West Ham Utd 1-3 Newcastle Utd (18/01/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 662 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Newcastle Utd: Match Thread

Post by bristolhammerfc »

For a start, I haven't banned Matt and we have exchanged PMs.

This forum is about debate not one line statements every five minutes. Oldham, I don't know who yanked your chain, but Matt doesn't need you to defend him.

We try and keep these threads for everyone to post rather than be dominated by one view or the other.

We do it for free and can't ignore anyone. We also have to read every post.

People are free to post what they want as long as it is within the forum rules that you all sign up to when you join

the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

Lee_WHU wrote:Nice to see the grown-ups understand Leon's point.
grow old gracefully

like f*ck :lol:
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

smuts wrote:
Nope....mind you Noble and Collison didn't see much of it either.
The team doesn't favour Morrison's style. He was in space looking for the ball and it goes long. He gets the ball and everyone is stood in the box looking for it to go long. We have no movement. Noble is just as good on the ball as Morrison, but neither can do anything other than pass it wide, long or back.
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

We should all for one game watch it together in a pub or at the actual game. Could you imagine the punch up? Be like the Royal Rumble. I doubt we would even make kick off. It would be fun though. :lol:
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Thought Woger was the better of our two centre halves today. Collins looked like he's just coming back from an injury, same for Carroll.

Good at least to see some players getting back to fitness. Reid and RVT can't come back quick enough though...
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

MD_HM wrote:How many of the 7 games Nolan has been suspended for has Morrison been played in his position behind the striker?

Funny that :D
So mentioned this before the game and again today prior to Carroll coming on Morrison was asked to sit deep and Diame given attacking duties.... I just don't understand Sam with Morrison, it's like he doesn't want him to perform.

He is much better further up the pitch but never seems to be used there.

Yet again today missing two open goals cost us....
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

the oldham stripper wrote:#leonrivers is an arselicker#

:lol:
this forum really has gone to ****.

The idiots have taken over.

I thought it was a place to come and share your support of west ham
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

HammerDownUnder wrote:Getting all huffed up over him seems pointless and rather pathetic.

And if Bristol has banned him it just goes to shows what this site has become :asleep:
HDU, but when a West Ham fan posts 20+ times in a current match thread sl*gging off the manager, players(Jarvis & Cole)...you think that's being reasonable.

As Dyer Leg said, difference of opinion no problem but to post 1000+ times in a week, litter every thread with the same old crap, its going OTT.

Not even the Pro-Sam fans out there, it puts EVERYONE off posting when a subject keeps getting 'kicked into your face' every minute on this forum.

Matt has been relentless over the past two weeks & he must have posted 1000+ times, basically sl*gging off West Ham & especially Allardyce
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

bristolhammerfc wrote:For a start, I haven't banned Matt and we have exchanged PMs.

This forum is about debate not one line statements every five minutes. Oldham, I don't know who yanked your chain, but Matt doesn't need you to defend him.

We try and keep these threads for everyone to post rather than be dominated by one view or the other.

We do it for free and can't ignore anyone. We also have to read every post.

People are free to post what they want as long as it is within the forum rules that you all sign up to when you join

don't apply to me I never signed anything & if I did it wouldn't have been in me own name :lol:
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Wil if his intention was to hijack the match thread then he has succeeded.
cliff99claret
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by cliff99claret »

Bspur dont be so sensitive this isnt a place to show your support for west ham, its a place to share your thoughts on west ham, and some people think our club and the way we play under our current manager isnt great, is that not ok.
Last edited by cliff99claret on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

cockney hammer wrote:i see a bloke once who had his hand cut off few weeks later i see him again and his hand was on again i said what happend

he said he won the appeal lol

Don't see many flashers with them fellahs :D
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

There was one moment in the second half when Morrison calmly took the ball, looked up, confidently did a drag back to unbalance his marker then gently rolled the ball into Daime's path, who then charged forward into a crowd and lost possession. Sums up the team at the moment - that - apart from one or two like Morrison (when in the mood), we lack class, intelligence and composure. This is a workman-like team with no spark. And one that has lost confidence.

Joe Cole is sadly bereft of ideas. Diame isn't interested and needs replacing. Collision is done. We badly need something different. Notwithstanding returning players, if we don't get a couple of quality new players in this window, I expect it'll be my 5th relegation.

Frustrating to watch.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Ding wrote:There was one moment in the second half when Morrison calmly took the ball, looked up, confidently did a drag back to unbalance his marker then gently rolled the ball into Daime's path, who then charged forward into a crowd and lost possession. Sums up the team at the moment - that - apart from one or two like Morrison (when in the mood), we lack class, intelligence and composure. This is a workman-like team with no spark. And one that has lost confidence.

Joe Cole is sadly bereft of ideas. Diame isn't interested and needs replacing. Collision is done. We badly need something different. Notwithstanding returning players, if we don't get a couple of quality new players in this window, I expect it'll be my 5th relegation.

Frustrating to watch.
We have some class, Downing, Noble, Carroll and ~reid and Morrison but too much chaff
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

I never thought I would say this but today oh to have had Kevin Nolan on the pitch, we produced enough havoc in their box for a fully functioning Nolan to have had a couple of goals.
I was really disappointed with the first have and honestly thought Roger had a season ticket he was guilty a few time of ball watching.
The second half performance highlighted for me just how much we missed Nolan today, This must now trigger the two Daves into positive transfer dealings they can see now that the team in midfield and defense needs strengthening and as strikers go we need someone to feed off Carroll he looked rusty but fair play he lifted the atmosphere when he came on.
Come on Daves be positive take the bull by the horns and sign someone and quick, time and winnable matches are running out
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1515 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I'd have brought on Maiga for Cole and left on Jarvis. If we're gonna be pinging in crosses then he might as well stay on. Whereas I thought Cole had no idea where to play when Carroll came on.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

I don't like this "eating our own" mentality by some on here when things start to go wrong.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde performance today. The first half really was abominable...my god what was that??! We looked utterly clueless.
Second half much better. Unlucky not to get something out of this one today but we dug ourselves too bigger hole. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....
Hurry back Winston Reid.
Tough time for Hammer fans. Keep the faith.
:crest:
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

I fully support the decision to give Matt a break. He was becoming obsessive, unfair, and extremely annoying. He also seems unable to take a hint.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
HDU, but when a West Ham fan posts 20+ times in a current match thread sl*gging off the manager, players(Jarvis & Cole)...you think that's being reasonable.

As Dyer Leg said, difference of opinion no problem but to post 1000+ times in a week, litter every thread with the same old crap, its going OTT.

Not even the Pro-Sam fans out there, it puts EVERYONE off posting when a subject keeps getting 'kicked into your face' every minute on this forum.

Matt has been relentless over the past two weeks & he must have posted 1000+ times, basically sl*gging off West Ham & especially Allardyce
Play the ball not the player, play the post not the poster......
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

I am gking with the previous post on here...

Lose today ... Makes way for us to upset chelski away ....

Today is done... BFS is staying... **** happens...

So now we all got to get behind the club the team and the manager... If there is any chance that we can stay up then that's the only way we are going to do it....

COYI