West Ham Utd 1 Man City 1 (09/05/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Re: Manchester City Match Thread

Post by Puff Daddy »

I know we are hopeless, but FWIT, I think we might get something out of this match, albeit, perhaps no more than a draw. This will be Zola's last stand and I think he will try and get us a result so he can sign off with a win, and leave with his head held high.I therefore, think we might see quite a decent performance from the players next sunday. Downside to this, of course, will be the usual bragging rights from the players, saying things like, "we did that for the boss", "that performance was for him", "he has our backing", that performance prooves that we still have the spirit in the camp" "we want him to stay" etc,etc. I just hope that Gollivan refuse to be swayed by it all and look at the season as a whole. Mind you, if they do tonk us, then one of this will happen anyway
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Puff Daddy wrote:I know we are hopeless, but FWIT, I think we might get something out of this match, albeit, perhaps no more than a draw. This will be Zola's last stand and I think he will try and get us a result so he can sign off with a win, and leave with his head held high.I therefore, think we might see quite a decent performance from the players next sunday. Downside to this, of course, will be the usual bragging rights from the players, saying things like, "we did that for the boss", "that performance was for him", "he has our backing", that performance prooves that we still have the spirit in the camp" "we want him to stay" etc,etc. I just hope that Gollivan refuse to be swayed by it all and look at the season as a whole. Mind you, if they do tonk us, then one of this will happen anyway
If i could have anythign in the Wordl, it'd be having 10 seconds inside that little head of yours... :lol:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Nothing will happen.

It will be more awfuller than Fulham. Everything was going our way with the build up to the Fulham match and we should have won it - but in true West Ham ways.......we blew it!

It will be interesting to see what dismal record we can smash this weekend.

Actually it doesn't really matter - I don't really give a flying feck anymore.........
jam

Post by jam »

I will cheer Tevez hold my head in my hands while Bellamy gets the first goal cheer when Cole nods the equaliser and go mental when the Diamond scores from a free kick in the 90th min walk back to the station wondering how England will do in SA then worry about next season in the Prem!

:wink:
chelmsford-iron

Post by chelmsford-iron »

Sadly I traded in my season ticket for this one. Didnt want to sit through a thumping to finish off what has been a dreadful season. Will end my season with the last upbeat note (beating Wigan)...and see if I can convince myself to renew my season ticket in coming weeks :(
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Evening All.

I should start by saying I'm pleased that we won't be responsible for relegating you should we run out as winners. I'd have taken no pleasure out of it whatsoever and subsequently kept my head down for the rest of my time in EAST EAST EAST LONDON seeing as I'm surrounded by Hammers! Largely a good bunch, too. Largely.

Life has been kind enough to allow me to attend a few non-City Matches this season and I've taken in West Ham - Villa (great Match), West Ham - Pompey (good Match - I met Mr Portsmouth in The Central beforehand) and West Ham - Blackburn (yawntastic). Sadly, I won't be in attendance on Sunday because it sold out before the tickets went on sale to my level of Membership! Perhaps I was fortunate enough to only see reasonable performances because your finish this season has surprised me. I never thought it would a classic time for West Ham - but I expected 12th / 13th for you. Either way, you've got through it but I wouldn't want to see that happen to my Club. Instinct says Zola is the wrong man for the job and Gold / Sullivan will emulate many new Owners by appointing their own man. That man is Mark Hughes, IMHO. Good in the transfer market, good at making you difficult to beat and good at dealing with the day to day management. Potentially solid spine at West Ham btw. Green in Goal, Upson at Centre Half, Parker in Midfield and Cole up front. English too.

I guess I don't have to do too much catch up with what's going on at City as we're in the bloody Papers all the time. Hughes' sacking disappointed me more than most have because they gave him so much investment and opportunity to continue when he could've gone 6 months after he came in or in the Summer he failed to secure the spot in Europe again - but we were far too ruthless with his dismissal. It's confirmed that the decision was made after the 3-0 defeat at ***** Hart Lane yet he took charge for the following Match at Home to Sunderland (4-3 win) and he was then sacked! I wanted to punch our Chief Exec in the face at the Press Conference to intoduce the fancy man from Italy. And he's done alright results wise. His record at Inter involved being handed a Serie A following Juve's demotion and inheriting a solid Team. He did nothing in Europe with them, either. Whether he can surpass himself at Manchester City is yet to be seen. I'm agnostic on it. We don't give anyone the time they need so I'm hardly sleeping with Mancini's picture under my pillow. The only new players we have are Vieira (not new to anyone who likes Football) and Adam Johnson. The latter being a brilliant little talent out on the wings. Big future. POTS is Carlos Tevez. He had a slow start but has been a Goal machine. Partly due to the turbulent season that Adebayor has had but partly because he just seems to love what he does. No introductions needed to West Ham Fans. Honourable mentions also go to Bellamy (sorry) and Kompany.

Can't believe the season is ending so soon. Let's all hope for a good Match and a fair result.

City 2-0.

:P
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Shop/Mens/Replica ... -ADULT-SKY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know what I'm wearing to the game. Getting Tevez on the back as well...
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1594 likes

Post by alf git »

If we don't get smashed all over the East End in this, I will be truly amazed. :lol:
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

anyone else now we are safe prepared to lose heavily to seal zolas departure??
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

btajim - mcfc wrote:

I won't be in attendance on Sunday because it sold out before the tickets went on sale to my level of Membership! Perhaps I was fortunate enough to only see reasonable performances because your finish this season has surprised me.
anyone i've ever met who supported West Ham who lived within 20 miles of Maine road and we had to win to get into the intoto cup
would have blagged thier way in to see it ,let alone the champions league. come on get in there you soft northern bar*****d.
WHamZam

Post by WHamZam »

As this is a pretty meaningless match, I`d like to see Zola, for once, experiment by picking a logical team consisting of the best available players for the 11 positions that need filling. For me that would be something like this:

GK: Green
RB: Spector
LB: Daprela
CB: Da Costa
CB: Upson
RM: Faubert
LM: Boa Morte
CM: Parker
CM: Noble
ST: Cole
ST: Diamanti (!!!)
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

w6hammer wrote:anyone else now we are safe prepared to lose heavily to seal zolas departure??
Definitely! :thup:

(Reckon City will smash us all over the park 4 or 5 nil, even if Green is on top form)
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

w6hammer wrote:anyone else now we are safe prepared to lose heavily to seal zolas departure??
considering the players love him, they wouldn't do that to him.
Av it

Post by Av it »

With you on that one brother.
DagenhamHammer

Post by DagenhamHammer »

jim ...

time your arrival with the supporters coaches ... lay on the northern accent a bit thick ... and blag that you left your ticket at home ;)
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

taffhammer wrote:anyone i've ever met who supported West Ham who lived within 20 miles of Maine road and we had to win to get into the intoto cup would have blagged thier way in to see it ,let alone the champions league. come on get in there you soft northern bar*****d.
I'm surprised I haven't been bombarded with spare ticket offers like I was when I last mentioned wanting to go to a Hammers Match this season. Nudges, winks, offers of a two Match special. I didn't realise every KUMBer sold fruit and veg at a Market Stall in the East End.

The importance of Sunday to both ourselves and Tottenham will be dependant on the clash tonight. I think it'll almost definitely settle 4th. If we win then we can secure 4th at UP with another win - but anything less and the money has got to be on Tottenham. They've been there or thereabouts all season.

Interesting points above with reference to a heavy defeat being the final nail in the Zola Coffin. As I may have said before, I admired the opportunity given to a young up and coming Manager looking for his chance to prove himself in the League that made him as a Player - but he was an odd choice and certainly wrong to follow an experienced act like Curbishley. If the spine of your side is Green, Upson, Parker and Cole then I strongly think I'm right in saying that all 4 were signed by Pardew or Curbishley. Who would Zola have brought in?
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Tevez and Bellamy will rip our back four a new ****hole given the 'defending' they have been exhibiting this season.
If we come out of it having only had three put past us we're lucky.
:lol:
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

If I get a text stating Spector is playing I'll probaby stay in the pub.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

btajim - mcfc wrote:Evening All.

I should start by saying I'm pleased that we won't be responsible for relegating you should we run out as winners. I'd have taken no pleasure out of it whatsoever and subsequently kept my head down for the rest of my time in EAST EAST EAST LONDON seeing as I'm surrounded by Hammers! Largely a good bunch, too. Largely.

Life has been kind enough to allow me to attend a few non-City Matches this season and I've taken in West Ham - Villa (great Match), West Ham - Pompey (good Match - I met Mr Portsmouth in The Central beforehand) and West Ham - Blackburn (yawntastic). Sadly, I won't be in attendance on Sunday because it sold out before the tickets went on sale to my level of Membership! Perhaps I was fortunate enough to only see reasonable performances because your finish this season has surprised me. I never thought it would a classic time for West Ham - but I expected 12th / 13th for you. Either way, you've got through it but I wouldn't want to see that happen to my Club. Instinct says Zola is the wrong man for the job and Gold / Sullivan will emulate many new Owners by appointing their own man. That man is Mark Hughes, IMHO. Good in the transfer market, good at making you difficult to beat and good at dealing with the day to day management. Potentially solid spine at West Ham btw. Green in Goal, Upson at Centre Half, Parker in Midfield and Cole up front. English too.

I guess I don't have to do too much catch up with what's going on at City as we're in the bloody Papers all the time. Hughes' sacking disappointed me more than most have because they gave him so much investment and opportunity to continue when he could've gone 6 months after he came in or in the Summer he failed to secure the spot in Europe again - but we were far too ruthless with his dismissal. It's confirmed that the decision was made after the 3-0 defeat at s***e Hart Lane yet he took charge for the following Match at Home to Sunderland (4-3 win) and he was then sacked! I wanted to punch our Chief Exec in the face at the Press Conference to intoduce the fancy man from Italy. And he's done alright results wise. His record at Inter involved being handed a Serie A following Juve's demotion and inheriting a solid Team. He did nothing in Europe with them, either. Whether he can surpass himself at Manchester City is yet to be seen. I'm agnostic on it. We don't give anyone the time they need so I'm hardly sleeping with Mancini's picture under my pillow. The only new players we have are Vieira (not new to anyone who likes Football) and Adam Johnson. The latter being a brilliant little talent out on the wings. Big future. POTS is Carlos Tevez. He had a slow start but has been a Goal machine. Partly due to the turbulent season that Adebayor has had but partly because he just seems to love what he does. No introductions needed to West Ham Fans. Honourable mentions also go to Bellamy (sorry) and Kompany.

Can't believe the season is ending so soon. Let's all hope for a good Match and a fair result.

City 2-0.

:P
They'll be lots of tickets going for this if you turn up.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

btajim - mcfc wrote: I'm surprised I haven't been bombarded with spare ticket offers like I was when I last mentioned wanting to go to a Hammers Match this season. Nudges, winks, offers of a two Match special. I didn't realise every KUMBer sold fruit and veg at a Market Stall in the East End.
Point being if it was that important and i lived round the corner i'd drop the produce and find a way.But it does'nt matter anymore and at least you'll both be in the Europa cup after they crash out in the qualifying round, if there is a god.