West Ham Utd 0 Blackburn 0 (30/01/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Muddy
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Re: West Ham vs Blackburn match thread

Post by Muddy »

jollyjohnny100 wrote:yes not ideal today but another point , a win is imminent next week then people will say thats a good run we are on 3 draws and a win .
Keep the faith and the inquest behind Zola & Clarke should stay till the end of the season
We ned to remain positive and stick together

Come on you Irons
Unless our new signing makes an impact i doubt we'll win. We couldn't beat pompey, that says alot about our current situation.
Stoeff.at

Post by Stoeff.at »

i am waiting for the day zola admits we had a **** game and his face looks like a monkeys.
jollyjohnny100

Post by jollyjohnny100 »

Muddy

CHIN UP SON :raver:
Muddy
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Muddy »

jollyjohnny100 wrote:Muddy

CHIN UP SON :raver:
lol i'll try i'll try. I'm a pessimistic sod, that way i don't get too disapointed often.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1994 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

8 million ??? 80 million would help...as they say in the states..We are more than ONE player away from being a very good team..

Green..good job Jason Roberts is *****
Faubert ..played pretty well early doors but faded badly
Spector..did really well, more so considering he has NO left foot
Upson..decent but leaving Tomkins to play Roberts later on was asking for trouble...
Tomkins...solid, getting better each week
Noble..was VERY good early doors, Parker coming on neither seemed to know who was supposed to play where
Kovac...worst game of the last 3
Behrami..huff and puff no end product looks like he's already moved on
Collison..some god early stuff but appears to fade around 60 minutes every game
Diamante..frustrating as fukc..brilliant one minute, gash the other 89
Nouble...not his best but stuff me, asking the kid to hold the line 3 weeks running was a Bridge too Terry

Cole..obviously needs more game time after the lay off
Parker..see the comments above re Noble, although put one great ball across no one to capitalise then his great run and piss poor first touch took care of a goal threat...

The service to the front men, whoever they are is slow and pedestrian as to be almost non existent...playing against a team who are already behind the ball, you need to play quicker and have your midfield players join the attack quicker..something that has been the bone of contention on here for over a year...4-5--------------1 won't won't against teams who sit behind the ball. Look at what we did against Villa, packed men back and made them try to break us down. So it isn't rocket science...playing the ball back to Green who hoofs it up to Nouble didn't work with Colin up top and certainly won't work with an 18 year old in the same position..

However, in Fonzie's defense, we ain't got anyone to actually play any other way. Ergo, Gullivan telling us something that we already knew..we have TOO many midfield players....When we need to find a creative midfield player, we signed, Parker, LBM, and Dyer..The latter might have been a solution but most of us on here (I would imagine) thought it was a gamble that was never going to pay off. A broken leg wasn't obviously foreseen, but the fact that it has been 2 years now and he still cannot play more than 20 minutes a months tells us the gamble sadly backfired.....and hindsight isn't 20/20 in this case, as a predictable injury seemed the most likely...As hard as his plays, Parker will never make a full season, which with the squad as it is, doesn't help our case...Gabbidon won't play more than 1 consecutive game, a creative player is what we have been and still crying out for since Yossi left.....no one to break down tight defenses men behind the ball teams which right now is about 50-60% of the Premier League. Until you address that problem, we will eternally struggle...quite how a striker could bag enough goals to lift us to safety with the lack of imagination and personnel here, I have no idea..

Headbanger
m-h

Post by m-h »

Don't panic !!. When we are renamed West Ham Olympic and move into our new ground at Stratford, the atmoshpere will be brilliant and the pitch will be so wide, that when the subs are warming up on the running track to avoid hamstring injuries, they can act as wingers. :)
COYI

Post by COYI »

Thinking about it, I'd be pretty annoyed if I was a Blackburn fan, They hit the bar, had a chance cleared off the line, and Roberts should have scored.

I was excited for the game and afterwards was annoyed only to get a point, especially after Portsmouth. We can take the positives of a clean sheet, unbeaten in 3 and a place higher in the league but I was just hoping for more.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Diamanti is not a winger he's a attacking midfielder.

Behrami is not a winger he is your ball winner.

We have no wingers Stanislas still needs to improve.
Chuck Wow

Post by Chuck Wow »

The ball seems to get to midfield and then we stop and let them get men behind the ball again. Dont think it would make much difference what strikers we've got at the mo, they wouldn't get any service anyway. I thought Diamanti was ok, alot better than some and at least he has a go rather than the (too many) little half passes around the box...... ' you have a go'....... ' no you have a go'.... 'no you..... and who else have we got that can deliver a decent corner consistently. Our central midfield and defenders desperately need some pace to feed on the wings, that in turn will give more space to the strikers by drawing their defenders allowing for through balls down the middle too.
F**k, its frustrating to watch sometimes.
jollyjohnny100

Post by jollyjohnny100 »

Burnley one nil down :thup:
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

I thought Boa-Morte was expected back this month? Has there been an update on him that I missed?
m-h

Post by m-h »

[quote="Cuenca 'ammer"]8 million ??? 80 million would help...as they say in the states..We are more than ONE player away from being a very good team..

Ouston, the problem is you can't even put it down to rebuilding the team. When Gollivan said Brum were a better team i didn't believe it, because on paper talent wise we are far better. But the thing that sticks in my mind is Team, when you look at Brum they all seem to believe. Does winning breed confidence sure, but there just seems to be something missing at the moment and i can't, in 30 plus years of supporting remember having that feeling.
Last edited by m-h on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mooro1984

Post by mooro1984 »

We played into Blackburns hands today, we tried to do what they do but the problem is they are better than us at playing football that way!
Our midfield lacked creativity that you need to break the blackburns of this world down, collison isn't a left midfielder and it's hampering his development keep playing him out there, diamanti isn't a right winger and it's showing! To his credit noble tried to get on the ball and play but he could only go sideways or backwards, faubert was our best player today and think he is improving!
Tactically we were ****, why Green has to smash the ball 70 yards to Nouble who is bieng marked by Samba and Nelson I couldn't answer!
We desperatly needed width today and was dissapointed not to see Jnr get some minutes, was a massive chance for us to pull away a bit today but we've missed it and tbh were lucky to get a point!!
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Completely pointless post... but I just wanted to say..

I reserve the word 'c___' for a select few... Sam Allardyce is one of them, along with Harry Redknapp and Paul McCartney.

That's all
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

jollyjohnny100 wrote:Burnley one nil down :thup:
That sums it up really.

We are sweating on the others being even more crap than we are.
m-h

Post by m-h »

basis a point a game will 36 be enough.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

on a plus all the results around us ended perfectly :thup:
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

If only.... wrote: That sums it up really.

We are sweating on the others being even more crap than we are.
In however long I've supported West Ham, I can't remember it ever being any other way?

What is wrong with some people :lol:
jollyjohnny100

Post by jollyjohnny100 »

not sweating on others being worse we will be fine but as Tesco say

Every little helps
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

screech wrote:on a plus all the results around us ended perfectly :thup:
Yep, actually a good day for us overall. :thup: