts of stifled laughter. He eventually agrees but just before he goes to head back he laughs again and a huge jet of snot shoots out of his nose. That's it for me, I'm on the floor like an immobilised cockroach hardly able to breathe from laughing and he's on his knees, with more tears, snot and dribble coming out of his mouth. Another few minutes and we eventually compose ourselves.

The next twenty minutes were hell. I couldn't look at the drummer because I know what'd happen. I dunno what this guitarist and his missus thought but they never came back again. I wonder why.

It did bring a smile to my face remembering that, was getting some weird looks from other commuters as to why I was grinning like an idiot.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

GCRO. My type of humour. That's had me rolling!
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:GCRO. My type of humour. That's had me rolling!
x2
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

That's also reminded me of the time, a few years back, myself, the Lovely Ms. Eggs and Eggs Jnrs. 1 and 2 were having a nice lunch in a pub just outside Windsor. There we were enjoying the afternoon when Eggs Jnr. 2, in a world of his own, did a snorty laugh over something he'd thought and this huge snot shot out of his nose! The best bit was he was leaning over the table supporting his head in his hands, so it just hung there like a f**king great stalactite!

Still makes the Lovely Ms.Eggs retch when I remind her of it.