Crystal Palace 1-0 West Ham Utd (03/12/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Re: Crystal Palace v West ham United: Match Thread

Post by OFT »

djbubbles wrote: We just havent got the quality. Accept it chaps.

Indeed we have not, Palarse are hardly brimming with class either though, that's what's done me tonight.
jenkins89
Has liked: 1 like

Post by jenkins89 »

This will probably piss a lot of people off, but another reason for this was starting with Cole. I'm sorry but from everything I've watched this year Maiga is the better player. He wins far more headers, but more importantly with him on the pitch the team play completely differently. Whereas with Cole we went back to "let's jsut lump it up top and see what happens. Not nearly good enough.
West Ham Tom

Post by West Ham Tom »

I switched off also as soon as the game finished in pure fustration. What happened with ravel?
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Any lingering hopes he has of going to the World cup are probsbly lost there.
Ill discipline is why he is with us and why Hodgson will view that with a very dim light.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Lee_WHU wrote:Looks like I turned the stream off too early, what happened there with Rav? I saw the gif but I mean what was the pretense?

In response to someone pointing out Jarvo's floating crosses maybe we should play him on the right and Downing on the left, both crossing with their natural feet to CC. Noble and Diame/Nolan in the middle and Rav in front of them with an arrow going up to the striker :D
Tomkins kicked the ball as the final whistle went and it hit a Palace defender who turned round and squared up to him. Morrison try to separate them and their full back award came in and pushed Rav . Rav pushed him back but in the face. **** happens, Rav wasn't the original aggressor.
djbubbles
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Post by djbubbles »

jenkins89 wrote:This will probably piss a lot of people off, but another reason for this was starting with Cole. I'm sorry but from everything I've watched this year Maiga is the better player. He wins far more headers, but more importantly with him on the pitch the team play completely differently. Whereas with Cole we went back to "let's jsut lump it up top and see what happens. Not nearly good enough.
You are correct. At least Maiga won his headers. Carlton is finished
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

West Ham Tom wrote:I switched off also as soon as the game finished in pure fustration. What happened with ravel?
Pushed one of their players in the face after the final whistle
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

West Ham Tom wrote:I switched off also as soon as the game finished in pure fustration. What happened with ravel?
At the final whistle, one of our boys kicked the ball into the back of a player standing a few yards away from him.

I think Morrison got blamed, and the player pushed Morrison.

Morrison reacted by pushing the guy back in the face aggressively.
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by neathiron »

Bend it like Repka wrote:Honestly. If you are a Premier League striker on a goal drought, you must pick up the fixture list, scan through and find out when your team is playing West Ham.

It happens so much it is uncanny.
Exactly, i'm so ****ed off with it happening week in week out, it's either a 1st goal for their club or 1st goal in 3 years it's not funny anymore. Always said if Steve Potts had played against us after he finished at West Ham, even he would have scored. Is there a thread on here for such a thing happening. Think there should be because it will give us a chance of earning a few quid on bets. Went for Jerome to score in both halves tonight myself, forgot about that useless **** Chamakh.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

i beat you by 25 mins.............
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

Was quite surprised Miaga was dropped to be honest after he battled so hard on Saturday.
Welling

Post by Welling »

Why we lost tonight......

**** defending for their goal, Free header for Chamakh, God knows what Jussi was doing!

No one in our team played well tonight, not even Morrison.

We had a perfectly good goal disallowed for no reason.

Although a poor side overall, Palace worked hard and were boosted by the Pulis factor.

We deserved a draw at best.

The West Ham circus rolls on! :wink:
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

If we need to play one of Carlton or Maiga, then i'd back Maiga.

If we can get him playing with some confidence (and to his strengths) he might turn in some good performances.
thewhirlwind
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by thewhirlwind »

Downing was the only player to come out of that with any credit imo.
Rat was atrocious!

Pathetic!
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

Iron George wrote: For those that think we will still be all right, three of our next four are Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal.
Jesus.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Not exactly in the spirit of the game, but keeping the same players from Saturday then using other squad players vs. Liverpool might have been better
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

We also deliver the worst free kicks i can ever remember, another thing we cannot get right.
Twice we have tried the Nolan one twoce he ****ed up.
We are a poor team in amongst a lot of poor teams but we cannot beat those in and around us, relegation form.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

Bend it like Repka wrote:Honestly. If you are a Premier League striker on a goal drought, you must pick up the fixture list, scan through and find out when your team is playing West Ham.

It happens so much it is uncanny.
IronGeorge junior wanted to back Chamakh to score tonight but i told him that although we did usually end a **** strikers goalless run, Chamakh was SO **** he would be wasting his money.............
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

jenkins89 wrote:This will probably piss a lot of people off, but another reason for this was starting with Cole. I'm sorry but from everything I've watched this year Maiga is the better player. He wins far more headers, but more importantly with him on the pitch the team play completely differently. Whereas with Cole we went back to "let's jsut lump it up top and see what happens. Not nearly good enough.
Absolutely agree with this. I love Carlton as much as the next bloke but he was poor. Maiga came on ond won far more headers more cleanly in a far shorter time. And, as you say, our defenders are either incredibly lazy or under strict instructions, because as soon as they see Carlton ahead, it is hoof every time and I don't think he won hardly anything all night. Sad but true.
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

smuts wrote:]
For those that think we will still be all right, three of our next four are Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal.
Sunderland and West Brom at home will be huge games