Wigan Athletic 3 West Ham Utd 2 (15/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by w4hammer »

Happyhammer52 wrote:Leaving from Inverness at 0755 tomorrow morning. Get to Manchester just after 5. Night out then to watch us pick up all 3 points. Well that's the plan.

fair play mate. met a couple of lads from inverness at the bolton game was it you lot? :crest:
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Dyer fit apparently, worth a gamble? :think:
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

w4hammer wrote:fair play mate. met a couple of lads from inverness at the bolton game was it you lot? :crest:
Would imagine so, on the train or walking to the stadium? Another 5 or 6 of us coming down so hopefully get something out of it.
MATTD5677

Post by MATTD5677 »

Got to stop Nzogbia and Rodallega

Need Collison to play in one of the wide positions and Cole and Ba up to for me

Green

Jac Tomkins DaCosta Gabbidon

Collison Parker Hitz Bridge

Cole Ba
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Must play Collison, Piquionne and Keane or Sears.
Must keep the ball on the ground, run at them and pass well - not hoof long as we did for 75 minutes v Blackburn.
Must show fight.
Then we can win.
If not we will lose.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

All the best to all you troopers going out to see the game. :thup:
Cummon U Ironssssssssssssss!!
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Happyhammer52 wrote:[fair play mate. met a couple of lads from inverness at the bolton game was it you lot? :crest:
Would imagine so, on the train or walking to the stadium? Another 5 or 6 of us coming down so hopefully get something out of it.[/quote]

aye we saw you on the way from the pub and then on train afters ( stalker alert!)

sleep well- better result te morra hey
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

w4hammer wrote:aye we saw you on the way from the pub and then on train afters ( stalker alert!)

sleep well- better result te morra hey
Got you now. Aye long day, but looking forward to it. Hopefully see you there. All the best!
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

I think we haven't been playing enough strikers/forwards on the field at the same time...if we play a bunch of forwards, even in positions that aren't naturally their own, we'll be more likely to score. So i say all strikers and parker....and why not go 4-4-2 for good measure...

-----------------------------------------------Keane (good at keeping the ball out of the net up top)--------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hines-----------------------------Cole--------------------Piq-----------------Obinna----------
Sears--------------------------Parker---------------------Abdulla-----------------Ba (he's used to being wide left now)---
----------------------------------Tombides------------------Nouble---------------------------------------------------

Subs: Hall, Montano, Subuola, Purdy, Elliot Lee, McCallum

Keane is good at keeping the ball out of the net when up top, so why not put him in goal. Hines and obinna would get forward well...physicality in the center of defense? Piq and Cole will give this, Cole in particular will fill in well for upson as he will may not win as many 50-50 balls or headers as he should...

Sears and Ba have already been used on the wide left and right, so they should be used to this now, Abdulla has been playing in the center of midfield even though originally a forward...It's about time Nouble gets another shot in his real position, and Tombides has been banging them in so throw him on...

Looks like a good side going forward...a little young up front and on the bench, but what can you do...
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Grant's TV interviews today got me all up pumped up for a 3-0 win :arry:
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

Wigan's fan is up for it!

http://www.cockneylatic.co.uk/index.php ... &Itemid=71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He seems to be under the impression that 'the footballing World' want us to go down, rather than them!

EDIT: link doesn't seem to work. It's on newsnow!
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

We supporters will need to be on top form for this game, as with a full away end contingent, we will need to be loud to drown them out.Scott Parker is looking to be making his return for the game and we all know how excitable the Hammers fans get about their darling playing.
Above quote from Wigan

You have no chance of outsinging 4000+ hammers, your support is f*cking sh*t and thats putting it nice. If we go down so be it, but id love us to take you sl*gs down with us.
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

AJ wrote: Above quote from Wigan

You have no chance of outsinging 4000+ hammers, your support is f*cking sh*t and thats putting it nice. If we go down so be it, but id love us to take you sl*gs down with us.
It's win win. If results go our way we are only one point from safety. If they don't and we are already relegated then we will take them down with us :lol: .
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

I think we'll win this and the Sunderland match..........but results will go against us and we'll go down on goal difference.

2-1 to us.
cockneytevez39

Post by cockneytevez39 »

Boo Hoo :( wish i was goin to this one so much but sister cocked u tickets and didnt tell me till sold out.

Does any one know any pubs that may show the match in london? dont think pubs get done for showing non televised games now do they?
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

NedN wrote:I think we haven't been playing enough strikers/forwards on the field at the same time...if we play a bunch of forwards, even in positions that aren't naturally their own, we'll be more likely to score. So i say all strikers and parker.
:lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Green, Jacobsen, Da Costa, Gabbs, Bridge, Spector, Parker, Hitz, Sears, Ba, Grant

Yes, Grant on hs own up front. On page 64 of today's 'Sun', there is a picture of him smashing the ball into an empty net from fully 1 yard out. Body shape perfect as the ball is sent crashing into the back of the net !! Very impressive stuff. I reckon he is saying to our powder puff, ineffective strikers, non scoring strikers, (Robbie Keane take note), this is how you score in front of an open goal, from 1yard out. Go an buy yourselves a copy if you don't believe me
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

only need to win 7 nil, keep the faith
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

Brum only need a point from their last 2 games and it doesn't matter what we do in our last 2 games.

f*** it, lets go up there tomorrow and show every **** what it means to be West Ham. Non stop noise and nothing less.

Stand proud. Stand together. WE are West Ham. f*** the rest!
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

Right ladies and gents we all have just over 24 hours to accept that we are relegated and get over the sickness of it all
Before we show up at Wigan and prove to the world that we as fans are up there with the best of them regardless of the team on the pitch and have the away day of our lives :crest: