Millwall 0 West Ham Utd 0 (17/09/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Re: Millwall v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Doc H Ball »

I8CHAVS wrote:If i were to drive to this game where would one park?
Through Rotherhithe Tunnel, straight over roundabout then first left at lights before Bermondsey tube into Southwark Park Road. Down through Bermondsey then right at lights at end of high street into St James Road. Turn left into housing estate and no parking restrictions on a weekend. 15 min walk from there with the locals - shuffle enough and they'll think you're one of them.

I've done that route for 20 years. God, how depressing...
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

Didnt think of the after game situation but i am sure if i spoke kindly with the officer he would let me meander down to my vehicle whilst avoiding all the curfufle
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I8CHAVS wrote:Didnt think of the after game situation but i am sure if i spoke kindly with the officer he would let me meander down to my vehicle whilst avoiding all the curfufle
Check your PM.
Chavs
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

prophet:marginal wrote:[Check your PM.
FFS Mods he has just asked me for a picture of my reg number.........

Cheers bro :lol:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

:lol:
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Does anyone know who is refereeing on Saturday?

If not, when is it announced?

I was thinking Howard Webb would be a good official for the game but i'm sure he's really done us over a few times........
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

morganwhu wrote:Does anyone know who is refereeing on Saturday?

If not, when is it announced?

I was thinking Howard Webb would be a good official for the game but i'm sure he's really done us over a few times........
Webb's doing Bolton v Norwich.

They haven't announced the Football League lot yet as far as I can see but we may be "lucky" (yeah right) enough to get a select group ref. Dean & Foy haven't got games on Saturday but thankfully they're sending Dean to be the 4th official at Wolves v QPR - which is still too good for him.

There's also Forest v Derby which might get an SG appointment so we might get Foy or, if they decide that an SG official is due, Walton, Probert & Taylor all have 4th official duties on Sunday so will be free on Saturday (they don't give us D'Urso these days).

We should know tomorrow.
BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy »

Doc H Ball wrote:Through Rotherhithe Tunnel, straight over roundabout then first left at lights before Bermondsey tube into Southwark Park Road. Down through Bermondsey then right at lights at end of high street into St James Road. Turn left into housing estate and no parking restrictions on a weekend. 15 min walk from there with the locals - shuffle enough and they'll think you're one of them.

I've done that route for 20 years. God, how depressing...
Much wiser choice would be Rotherhithe Tunnel, Jamaica Road, St James Road, over Southwark Park Road, all the way to the garage, turn left, then second left into Sheppard Drive. It's right near the ground but it's completely gated off. There are several car parks within that gated development with not enough cars to fill them, and no busy-bodies complain about parking. Also, no lads ever come round before or after matches to trash the place.

Wherever you park though, just make sure you don't have a West Ham nodding dog in the back or an identifiable garage name on your license plate.
towner

Post by towner »

Bit of a local one for me this as I live in peckham and this'll be my first visit to the new den which should be fun if it's even remotely like the old den, I'm going to have to keep my head down though as I've drank with a few of there old lot over the years and don't fancy being spotted.

Be careful chaps as they still like picking off the odd 1s and 2s so keep your heads down if you're not part of a large group particularly as a few will be looking for some payback after what happened at our place in the cup. :crest:
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Let's hope that Mr.Sullivan or Mr.Gold aren't taking their Rollers with their personalised number plates and West Ham nodding dogs..........................
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

anyone driving there on saturday beware you WILL NOT be allowed to get back to your car after the game, you will be herded out of the rear of the away end to the station put on a train & taken to canning town whether you want to go there or not, THIS WILL HAPPEN, even west ham supporters who lived in the area & had walked to the ground were taken last time it will not matter whether you have kids with you or for any other reason whatever you say to the old bill you will only get abuse back off the c***s, last time even disabled people were made to go.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Haven't got a clue. But I'd make sure you take that west ham air-freshener down if I were you
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

The last time we played there (4-1 drubbing) I parked at Surrey Quays and had a pleasant walk down through bandit country with my little Sis and Dad. It was fine, small huddles of riot police hiding behind walls and down alley ways. No bother - felt v safe.
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

Ref: Lee Mason - nightmare against Man Utd at home last season.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Gnome wrote:Ref: Lee Mason - nightmare against Man Utd at home last season.
:shock:

Do the FL have a clue....
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

The one who should have sent Vidic off?

Oh f***, I was so incensed by him at half time I actually left my seat 1 minute early to stand by the tunnel and berate him. :evil:
beckton

Post by beckton »

With us being the Man U of the Championship, we should be in line for a soft penalty and Tomkins should be free to foul with abandon.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

I'd imagine you're probably safer driving and parking locally due to the anonymous walk back to the car rather than going to the station where it's obvious your West Ham.

That is, so long as you don't get caught by a roving group of local idiots.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

As many have said, the problem with driving will be POST game.
The away end is connected to the station and you will be put on a train away from the ground, partly for your own safety.
Leishy77
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by Leishy77 »

Sweeney Bod wrote:
Yeah he was the brains that had a thread go viral due to his genius. He went mad that the online booking system showed his ticket taken. No matter how many people pointed out that it was because he had the ticket it would show as taken. I am not sure if the thread is still there but google stuwall Millwall or stuwall Hof

That thread was hilarious. I tried finding it a few months back to show someone else. I found plenty of other pages talking about the thread but sadly I think its been deleted.