Wigan Athletic 3 West Ham Utd 2 (15/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

snipsnap

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by snipsnap »

Was going to sit with the home support on Sunday. Phoned ticket office today and got a ticket they said there was a few left that were sent back so worth a try if anyone still wants one.
Achillies

Post by Achillies »

gpjersey wrote:Teamtalk for all the good it would do!!!!

If you look outside lads there are at least 4500 that have travelled up here to see you lot kick a ball, are they stupid? no they are not, they live for this game. They along with all of those that couldnt get a ticket travel because they believe. Week in week out they believe in you and the club.

You are privileged to wear the shirt, it may not be man united or Real Madrid but its claret and blue and you can smell the history on it. When you were boys you played football not for money, fancy cars and fist fights in clubs. you played it because you loved it. the feeling of passing your mate with bloodied knees until it was to dark to see, jumpers for goal posts and last goal wins that repeated itself time and time again. If you just take 10% of that passion for the game out there on that pitch you could beat any team in the world.

We are West Ham, those supporters dreams rest on your shoulders, walk out there with your head held high and show them that they have the right to believe in you and the club.
I welled up at this, when I close my eyes its the same team talk I'm giving them too, except I'm wearing my £5 ASDA shirt with Bobby lifting that trophy we won in '66. (There's no substitue for class :wink: )
All I would have added is "Kieron? What the f**k are you doing here? Follow that exit sign post haste & leave my football club you c**t!"
THFC6061

Post by THFC6061 »

Wigan Athletic v West Ham United (Sunday, 16:00 BST)

West Ham just worry me - I think they waved the white flag last week when their owners David Gold and David Sullivan started talking about what relegation would mean for the club.

They might find out this weekend.

I am going to go for Wigan to beat the Hammers and send them down in the process.

It would mean the Latics live to fight until the last day of the season but it would obviously be the end of the road for West Ham, and in many ways it would serve them right.

Gold and Sullivan have already spoken about who would be leaving the club - all their England internationals like Scott Parker and Rob Green - but relegation might not necessarily be the end of the world, although it depends on how they react to it.

It means they can make a fresh start, but the important thing for any team's finances is getting back into the top flight within a couple of years.

Prediction: Wigan Athletic 2-0 West Ham United

According to Lawro's predictions for the season, this would put Wigan in 20th place on 19 points, while West Ham would be in 15th place on 37 points.

In fact, Wigan go into the match in 19th place on 36 points while West Ham are in 20th place on 33 points.

Here are all of Lawro's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if his predictions were correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Law ... 10-11.html
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

what a ****
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Any pubs near the ground that have Sky Sports?
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Noble Man wrote:Sorry if answered earlier - why is it on Sunday at 4pm when not on TV?
Because the Rugby c**** play there Friday night and the ground staff are unable to prepare the pitch in time for football on Saturday.

Maybe not all will agree, but in my opinion another "cop out" from the FA, if a Club want to be in the Football League then it's football first, if not p*ss off and use the Stadium for whatever micky mouse events you like.
m-h

Post by m-h »

West Ham Dave wrote:
Maybe not all will agree, but in my opinion another "cop out" from the FA, if a Club want to be in the Football League then it's football first, if not p*ss off and use the Stadium for whatever micky mouse events you like.
WHD,
thing is though the FA like Wigan/Whelan. No support, no trouble, no headlines, bland. Now us.............
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

gpjersey wrote:Teamtalk for all the good it would do!
-
Perfect team talk, well done.

However, I fear most of our players will have their earplugs in listening to their ipod's........
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Bit of General Info borrowed from the O/S

Coaches will depart from the Boleyn Ground at 8.30am on Sunday 15 May, with fans able to buy food and drink from kiosks in the West Stand before they depart.

Those travelling by road to Wigan are advised that there are roadworks on the A59 after junction 25 of the M6. All coach companies should exit at junction 27 and follow the postcode WN5 0UN on 'satnav' systems which will lead them direct to Car Park 1 on Stadium Way at the DW Stadium.

Greater Manchester Police and Wigan Athletic will have a ticket barrier check point in place on the North Stand forecourt. All visiting supporters are advised to arrive in plenty of time to allow for their entry to the DW Stadium in time for kick-off.
No tickets will be on sale on the day to either home or away supporters.
AJ

Post by AJ »

Try to avoid parking in the charging car parks at the JJB have heard the money raised from parking fees goes to Dave Whelan :thdn:
Wickfordhammer

Post by Wickfordhammer »

I am selling two my two tickets for Sunday as my mates are terrible and can't find anyone that "fancies it" so 2 tickets for sale in the Southend area for £20 each. They also come with 2 free coach travel tickets but that is optional. PM me if you're interested.

Phill
AJ

Post by AJ »

Wickfordhammer wrote:I am selling two my two tickets for Sunday as my mates are terrible and can't find anyone that "fancies it" so 2 tickets for sale in the Southend area for £20 each. They also come with 2 free coach travel tickets but that is optional. PM me if you're interested.

Phill
Put the details in the tickets forum too :thup:
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

AJ wrote:Try to avoid parking in the charging car parks at the JJB have heard the money raised from parking fees goes to Dave Whelan :thdn:
Looking on Google maps, there's an Asda and retail area pretty close to the ground. Anyone parked there before?
AJ

Post by AJ »

Would avoid parking in the retail area its been known for people to get fined and clamped parking there.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

I've never known a week like this last 7 days were we have been written off by so many pundits and people in the media, if anything it's given our players enough ammunition to turn up on the day and put in a performance although that's assuming Gullivan can keep their mouths shut between now and Sunday!
Juliansleftfoot

Post by Juliansleftfoot »

THFC6061 wrote:Wigan Athletic v West Ham United (Sunday, 16:00 BST)

West Ham just worry me - I think they waved the white flag last week when their owners David Gold and David Sullivan started talking about what relegation would mean for the club.

They might find out this weekend.

I am going to go for Wigan to beat the Hammers and send them down in the process.

It would mean the Latics live to fight until the last day of the season but it would obviously be the end of the road for West Ham, and in many ways it would serve them right.

Gold and Sullivan have already spoken about who would be leaving the club - all their England internationals like Scott Parker and Rob Green - but relegation might not necessarily be the end of the world, although it depends on how they react to it.

It means they can make a fresh start, but the important thing for any team's finances is getting back into the top flight within a couple of years.

Prediction: Wigan Athletic 2-0 West Ham United

According to Lawro's predictions for the season, this would put Wigan in 20th place on 19 points, while West Ham would be in 15th place on 37 points.

In fact, Wigan go into the match in 19th place on 36 points while West Ham are in 20th place on 33 points.

Here are all of Lawro's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if his predictions were correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Law ... 10-11.html
Whatever you think of Lawro, if you check out that link, his prediction league table is pretty impressive when you look at the actual league table.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

We'll either be dead and buried before we kick off....or buoyed by a set of get-out-of-jail results.

The team selection and attitude is almost entirely dependent on the Wolves result - with the faintest of hopes arising if Blackburn get very very heavily beaten (a repeat of the 7-1 would be luvverly).

A Blackpool win (probable IMO) would be disappointing but with Man U away to follow - I don't think it makes much odds unless they score a hatful.

If Fulham beat Brum, they could be in real trouble as well....though I can't see Spurs winning to save us on the last day... :lol:
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

The players don't give a sh*t about history. For my team talk I would simply read out Lawro's prediction.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

We're going to win our last two games...

...and get relegated anyway, along with Wigan and Blackpool.
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

prophet:marginal wrote:We're going to win our last two games...

...and get relegated anyway, along with Wigan and Blackpool.
We wont win this one, away from home against a team which has survival to play for... I dont think so.