Peterborough Utd V West Ham Utd: MATCH POSTPONED (11/02/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

10 Iron

Re: Peterborough United V West Ham United Match Thread

Post by 10 Iron »

southendmadhammer wrote:David Gold just tweeted that there is a 10 am pitch inspection tomorrow morning!

I hope this goes ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could get Hammerhead there to fart on the pitch, that should clear it, gotta be good for something
Julian's Dick

Post by Julian's Dick »

southendmadhammer wrote:David Gold just tweeted that there is a 10 am pitch inspection tomorrow morning!

I hope this goes ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who is the ref? Let's hope he ain't a right busy c*nt.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

Bang a key in the ground, everyone whack on some deep heat, have a kick about trying to hit the crossbar and have a chat about what happened at the pub last night, sneak a fag quickly and play the flipping game.
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

DMAC's asking for 300 volunteers to get down there from 7am :o

And bring a shovel!
mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

I8CHAVS wrote:
And another thing for the helms saying call if off blahhhhhh blahhhh blahhhhhhhh didnt they see the Brum v Soton game?
jesus chavs people arnt saying call it off, most are saying they are worried it will be called off and royaly f*** up their weekend and cost them a pretty penny. and the brum vs soton example is just stupid as st andrews HAS under soil heating!!! :)
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

mjustincredible wrote:
jesus chavs
I like that 8-)

Cost me £30 on the train bro, im in the same boat but i dont get people saying it will be called off when they clearly aint got a clue
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

This should warm you up

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Mr Westhamfootball :raver: Brings tears to my eyes, shivers down my spine, hairs on the back of my neck stand up and i'm only a young un!!!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Is UG going down there at 7am to help out with the hairdryer ?

We Need Your Help!
Posted on: Fri 10 Feb 2012
Following Thursday's snow clearance story, we encountered further heavy snowfall last night (Thursday evening) resulting in the pitch and stadium areas being once again covered in snow.

With sub zero temperatures expected tonight (Friday) the decision has been made to leave the snow on the pitch until early Saturday morning as it will act as an insulation blanket until it is removed.

Gritting lorries will be deployed at the stadium and surrounding areas today and on Saturday morning to ensure spectator safety outside of the ground.

Now ... your football club needs YOU!

We need 300 volunteers to assist with clearing the snow from the pitch early on Saturday morning. Ideally, we would like volunteers to arrive, preferably with snow shovels, from 7am and report to reception. All volunteers need to be over the age of 18.

The procedure will be to clear the snow from the covers on the pitch, transport it outside of the stadium to a designated tipping area and allow the covers to be removed for a 10am pitch inspection by the match referee.

Chief Executive Bob Symns said: 'At the moment, the pitch beneath the covers is playable. Obviously we are all now waiting for the results of the overnight temperatures. We are doing everything we can to ensure this game will take place, but we really need your assistance to remove the snow first thing on Saturday morning.'
Last edited by Pop Robson on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

Oxford United's game at Accrington has already been called off.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

roblo wrote:Oxford United's game at Accrington has already been called off.
Tomorrow's game with Oxford United has been postponed due to a frozen pitch.

An inspection of the Crown Ground surface by a local official appointed by the Football League this morning found that despite the covers being on the surface was unplayable.
hargo
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by hargo »

http://www.theposh.com/page/NewsDetail/ ... 51,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

hargo wrote:http://www.theposh.com/page/NewsDetail/ ... 51,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Id get Carew and Piquionne out there. they have done bugger all else this season.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Brentford and MK Dons home games for tomorrow both called off
mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

well my mates and I will be on the train to posh by the time the inspection is done, so looks like a day on the piss in peterborough if it is called off regardless
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

Pop Robson wrote:Is UG going down there at 7am to help out with the hairdryer ?

We Need Your Help!
Posted on: Fri 10 Feb 2012
Following Thursday's snow clearance story, we encountered further heavy snowfall last night (Thursday evening) resulting in the pitch and stadium areas being once again covered in snow.

With sub zero temperatures expected tonight (Friday) the decision has been made to leave the snow on the pitch until early Saturday morning as it will act as an insulation blanket until it is removed.

Gritting lorries will be deployed at the stadium and surrounding areas today and on Saturday morning to ensure spectator safety outside of the ground.

Now ... your football club needs YOU!

We need 300 volunteers to assist with clearing the snow from the pitch early on Saturday morning. Ideally, we would like volunteers to arrive, preferably with snow shovels, from 7am and report to reception. All volunteers need to be over the age of 18.

The procedure will be to clear the snow from the covers on the pitch, transport it outside of the stadium to a designated tipping area and allow the covers to be removed for a 10am pitch inspection by the match referee.

Chief Executive Bob Symns said: 'At the moment, the pitch beneath the covers is playable. Obviously we are all now waiting for the results of the overnight temperatures. We are doing everything we can to ensure this game will take place, but we really need your assistance to remove the snow first thing on Saturday morning.'

Fair Play to em, sure some of you could get there early n help out, i would, but...............................................
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

10 Iron wrote: Fair Play to em, sure some of you could get there early n help out, i would, but...............................................
I'm staying in bed until I hear the news
Julian's Dick

Post by Julian's Dick »

Posh boss Darren Ferguson said: “I’ve had a meeting with the head groundsman and other people who know more than me and they are confident the game will take place.

“The snow has helped the pitch cover protect the surface and as long as the temperature doesn’t drop below minus two I reckon we will be okay to play,

“We certainly want the game on.”
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Barnet and Stevenage home games both off
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

MK Dons off?!? I would of presumed they had under soil hesating aswell.......i guess not!!
foreverbubbles7

Post by foreverbubbles7 »

Anyone know where our away day pre match drinking spots are tomorrow assuming the game goes ahead?