FAC3: Nottingham Forest 5-0 West Ham Utd (05/01/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

EastLondonHammer

Re: Nottingham Forest Vs West Ham - FA Cup 3rd Round

Post by EastLondonHammer »

West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official 26m

SA: "When we face the third round after a heavy, heavy schedule then it becomes less of a priority than the other competitions."

West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official 20m

SA: "The U21s will be tested and they will get the opportunity to show us what they can do against Nottingham Forest."

West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official 18m

SA: "These lads will get a great chance with a number of experienced players on Sunday to show what they can do."
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

i don't like it, but he is right, we have got f*** all of a squad at the minute.. no fit CB's is deplorable, the fact we haven't been completely turned over with 6 or 7 goals is actually surprising, i would have expected it to happen at least once.. mind you we do have man city on Wednesday. Which id rather see a stronger side in, despite the inevitability we will most likely lose over 2 legs.

but i reiterate it is ****, i didn't buy a ticket for forest, but if i had i would be rightly pissed off. but even then that would be a continuation of how i have felt recently!
capt pugwash

Post by capt pugwash »

Would laugh if our Developement team with a few seniors win with Lee or the new kid scoring a hatrick Then walk past BFS saying "how's the striker search going"
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

I agree the team looks tired at the moment, let's play the development team against Cardiff, the youth team against forest and the ladies team against city, at least we may get some entertainment.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

capt pugwash wrote:Would laugh if our Developement team with a few seniors win with Lee or the new kid scoring a hatrick Then walk past BFS saying "how's the striker search going"
Even if Lee did score a hatrick, I have no doubt in my mind he wouldn't be kept in the squad and Sam would play Maiga or some other failure up top against Cardiff.

What's our likely line-up then?

Adrian

Potts
Chambers
McCartney
O'Brien

J.Cole
Collison
Taylor
(can't honestly think of anyone else that is in possible contention?)

Elliot Lee
Grays

Post by Grays »

Would like to see Chambers, Potts, Ruddock, Moncur, Whitehead, Lee, McCallum, Fanimo, Lletget all get a chance from the youths.
arlhe
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

Just spoken to a colleague, who's a Forest season ticket holder. He says none of the people he knows have bothered to buy tickets for the game and they'll be putting out their reserve team. He expects no atmosphere or interest at all from the Forest fans.

His exact words:-

All the season ticket holders around me and most of the guys I know are not going on Sunday so atmosphere wise it could end up being a damp squid. To be honest, unless Forest
a) draw Derby
b) draw one of the premier top six
c) it’s the last 16 or
d) get an attractive novel ‘day out’ at somewhere like York or Wrexham
then the fans aren’t that bothered. Sad, but that’s what the FA Cup has become…. 
Plus it’s on tv, plus it’s a ridiculous time on a Sunday, plus it’s likely to be two reserve sides! But hey!

Our U21s might just have a chance!
LincolnshireHammer

Any word on how many tickets we've sold for this?

Hopefully we'll make a racket regardless of how many we have up in Notts.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Grays wrote:Would like to see Chambers, Potts, Ruddock, Moncur, Whitehead, Lee, McCallum, Fanimo, Lletget all get a chance from the youths.
Why no Bywater?
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

arlhe wrote:Just spoken to a colleague

His exact words:-

damp squid
indeed
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1473 likes

Post by Aceface »

If no-one cares if we live or die in the cup this year, play the reserves, have four up front and tell them to just go for it from the first whistle. At least lets have a game finishing 4-5 than a 0-1
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Got replay written all over it :lol:
the polecat

Post by the polecat »

Hate to be a pedant, but the saying is "damp squib", not squid.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Lincolnshirehammer
We sold about 2500 just after xmas, wouldn't be surprised to see about 3000 up there come Sunday, a great turnout considering early kickoff no trains and a reserve team.
arlhe

Post by arlhe »

the polecat wrote:Hate to be a pedant, but the saying is "damp squib", not squid.
indeed. I'll point out the error of his ways!
arlhe

Post by arlhe »

I'm told the following two pubs are close by and happy with away fans 9presumably for a post not pre-match beer):-

If you want a drink I recommend The Stratford Haven. No problems who you support. Next door to the coop in West Bridgford.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB ... CC0QtQMwAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or the Larwood and Voce which is literally in the back Trent Bridge cricket ground and close to the away end.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB ... CCEQtQMwAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

arlhe wrote:I'm told the following two pubs are close by and happy with away fans 9presumably for a post not pre-match beer):-

If you want a drink I recommend The Stratford Haven. No problems who you support. Next door to the coop in West Bridgford.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB ... CC0QtQMwAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or the Larwood and Voce which is literally in the back Trent Bridge cricket ground and close to the away end.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB ... CCEQtQMwAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or for the other dirty bastards like me, Hooters :D
LincolnshireHammer

e10hammer wrote:Lincolnshirehammer
We sold about 2500 just after xmas, wouldn't be surprised to see about 3000 up there come Sunday, a great turnout considering early kickoff no trains and a reserve team.
Thanks mate. You're right, 3000 would be a brilliant turnout considering the circumstances.

By looking at the ticket office online, it would appear that there aren't many left.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

fingers crossed the river trent will burst its banks and we can get some newbies in for the rescheduled match
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

the polecat wrote:Hate to be a pedant, but the saying is "damp squib", not squid.
I dunno, I think the idea that it smells fishy and doesn't move much is pretty accurate.