West Ham Utd 2-2 Manchester Utd (17/04/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: West Ham United v Manchester United: Match Thread

Post by Gerblatz »

Reid and Noble being available again is a big boost ahead of this one :thup: ..we can beat these, but the draw would be a very good result and as optimistic as I like to be, I'd take the draw. 1-1 Carroll to give them a beasting.
Cambridge_hammer

Post by Cambridge_hammer »

Don't no why but I fancy a 2-1 win. Usually when I feel confident we get a pasting so this may not be a good thing,

I fancy Carroll to score, he has been a beast in the last couple of games
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

Many may disagree with me most likely here but I would not risk Reid,Noble,Diame or Carroll tomorrow and save them for Wigan on Saturday.
FORESTGATE1958

Post by FORESTGATE1958 »

Maybe a run out for Reid and Nobel might get them up to speed for saturday.
smarthammer

Post by smarthammer »

This is Man Utd at home – a game I bet all of the squad want to be in and globally broadcasted.

Likewise (appreciating Wigan is important) why shouldn’t we turn up and give them a game.

You never know – 4th time lucky
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

We will lose this game. But it doesn't matter. In my opinion we've got a free run at this game after the last two unexpected points so Sam should see this as an opportunity to take a chance and play Cole and Carroll up front together. And if it works out well, then we have a different option for the winnable games. And if it doesn't work out well then we can just say oh well it was Man United so it doesn't matter. Much rather experiment against them than against Wigan at home.

So Carroll up front on his own it is then!...

3-1 United.
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

Great news almost a full squad to select.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Stepney wrote:
3-1 United.
3-1 to us then?
Logarithm
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Logarithm »

Kitt the car wrote:3-1 to us then?
That is what he said!

Looking forward to this one.
I would play Pog, myself. No need to risk Reid over these pansies. Same goes for Noble, we might as well just stick with O'Neil.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

A test to see how far we have come.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Not the ideal game to throw Noble back on after his long injury layoff, don't you think ? I'd rather let O'Neil keep his plays and see how it goes. Noble can come on later for half an hour or so, if necessary.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Really looking forward to this for so many reasons. From a personal point of view, am having a really awful time of it right now (horrendous bout of depression being made worse by the meds, nasty break-up, uni course going badly, work sucks, blah blah, etc, etc), and without wishing to sound melodramatic, the long trek up to the Boleyn every week or two is a real lifesaver - just a day when I can focus on something in my life that I've always loved and always will. Got the day off work tomorrow so a good few beers (sod the meds tomorrow!) on the 3 o'clock train from Dorset with the old man, then the sheer escapism of a few hours when all that matters is losing myself in West Ham - helps that it's Man U as well with the atmos that brings. I know it's 'only a game', but my god West Ham doesn't half come to the rescue sometimes!

As long as we give it a right good go (which I'm sure we will), I'll come home feeling better for a bit, and worry about being hanging at work and everything else on Thursday. Anyway... that's enough of me sharing, group!

Great to hear Winny's back, definitely ups our chances. Good to hear Nobes is maybe there too but I think there's less immediate need to rush him back, as O'Neil's been a fine deputy and should be rewarded again with a start, maybe give Mark a half hour and see how he might look ahead of Saturday. We needn't be terrified of this lot, we've given them three of their hardest games of the season already and only just been edged in 2 of them, and if the worst came to the worst and Winny can't make it, then give at least one of Spence or Potts a run-out - both played well against Man u in the cup and won't be overawed. I can see a 1-1, with the eternal optimist in me picturing a 2-1 for us... and with the dreamer in me remembering what happened last time we had them here on a Wednesday night!

Oh and it doesn't matter what team we put out on Saturday - it'll be the only home game I have to miss this season, so we're bound to win 5-0 or something! :wink:

COYI
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1322 likes

Post by davids cross »

Come on wEt HaM.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Absentee Hammer wrote:Just had a look at Physio room who have our injuries as not too promising for the next 4 weeks, but no mention of Tomkins

W Reid Hip/Thigh Injury 27th Apr 13
M Noble Arm/Elbow Injury 20th Apr 13

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Physioroom is notoriously full of ****.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

w6hammer wrote:Many may disagree with me most likely here but I would not risk Reid,Noble,Diame or Carroll tomorrow and save them for Wigan on Saturday.
If Allardyce did that, he would be publicly hung.

How could anyone ever justify doing that when there are 33,000 WHU supporters paying category a pricing for this game ?
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Match day!!

Few hours in the office and then onto the Boleyn Ground, Cant beat a night under the lights :thup:

West Ham 2 - 1 Man United
Diame & Carroll

COYI
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

My Monday morning hump has left me, game beckons, I can only see a 4 nil win for us now, Wednesday evening under the lights, marvellous :)
bobo

Post by bobo »

Got to be this.....

----------------Jussi-------------
Demel---Reid----Collins--JOB
----------Noble----Diame------
Collison-------------------Jarvis
---------------Carroll------------
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

bobo wrote:Got to be this.....

----------------Jussi-------------
Demel---Reid----Collins--JOB
----------Noble----Diame------
Collison-------------------Jarvis
---------------Carroll------------
We don't stand the biggest chance with 11 men let alone 10, but I like your confidence :lol:
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

w6hammer wrote:Many may disagree with me most likely here but I would not risk Reid,Noble,Diame or Carroll tomorrow and save them for Wigan on Saturday.
You are big Sam and I claim my £5 :)