Online Dating

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Tenbury

Re: Online Dating

Post by Tenbury » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:51 am

It's really hard these days, the overall decline in public transport has left a huge void in our day to day life.

Monkeybubbles

Post by Monkeybubbles » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:54 am

^ :lol:

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:52 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:I often think [ well , not that often ] what would happen to me if Jennie ran off with the milkman or worse......the postman and I was left on my own .

I honestly think I wouldn't bother , I'd be more than happy with my books , laptop and tv ,- all that bloody effort and for what ? :) No thanks .
you wouldn't have any milk for your tea ?

or any letters from home ?

:D

iLoveLasagne

Post by iLoveLasagne » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm

It is a bit surprising to read how easy POF and the like supposedly is. I joined POF a while ago. I must have reeled off dozens of messages of various approaches. I reckon my rate of return on those was less than 1% in just getting a reply. I left shortly afterwards as it simply didn't seem worth my while. I even bought some tokens or whatever for a few pennies each which never got used.

But joining a different site which leaned more towards casual hookups, my rate of return was probably slightly higher say 3%, but that tiny percentage resulted in a series of bunk ups. But they all only wanted to keep it casual and the normal scenario is that they just ghost me. I'm beginning to sense I might be Quasimodo incarnate.

But that is what I hate about online dating. The guys really have to sell themselves and lay it on the line; either by being themselves or portraying a certain persona. Yet these women can dismiss you just like that as they are being bombarded with options regardless without any effort required. But this is just the nature of the beast I guess.

AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:42 pm

6 months ago, I went out with a bird I met online on one of these freebie-Facebook-linked things.
She was a 10/10 in the looks and body department. ****ing hell, stunning. 8 years younger than me, so early-30's. Run her own cake making service, etc. We were getting on really well and having a great laugh about football (she supported Barnsley and knew her stuff, which was a refreshing change), hard rock music and electric guitars and amplifiers.

Then, for some reason, she went off on one for 5mins about her ex-Boyfriend. He had the temerity to have to go overseas on their "6-month anniversary" (is that a thing, now?!) of getting together. Feeling uncomfortable, I nodded and gave a hmmm and a nod. Cue full-psycho meltdown.

She'd ordered him to come back from some job interview in Copenhagen/Prague/****-Knows because she had told her Parents that they were coming over for dinner.
"Did you ask him if it was OK before arranging it?"
"No. But we had been together 6 months. He should have been there."

By now, I was starting to get scared by the glazed look in her eyes.

"So, did he leave you or something? Cheated?"

No.

When the ex-Boyfriend didn't come home as ordered, she laughed at telling me how she ransacked his flat and sent his (and his Daughter's) 12 year old Dog to the Council Kennels as revenge.

I went to the toilet and legged it out of the window. ****ing psychopath who can do that to a Dog is beyond redemption. Last I read, in the local press, she had a restraining order placed against her for further damage to the ex-Boyfriend's property and stalking/threats against the Daughter outside her school :P

Is this the modern, vindictive thing that Women have become? After that experience, I'd be happy with another 4 years of being single, thanks!

wolf359

Post by wolf359 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:57 pm

Been completely alone for 8 years, and I think anyone is mad to even sign up for one of those sites

Tenbury

Post by Tenbury » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:36 pm

Dave,
That's not normal. Except in Hereford.

WHU Independent

Post by WHU Independent » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:14 am

Blimey I've got a date off of a site! It's sorta set up fpr Saturday. I'll let you all know how it goes :)

Wolfie: Although I've printed some nightmare stories about dating sites - and the worse is yet to come: I'm working up the courage to write about it! - I have had some good times and one lead to a very long and enjoyable relationship, which although finished, was a lovely time in my life.

Give it a go, don't have any expectations and if it all goes totally wonkey you can always write about it here. Win/win :)

S-H

Post by S-H » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:51 am

AnthraxDave wrote:Is this the modern, vindictive thing that Women have become? After that experience, I'd be happy with another 4 years of being single, thanks!
Pussy.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow

Post by PF. » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:32 am

Met a bird on the old aol chat rooms back when they were popular. She was a motorbike model from Worcester. Proper sort.

Got the train there on a Friday, had a smoke and spent the night. I woke up early doors and she was sitting over me smiling. She said: “He really likes you.” “Who?”, I replied. “Steve, my guardian angel. He’s sitting on the bed next to you stroking your hair.”

She then walked off to the bathroom and I still remember her perfectly formed arse and long blonde hair as she walked across the bedroom. Being a very young man, I didn’t know how to handle her last comment, so I decided to leg it. Ran out of the flat half naked, through the town centre (nice place, Worcester) and back on to the train to London.

Shame, really. The me of a few years later would have handled that very differently. I’d have gone full Derek Acora on her and suggested we unite our spirits guides through ritual acts of sodomy.

S-H

Post by S-H » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:42 am

"He really likes you, did you feel where he put his finger last night?"

orbital

Post by orbital » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:39 am

WHU Independent wrote: Although I've printed some nightmare stories about dating sites - and the worse is yet to come: I'm working up the courage to write about it! -
Come on, don't leave us hanging!!??

Samba

Post by Samba » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:55 am

AnthraxDave wrote:By now, I was starting to get scared by the glazed look in her eyes.
"So, did he leave you or something? Cheated?"
No.
When the ex-Boyfriend didn't come home as ordered, she laughed at telling me how she ransacked his flat and sent his (and his Daughter's) 12 year old Dog to the Council Kennels as revenge.
I went to the toilet and legged it out of the window. ****ing psychopath who can do that to a Dog is beyond redemption. Last I read, in the local press, she had a restraining order placed against her for further damage to the ex-Boyfriend's property and stalking/threats against the Daughter outside her school :P
Is this the modern, vindictive thing that Women have become? After that experience, I'd be happy with another 4 years of being single, thanks!
I could be way out on this but I suspect she may have had some 'baggage'...

Samba

Post by Samba » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:00 pm

WHU Independent wrote:Blimey I've got a date off of a site! It's sorta set up for Saturday. I'll let you all know how it goes :)
Wear your running shoes just in case she likes Barnsley FC & guitars..

I'll be honest, this thread is putting the fear of god, up me..

Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Samba wrote:I'll be honest, this thread is putting the fear of god, up me..
Hey, at least you're seeing some action ! :lol:

Samba

Post by Samba » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Samba wrote:I'll be honest, this thread is putting the fear of god, up me..
Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Hey, at least you're seeing some action ! :lol:
I can't say it's welcome, though..

mushy

Post by mushy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:41 pm

WHU Independent wrote:Blimey I've got a date off of a site! It's sorta set up fpr Saturday. I'll let you all know how it goes :)
)
Can I come?

WHU Independent

Post by WHU Independent » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:19 pm

WHU Independent wrote:Blimey I've got a date off of a site! It's sorta set up fpr Saturday. I'll let you all know how it goes :)

Can I come?
I'm afraid it's off now Mushy. She used the old illness card.

Oh well - at least I get to see the Hammers play. Every silver cloud and all that :)

ToiletDuck

Post by ToiletDuck » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:20 pm

For some reason my hotmail email isnt recognised by the telegrapgh site

Any decent sites?

Met my ex in pof, and not to positive about going back on it

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:31 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the ever fragrant Mrs Monkeybubbles is the only thing keeping me from being that feller in slippers, tracky bottoms and a balti-stained vest shouting at buses, and frankly I resent her for it.

There's a webcam in my lounge isn't there ?? :shock:

Well , apart from the trackie-bottoms bit , I wear shorts in the summer .

And Cuenca - :lol: