West Ham Utd 1-3 Manchester City (19/10/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

West Ham Utd 1-3 Manchester City (19/10/13)

Post by Up the Junction »

Fill one's boots...
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Manchester City: match thread

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Since they bought all those Superstars we haven't done all that well against them , so it'll be very interesting to see what our Master Tactician conjures up .

I'd happily settle for a score draw , but obviously would prefer another 3-0 , or even a 1-0 .
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

I can't think about this yet. I just want to enjoy the win for a few more days before the worrying starts...
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Can't see how anyone could argue against anything other than an unchanged team as long as there are no training ground or international injuries that come along and jinx us.

Joe Cole and Downing are back, Petric has another two weeks to work at his fitness and the whole squad must be buzzing. In some ways it is a shame we can't play Man City as soon as possible really.

Saying that, Man City will no doubt cause us a lot more trouble than Spurs did and the likes of Diame and Noble will have to be on their A game again coming up against Toure et al.

Entertaining 1-1 would do me!
Pango

Post by Pango »

As per my message in the Superstars thread .... Kompany aledgedly out for a month ....

Now that is a shame ....

Whats also a shame is most of our squad aren't on inetrnational duty over the extra long weekend ... means Allerderci has too much spare time to practice his masterplan whilst all thos Citeh supertars clock up air miles and injuries ..... real shame ..... :wink:
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

City play a lot wider than Spurs do, so not sure the same formation would work as well. City are missing Kompany though which is a huge bonus.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

I dont care if we lose this game 10-0. We beat the spuds 3-0 on their own patch!
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Since they moved the KO back for this one I cant go

gutted
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

Arrive in Amsterdam on the train from Berlin at 17:30 local time, giving me an hour to find a pub/bar showing the game. It's on Sky over here so assume that there'll be plenty of places showing it, but if anyone can recommend somewhere good (cheap/different/decent beer/food etc) that would be great.
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

UTJ,
You have just ruined Dyers Leg one match winning run.
That is one heavy responsibility on your shoulders.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

roblo wrote:Arrive in Amsterdam on the train from Berlin at 17:30 local time, giving me an hour to find a pub/bar showing the game. It's on Sky over here so assume that there'll be plenty of places showing it, but if anyone can recommend somewhere good (cheap/different/decent beer/food etc) that would be great.
last time i was there we watched the footy in a place called stone's cafe, a good few screens, pool table, u can obviously smoke the wacky inside too. I wouldn't say its different mind, it was full of brits and was obviously aiming for that!

i cant remember what road it was but it was pretty much red light district, and it wasn't a long walk from the station at all!!
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Kompany is out. Downing, Jarvis and Cole should all be fully fit. I fancy our chances to get at least a draw
Norwich Iron
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Norwich Iron »

They've been up and down so far this season. If Sam gets his game plan right, there is 3 points for us here. Be happy enough with a point though. Coyi :crest:
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

D'ya reckon they'll have heard about our unorthodox 4-6-0 formation?? I reckon try that again.
I've got curly hair too

Post by I've got curly hair too »

We must start with a striker at home. Petric looked aggressive and 'in your face' when he came on against Everton, dont think that Lescott and Nastastic will fancy that. Who to leave out to accomodate though?
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

roblo wrote:Arrive in Amsterdam on the train from Berlin at 17:30 local time, giving me an hour to find a pub/bar showing the game. It's on Sky over here so assume that there'll be plenty of places showing it, but if anyone can recommend somewhere good (cheap/different/decent beer/food etc) that would be great.
They won't be different (apart from getting and smoking stuff) - otherwise typical sports bars/pubs. As said Stones Cafe is good - less than 10 minute walk from Centraal Station. Also about same distance is the Globe Hotel - huge sports bar. Molly Malone's is less than 5 minutes and The Flying Dutchman is about 3 minutes walk (tends to be full of Man Utd fans so they'll be cheering us on!). They'll all have the match on.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

EugeneSpeed wrote:D'ya reckon they'll have heard about our unorthodox 4-6-0 formation?? I reckon try that again.
Unfortunately the element of surprise has now been lost (rather like our Noble-Nolan free kick in the first half). You can only do these things once. Lets hope big Sam is cooking up a new system as we speak to catch them out!
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

I've got curly hair too wrote:Petric looked aggressive and 'in your face' when he came on against Everton
He also looked out of breath after ten minutes. Playing with Maiga in the side is like playing with ten men and young Lee is not going to get thrown into this one.

We just won 3-0 and played really well yet you want to change it around and drop someone. I would hate to play for you.

It worked so Sam will no doubt try it again. And don't be surprised if we keep on trying different variations of it until Carroll or Petric are fit enough to start.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Petric's got to be close to being fit to start by this game, surely ?
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Far from unbeatable when they're away from home. Cardiff and Villa already shown this. I don't want to get carried away, but there's no reason we can't take something from this game. We took a point last year, and we had a perfect goal disallowed. No reason we can't get another point here.

Need to make sure we get at them. Downing and Morrison to start a must for me. Jarvis has something to prove at the moment. Especially with Joe Cole coming back as well.