what pub have you been in today ? Rate it out of 10

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Re: what pub have you been in today ? Rate it out of 10

Post by southbrishammer »

I went to the Lime Kiln round the back of the Council House in Bristol for a couple after work. Close to the centre but not full of office ****ers or Christmas parties, so good in that respect. Decent selection of ales, if that's your thing, and Grolsch on tap for me. Decor was very much on the shabby side of shabby chic, particularly since it had only re-opened in the summer, so could have had a lick of paint at any time.

7/10
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

The White Hart, Southwark. There are two pubs with same name in this area, I was in the other one.

The landlady is giving it up in the New Year. Punch Taverns (or whichever faceless company owns it) are going to make it into a bistro by knocking through into the cafe next door.

Pint of Landlord for £4.
Jonah
Has liked: 635 likes
Total likes: 537 likes

Post by Jonah »

Not that greasy spoon opposite Tescos?

Had a bacon sandwich from there one morning, I was rotten for the rest of the afternoon. :arry:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Lord Clyde on Essex Road last night for a group Christmas dinner.
Great pub as always , and grub was decent

8/10
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

stuboy wrote:Not that greasy spoon opposite Tescos?

Had a bacon sandwich from there one morning, I was rotten for the rest of the afternoon. :arry:
Yep. They'll have to use a Kango to get 50 years of rancid fat off the walls and ceiling when the builders move in.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Lord Clyde on Essex Road last night for a group Christmas dinner.
Great pub as always , and grub was decent

8/10
I was in there to 8-)
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Forks and Corks - a wine bar/bistro/deli/pub in The archway. A great drinking establishment whatever it is, reasonably priced and a massive range of quality wines and beers, an incredible range of cheeses, comfy seats, wonderful service and decent tunes. 9/10.

The Oak and Pastor - a pub in the Archway. £4:10 a pint, a decent selection of ales and larger, top quality large scale TV with the Everton V Norwich game on, bubbly bar staff, a confessional box (!) church seats as chairs, well decorated, clean, not overly busy and mainly 90% women. 8/10
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

The Lord Stanley, Plaistow. 7/10. Rough, ready, but been my football pub for the best part of 20 years. Now Terry has seen sense, listened to me and got decent beer in its even better. Bonus point yesterday for me not splitting my head open in there this week.

Trinity Arms, Brixton. 6/10. Mixed bag of clientele but probably the best pub in the area. Loses marks for lack of space and small toilets. Decent array of Youngs beers.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The Blakesley Arms, Manor park , it's had a lick of paint since I was last in there and sadly they have put a few football things on the walls which are not necessary . Prompt service , reasonable prices but most of all a perfect location .7/10

The Swan , Brentwood High street .Improved since my last visit as they seem to have sorted out the staff issues .Good selection, clean and tidy and no teenage girls .Lots of MILFage out for the night which helped the ambience 7/10
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote: The Swan , Brentwood High street .Improved since my last visit as they seem to have sorted out the staff issues .Good selection, clean and tidy and no teenage girls .Lots of MILFage out for the night which helped the ambience 7/10
Good to hear on the staff issues, we'd given up going in other than for a one pint stop.

Have you been the The Sun recently more of the die hard regulars have been coming in the Vic !!!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Pop I'm afraid the young man who runs the Rising Sun has much to learn about his trade .Within 2 years it will be empty , just as it was a decade ago .
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote:Pop I'm afraid the young man who runs the Rising Sun has much to learn about his trade .Within 2 years it will be empty , just as it was a decade ago .
That seems to be the general consensus, still they put in new windows !!

We moved away while ago so only pop back to the Vic now and a lot of the Vic regulars have absconded to the spoons !
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Went into Smithfield Hall in NYC to watch the game yesterday, great atmosphere with about 30 TV's showing Prem and foreign games. Great to see fans from loads of different clubs all chatting and getting on over a few beers at 10am. Good staff and a low cut top on the barmaid (who was really friendly) is always appreciated.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Earl’s in Maidstone. Must admit, this is a bit of a regular for me. Beer is great, atmosphere is superb. The landlord is an absolute legend and the bands are usually of a very high standard. To summarise, this is probably the best pub I’ve been to in years. Easily the best pub in Maidstone for me.

10/10
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Rio wrote:The Lord Stanley, Plaistow. 7/10. Rough, ready, but been my football pub for the best part of 20 years. Now Terry has seen sense, listened to me and got decent beer in its even better. Bonus point yesterday for me not splitting my head open in there this week.

Trinity Arms, Brixton. 6/10. Mixed bag of clientele but probably the best pub in the area. Loses marks for lack of space and small toilets. Decent array of Youngs beers.
What decent beer have they introduced, Rio ?
GrowPike

Post by GrowPike »

The Kings Head, Aylesbury 9/10
Lovely pub, friendly staff and good selection of beers (anchored by the Chiltern Brewery) but with ever changing guest ales
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Rocketron wrote: What decent beer have they introduced, Rio ?
At request they've had bottled ale for last season and a half. But not Trooper. Oh no. Defini Not Trooper. Hobgoblin appeared on draught yesterday
3times
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by 3times »

Last night was;

The Havering Well (ex Rush Green Tav) - absolutely dead. £7.40 pint of Coors and a VAT. Bar staff ok but then my son works there so a bit bias!!, and it is my local.

Moons in Hornchurch. Not as busy as a friday, slow getting served but decent prices, £5.74 pint of Coors and a VAT.

Frankies in Hornchurch. Very busy but get served ok. Have to say the DJ was ok as I know him. Expensive - £8.80 pint of Peroni and a VAT.
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Claddagh ring Hendon last night, absolutely blinding full if gorgeous irish women with a great band and a good pint. 9/10
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

The Cock Inn...Herts (Sarrat)

9/10 Lovely couple of pints of Tanglefoot and Beef Roast...lovely old fashioned country pub and grub. Not olde worldy old fashioned more like something from the 70s old fashion.