West Ham Utd 2 Nottingham Forest 1 (21/01/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Re: West Ham v Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by LeonRivers »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:sh*t atmosphere, sh*t performance, Allardyce once again shows he's clueless.
Better to be Sam (clueless at losing regulalry) than Avram (clueless at winning a league match).
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Where we are now, promotion is all that matters.

IF we go up it enables us to buy better quality players to play better football.

Plus we have played worse football in the last few years under Grant, Zola and Curbs than we have now with a lot better players at their disposal
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 520 likes
Total likes: 1314 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

MD_HM wrote:IF we go up it enables us to buy better quality players to play better football.
This x100.
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

MD_HM wrote:
Plus we have played worse football in the last few years under Grant, Zola and Curbs than we have now with a lot better players at their disposal
I couldn't disagree more.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Am I right? Mark Noble is now our 3rd highest top scorer this season?

Didn't follow the game. Glad to hear the result. Top of league can't be sniffed at.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:The bloke plays shocking football
You're the new MacGill.

Robert Hall looks really promising.

I think with Lansbury on for Diop we were passing the ball around nicely at times.

Camp basically saved Forest today.

What a great strike for thier goal.

WEST HAM UNITED we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Still people like you pay money to moan, I suppose you have paid for that privilege...

Some things were comical like Cole trying to take a volley from a cross which went back the way it came to him.. and his header if you can call it that.

Baldock is wasted on the left it won't be long until people get on his case on here I reckon.
Last edited by The Rebirth on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Watching West Ham is like spending all day watching paint dry, while being slapped with a wet kipper.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Another three points! but one match report on the way home summed it up, West Ham GRIND out another Win! one of my mates a Forest fan phoned me and thanked us for their Goal!

I think a few others mentioned the pre-match talk made it sound as if it was going to be a walk in the park, chance to get plenty of goals LOL! but I suppose as long as we are promoted, it's a good job in some ways we are pulling away from the pack but I still worry will we have to really fight and hand on the edge of our seats to get an automatic promotion place? I could not bare to face the way we play in the play-offs! :crest:
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Width width width. no ****ing width.. been saying it for years.. didn't even get Wat was going on today looked like collision was being made to play both wings but whenever George or faubs got the ball there was nowhere to give it in front of them.. Result was good, but the match was poor. Even with all the route one play though we really lack quality on attacking.. cringe worthy some of it. Winston Reid was my man of the match, he was first to everything.
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

Cotterill whinging again.. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 559751.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

miami-hammer wrote:This may sound petty, but i really hope Mr. Allardyce finally gives a positive mention to Noble in his post match interview.
Not only for his penalties, but his overall contribution this season. So far he has been very complimentary about all of his own signings apart from Carew.

Would be good to hear.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought something was up there.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

I can understand people moaning about the quality of football, at the end of the day you pays your money, you get to voice your opinion, it's as simple as that. Some are happy with the way things are, some aren't, differences in opinions are what football is all about, it would be flipping boring if we all thought the same way.

In my humble opinion, I believe that due to the way clubs are run these days, there is so much pressure on results that pretty football will always be secondary. Yes you can have both but long gone are the days of having a dozen games or so of things "gelling" into place and being confident that the "good football" will get the results it deserves. If Sam went on a run of bad results he would be out of a job, like most in football these days. It's all business business business now. A few bad seasons, you could find your club not existing anymore due to the financial burdens placed by the ridiculous wages we pay players today.

It's meant that domestic cups have lost their romance and value, a greater devide between the premier league and all other divisions, a part of the game we all love quite frankly dying and to a certain degree an end to the era of "just go out there and enjoy yourself son".

You may disagree but for me, that's football today, it's all about money and staying in business.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

We played awful, but still won, 3 points are 3 points.
Who see the forest geezer have a row with the old bill ?
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

TommyHammer wrote:We played awful, but still won, 3 points are 3 points.
Who see the forest geezer have a row with the old bill ?
Yeah I'm in the chicken run, he lost the plot and took a bit of an hiding in the end.

There was some good banter going on with the forest fans "We're winning at home, how **** must you be we're winning at home", with them coming back with "it's only one nil, how **** must you be, it's only one nil" made me chuckle :)
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

I reckon forest must be most people's second favourite club.
Aceface
Has liked: 375 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

My girlfriend's first game today - not sure she enjoyed it that much. :lol:

Enjoyed seeing Hall getting some minutes.

From where I was sitting Winston Reid looked MoTM to me. Can't help thinking the fix was in with Tomkins getting it on the day he re-signed...
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

I actually enjoyed the game today, well most of it

Ball on the floor most of time, Forest playing really well pushing and hassling our players.

Noble the only one on pitch looking for a pass, Nolan strolling, Harewood getting a good reception, Noble's 2 pens, the ball going in the East Stand gutter.

Although did BFS go to 4-5-1 after we scored ? Someone mentioned that on here last week and it happened to today, 1-0 up and he goes to 1 up front ? !

Top of the league playing crap :?
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2658 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

jacko wrote:I reckon forest must be most people's second favourite club.
That is probably true, but the Scousers don't seem to care for them too much.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

The Rebirth wrote:You're the new MacGill.

Robert Hall looks really promising.

I think with Lansbury on for Diop we were passing the ball around nicely at times.

Camp basically saved Forest today.

What a great strike for thier goal.

WEST HAM UNITED we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Still people like you pay money to moan, I suppose you have paid for that privilege...

Some things were comical like Cole trying to take a volley from a cross which went back the way it came to him.. and his header if you can call it that.

Baldock is wasted on the left it won't be long until people get on his case on here I reckon.
Baldock is wasted your right there mate.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Agree with everyone saying Baldock is wasted out wide, it's nothing short of pathetic IMO, why he needs to keep going to the wing I will never understand, run the channels ok fine, but most of the second half he was out wide and ineffective.