West Ham Utd 0 Tottenham 2 (08/12/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

tugboatpete

Re: West Ham United vs T*ttenham: match thread

Post by tugboatpete »

couldnt agree more faubert actually played well and we took him off why did we start with mullins and parker where is the creative spark for ****'s sake- i could go on and mention tristan got 6 minutes?????????????

it is mind bogling -noble on the right wing/?

the sub required was collison / noble-any fkin one instead of mullins
tottenham came here and fancied this against a very poor side
as far as a fire sell is concerned in january apart from behrami who they gonna buy?????????????????
belamy spends more time arguing than playing and to be fair to cole who has his limitations the service he gets is terrible

TOTALLY ****ed OFF AND I F YOU WANT A TRANSLATER I AM YOUR MAN
f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** THAT WAS SO FKIN POOR
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

Thought we played ok in the first half, didnt really look like they was going to get a chance until Faubert came off. LBM should have came on and Behrami should have moved to the right, if Zola did that im pretty sure we wouldnt have lost but i dont think we would have won though. I just cant see where the goals are going to come from...looks a bit doom and gloom at the moment but cheer up guys we've got Chelsea next week! :D
Dev's Hampton

Post by Dev's Hampton »

Lets be honest, Zola has pretty much got what he inherited ab between hin & Clarky they have obviously worked hard at defending because that is where we needed to be so much better. After that we have got back to trying to pass much more and it has improved a hell of a lot given who we have available. It not really GZ fault that all of our front players are way below what is required in the Prem! That clearly will not change this season - more likely top get worse - so we just have to hope for 3 worse teams than us I fear! I thought we basically did ok today given who we have, never looked like scoring and not surprised they did even if I think our back 5 are our best players.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2405 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

We have absolutely f*** all creativity in midfield hence why Bellamy is running all over the pitch like a headless chicken and shooting from anywhere. He's trying to do it all himself.
We looked a better side going forward earlier in the season when Matty was in the team...I laughed out loud as I typed that :lol:

Edit: If one more person says Faubert played well, I am going to smash my laptop over my girlfriend's head....and she's asleep.
Last edited by Morocco Mole on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

Romford_Iron wrote:Thought we played ok in the first half, didnt really look like they was going to get a chance until Faubert came off. LBM should have came on and Behrami should have moved to the right, if Zola did that im pretty sure we wouldnt have lost but i dont think we would have won though. I just cant see where the goals are going to come from...looks a bit doom and gloom at the moment but cheer up guys we've got Chelsea next week! :D
Chelsea no chance :(
Scrambled Egg
Complete tit

Post by Scrambled Egg »

Green(6) - No difficult saves to make. Maybe could have stopped both goals as he was very close. No blame though.

Neill(7) - Nothing came down his flank after the 1st minute. Caught upfield for the 2nd, but the damage was done before.
Collins(3) - Dross. Looked ridiculous and played rubbish too. Oh for Tomka!
Upson(9) - No problems for Matty, a class above everyone else on the pitch. Man of the Match by a mile.
Ilunga(2) - Here's an idea. Don't use your hands, don't call us second rate and don't be useless!

Faubert(0) - Worst player I have ever seen. Curbishley signed this clown. Remember that! Not Nani! Curbishley!
Parker(4) - Grow some balls and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Don't just sit there and wait you idiot!
Mullins(5) - Shouldn't be playing in home matches we can win. Anfield away? Yes. Tottenham at home? No.
Behrami (7) - Worked his socks off, but ultimately he has no technique or passing ability.

Bellamy(0) - Oh dear. Another Curbs master stroke! He is rubbish! Composure of a lobster.
Cole(7) - Played alright. Bullied King all night and could have won us a penalty and set up an equaliser.

Noble(6) - Out of position on the right, out of position holding and ended up at right back. Wasted by Zola.
DDM(0) - Another piece of dross keeping Sears, Reid and Stanislas out of the team!
Tristan(0) - Fat man didn't touch it once. Reminds me of Jon Parkin, but worse.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

What a disapointment. I can honestly say half them players looked like they didnt even wana be on the pitch. Im very surprised to come on here and see people defending Faubert. He was ****! The worst player on the pitch, gave the ball away 9 times out of 10 and when we were defending i didnt see him put in one challenge. Didnt look like he gave a ****.

Nobody was particularly bad apart from that, we just lacked energy and creativity. Gave them so much time on the ball as well, as where they chased us all game.

Such a shame because that is the best i have seen our support for a while!!! We are west hams claret and blue army in the second half was brilliant.

That team couldnt have asked for any more support, in return we got a team that looked like it just didnt realise they were in a london derby.

I gave up when we had that corner and DDM would rather have done his shoe lace up than actually watch the ball :thdn:
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Just got back. When the teams were read out I thought we were lacking in about 4 positions. No creativity. We are going to be lucky to survive this season. I thought we were pathetic and if I was the manager I would drop Bellamy for not trying hard enough.
one mcavennie

Good atmosphere tonight

Post by one mcavennie »

I know it was better becuase who we were playing and thta, but a bit more of that please. Was top quality for most of the game
shaunieboy

Post by shaunieboy »

derek zoolander wrote:.

I gave up when we had that corner and DDM would rather have done his shoe lace up than actually watch the ball :thdn:
Yep , why didn't he have a cigarette and a nice cup of coffee too while he was there, the **** :lol:
I am law

Post by I am law »

Very poor display.

Atmosphere - decent until the 2nd half; 3/4 empty by final whistle.

Tactics - We gave them the midfield, by playing Mullins and Parker together. Bringing on Noble for Faubert was a dumb move, to say the least. Di Michele FFS!

Defence - probably the only sense of stability left at the club these days. Still conceded twice.

Midfield - see above, but no spark for practically the entire game.

Attack - If you can't say anything good...

Conclusion - Rubbish! Hardly any goal threat at all. If only the season ended today.

The Future - Grim.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

I'm thoroughly depressed. First half thought we passed it around a bit and felt sure it would come second half. Utterly gutted. We don't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. Can Faubert actually beat a man? I've given him the benefit of the doubt up to now but I'm running out of patience. Can we prize Etherington out of the bookies? I know Ashton has his critics but we are crying out for him at the moment. Think it's time for Sears to have another go as well. We are wasting our time with the Di Michelles and Tristans of this world. I am reminded of the time we had Mike Newell up front and he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a musket.
Oh and it's Chelsea next... :cry:
derek zoolander

Re: Good atmosphere tonight

Post by derek zoolander »

Yep it certainly was. Centenary lower / west stand corner of that side outsung tottenham all game. Like i said in the match thread, we are west hams claret and blue army in the second half was brilliant.

Shame we didnt av a team that cared as much.

On that note as well. How quiet were Tottenham!!!! **** fans.
whufc4life

Post by whufc4life »

Scrambled Egg wrote:Green(6) - No difficult saves to make. Maybe could have stopped both goals as he was very close. No blame though.

Neill(7) - Nothing came down his flank after the 1st minute. Caught upfield for the 2nd, but the damage was done before.
Collins(3) - Dross. Looked ridiculous and played rubbish too. Oh for Tomka!
Upson(9) - No problems for Matty, a class above everyone else on the pitch. Man of the Match by a mile.
Ilunga(2) - Here's an idea. Don't use your hands, don't call us second rate and don't be useless!

Faubert(0) - Worst player I have ever seen. Curbishley signed this clown. Remember that! Not Nani! Curbishley!
Parker(4) - Grow some balls and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Don't just sit there and wait you idiot!
Mullins(5) - Shouldn't be playing in home matches we can win. Anfield away? Yes. T*ttenham at home? No.
Behrami (7) - Worked his socks off, but ultimately he has no technique or passing ability.

Bellamy(0) - Oh dear. Another Curbs master stroke! He is rubbish! Composure of a lobster.
Cole(7) - Played alright. Bullied King all night and could have won us a penalty and set up an equaliser.

Noble(6) - Out of position on the right, out of position holding and ended up at right back. Wasted by Zola.
DDM(0) - Another piece of dross keeping Sears, Reid and Stanislas out of the team!
Tristan(0) - Fat man didn't touch it once. Reminds me of Jon Parkin, but worse.
I didnt think the back 4 were too bad? I certainly wouldnt give Collins a 3. Thing is Collins and Upson strength come from winning the ball in the air and Tottenham played most their football along the ground which highlights Collins and Upsons weakness as they both lack pace. It was the worst performance by our midfield under Zola to date though, even Behrami struggled tonight i thought.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

****ing gutless

****ing clueless

****ing flat

****ing wouldn't have a chance of scoring in a brothel

Mullins = ****

Cole = ****

Faubert = ****ed with no confidence

Even Ilunga looked poor

f*** knows what's wrong with Bellamy...

Collison, Sears and Noble in please Mr Zola

Taking our best plater, Parker, off was a ****ing idiotic thing to do as well. :thdn:
Andy

Post by Andy »

Here's my marks out of 10:
Green(3) - the closest he got to both goals was picking the ball out of the net. ****ing useless on both. the header took hours to go in and the shot was from about 25 yards ffs. He could have saved both. England's number one my arse.

Neill(2) - useless fat arsed ****er. how many times did he nearly lose the ball just outside the box? trying to go forward he might as well have just kicked it into touch for all the good it did.
Collins(4) - about 4 good headers. but where was he for both goals? they both came from where he should have been
Upson(? ) - he will be gone in January. the only player to put himself in the shop window tonight. he wont want to be knocking on the door of a regular England place and playing with this failing team
Ilunga(1) - who rated him? if he had any idea about positioning and chasing players down he would be dangerous. as it is he couldnt stop traffic.

Faubert(0) - ****. no pace, no idea, no crosses, no tackles. What is he doing there?
Parker(4) - the goals are forward, not sideways Scott. sure, win a tackle, but move the game forward
Mullins(3) - two good tackles, then went off the boil totally. back to looking very championship
Behrami (5) - Running about a lot doesnt mean you can influence or win games.

Bellamy(0) - He is just not a forward. Cant hit a cows arse with a guided missile. Useless.
Cole(4) - One weak shot on goal in 93 minutes? from a centre forward? Are you ****ing joking? You did see Peter Crouch's goal last night didnt you? SHOOT you ****.

Noble(6) - Contributed nothing. I would have at least wanted Nobes to go hell for leather and get booked but he never got near anyone.
Di Michele (0) - total ****.
Tristan(0) - Didn't touch the ball. Send him home in a suitcase with his arms and legs sawn off. ****ing 'consider your options' before joining us mate.
I am law

Post by I am law »

delbert wrote:
2. Shimmied his way past three spurts players only to get tackled by Faubert.
:lol:
This serves to sum up our season
Topbre_22

Post by Topbre_22 »

I also thought Carlton Cole did ok today, the problem is that our midfield dont seem to be supporting our strikers. Faubert has pace to burn but never seems to be in the last 3rd. Our CM rarely crossed the halfway line.
With big carlton up front we should be getting balls into the box. Can only remember a couple of crosses from us the whole game.
We're not scoring goals but little seems to be done by our midfield to create or make runs to support them. :cry:
giblet
Has liked: 1 like

Post by giblet »

Romford_Iron wrote: LBM should have came on and Behrami should have moved to the right
I was hoping that'd be the starting line-up.
westhamerica
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Just got back. When the teams were read out I thought we were lacking in about 4 positions. No creativity. We are going to be lucky to survive this season. I thought we were pathetic and if I was the manager I would drop Bellamy for not trying hard enough.
Today's match is the first I've missed in two years. Looking at before today and this thread, it sure seems like Cole's the one out for a jog. Especially since he's been back from suspension.