Have you been petty lately?

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

WHU Independent

Have you been petty lately?

Post by WHU Independent » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:57 pm

I'm not really a petty person, but I can be prone to it given certain situation, such as today.

I was in Lidel doing a big shop. I had a ton of stuff and a bloke rocked up behind me with two packets of biscuits and a bottle of plonk. Usually, I'd offer to let the guy go before me, but as I noticed he had a Man United badge on his track suit, I made him wait till I got served. The petty hammer got me right there.

You?

jastons

Re: Have you been petty lately?

Post by jastons » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:11 pm

WHU Independent wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:57 pm
I was in Lidel doing a big shop.
Lidl.

Is that petty? :wink:

-DL-
Match thread guru

Post by -DL- » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Bloke got on my bus a few weeks ago, and tried to pay for a £2.90 fare with a £20 note. Although I could have changed it up, I'd only just started and didn't want to clear myself out of change, so said he'll have to pay contactless or with the right money.

"I don't have contactless, and this note is all I have and I need to get to work"

"Sorry mate, you can't travel, maybe the bus behind might be able to change it up"

He was actually alright as it goes, and I don't think he was the usual type that get on and try to pay for a low fare with a large denomination note - and usually, I'd say get on and come up to me in a bit to see if I've got change.

In fact what I would have done if he wasn't wearing a Spurs beanie, but **** him. Get wet, cold and be late for work and wait for the bus behind you spud ****.

There have been other times I've not been particularly accommodating when I see what team people support in the past too. Remember deliberately over charging a Chelsea fan when I had the business. Lairy prick he was, so added a score on to his bill as compensation for having to listen to his Chelsea orientated ramblings, even though he'd never been to see them play.

FreeWheeling

Post by FreeWheeling » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:25 pm

WHU Independent wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:57 pm
I'm not really a petty person, but I can be prone to it given certain situation, such as today.

I was in Lidel doing a big shop. I had a ton of stuff and a bloke rocked up behind me with two packets of biscuits and a bottle of plonk. Usually, I'd offer to let the guy go before me, but as I noticed he had a Man United badge on his track suit, I made him wait till I got served. The petty hammer got me right there.

You?
well within your rights, not only is the grown man in a tracksuit but it sports a Manc badge

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:34 pm

-DL- wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:20 pm
Bloke got on my bus a few weeks ago, and tried to pay for a £2.90 fare with a £20 note. Although I could have changed it up, I'd only just started and didn't want to clear myself out of change, so said he'll have to pay contactless or with the right money.

"I don't have contactless, and this note is all I have and I need to get to work"

"Sorry mate, you can't travel, maybe the bus behind might be able to change it up"

He was actually alright as it goes, and I don't think he was the usual type that get on and try to pay for a low fare with a large denomination note - and usually, I'd say get on and come up to me in a bit to see if I've got change.

In fact what I would have done if he wasn't wearing a Spurs beanie, but **** him. Get wet, cold and be late for work and wait for the bus behind you spud ****.

Arriva and Stagecoach would have allowed the passenger to travel and pay later . :)

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/tees ... a-11438486

-DL-
Match thread guru

Post by -DL- » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:46 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:34 pm
Arriva and Stagecoach would have allowed the passenger to travel and pay later

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/tees ... a-11438486
This Arriva bloke didn't :hush:
Besides, each area has it's own rules. We don't have to let travel if they offer to pay with a £20 note - and there's notices in the busses too stating that. :thup:

jastons

Post by jastons » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:22 pm

First Bus, in Glasgow at least, don't give any change at all!

Contactless Bank cards and the mobile ticket app are a godsend.

cambridge hammer

Post by cambridge hammer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:54 pm

Changed my current account of 20 odd years from Santander to R B S because of Santander using Ant and Dec in their advertising campaigns. Yes I know R B S are probably worse but them two piss me off big time. So in that respect ,I am petty.

Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:10 pm

Not so much lately, but for a very long time now, I will not watch anything that James Corden is involved in.

A while back, Myself and The Lovely Ms. Eggs went to the cinema. We were watching the trailers for the upcoming films and one came on (can't remember what) and I thought to myself- " I really fancy this"

Then, without notice, it cuts to a bit with him in it, to which The Lovely Ms. Eggs turns to me and says- "We're not going to see this, are we"

Just can't bear the bloke.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:20 pm

-DL- wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:46 pm
This Arriva bloke didn't :hush:
Besides, each area has it's own rules. We don't have to let travel if they offer to pay with a £20 note - and there's notices in the busses too stating that. :thup:
I'll remember to bring a rucksack full of change next time I come down . :D

I remember travelling up from Glasgow one day , I'd been to Gourock on Union business , by the time we got to Glencoe the bus was totally full , there must have been 12 people waiting to get on at the road-end from the Kinghouse Hotel [ middle of nowhere ] , I thought the driver would pick them up and they'd have to stand , he didn't even stop to explain the situation just went sailing past them , poor things .

davids cross

Post by davids cross » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:44 am

Note to self.

Stop skim reading you dopey old pillock.

Have you been pretty lately ?

My first thought...."what's this gonna be about....Has WHUI been drinking ?"....Pretty" ???

Petty is not a word that gets used much when you think about...........that's my defence anyway.... :lol:

My initial vision ^^^...This fella trying to look petty..... :D

vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:42 am

Didn't know you were mates with GCRO

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:49 am

davids cross wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:44 am
My initial vision ^^^...This fella trying to look petty..... :D

Brazenly showing off his pussy .

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:25 pm

I was asked to install some printer drivers locally onto 5 PC's last week. I done the first 4 no problem. When I came to the last one, a bloke was using the PC and asked if I needed access to his computer, I replied yes please, and he responded with "you'll be waiting a while pal " ( with a soppy smirk on his face),To which I the replied "I won't because I'm off now" and I packed up my stuff and left. He knew full well I needed access but was showing off to the rest of his office.

FreeWheeling

Post by FreeWheeling » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Ah one of those
when he said "you'll be waiting a while pal "
my response would be "not as long as you will be waiting for those printer drivers"

Or the alternative (I have done this)
use SCCM remote, lock remote keyboard and mouse
take control of the machine

V-M

Post by V-M » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:36 am

FreeWheeling wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:42 pm
Ah one of those
when he said "you'll be waiting a while pal "
my response would be "not as long as you will be waiting for those printer drivers"

Or the alternative (I have done this)
use SCCM remote, lock remote keyboard and mouse
take control of the machine
If they have SCCM then package up the drivers and deploy them remotely!

OFT

Post by OFT » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 am

davids cross wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:44 am
Note to self.

Stop skim reading you dopey old pillock.
:lol: Me too.

As an aside, is that person(ooo, I'm so on message) The UK entry for next years Eurovision ?

davids cross

Post by davids cross » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:23 am

OFT wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 am
As an aside, is that person(ooo, I'm so on message) The UK entry for next years Eurovision ?
I've no idea but I'd vote for him like a shot.

Mark me down OFTers....you are keeping score from now on..........one vote for him ....Image

FreeWheeling

Post by FreeWheeling » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:40 am

V-M wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:36 am
If they have SCCM then package up the drivers and deploy them remotely!
But you don't get to annoy people that way

sendô

Post by sendô » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:23 am

-DL- wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:20 pm
Would you have changed a fiver up?