Arsenal 3-1 West Ham Utd (15/04/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Re: Arsenal V West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Played quite well i thought. Nocerino looked very classy, Demel picked up from his poor 1st half performance, Armero looked very capable and every else apart from Carroll and Downing did well.

On Carroll, he looked completely disinterested tonight...
Last edited by Faubert's Boot on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

We don't play Carroll correctly at all, he is better than we make him look.
Parksy
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Parksy »

Inspiring half time talk
Iron George

Post by Iron George »

Hayden wrote:Diame has some skill, but he is one of the most selfish players I've ever watched.

I'm sure I'll get shot for saying this on here but I'd be happier with us going in to next season with Nocerino than Diame.

I agree with you.

Diame shoots from distances that even Obinna wouldn't bother trying from and his ball retention has got to be amongst the worst in the team.
Last edited by Iron George on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Nocerino, Demel and Armero were the only ones who played well for me tonight. Diame can f*** off to Liverpool if he's gonna play like that. Carrol looked like Maiga and Downing looked like Boa Morte without the effort.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

You don't win many games in this league without the ability to string more than three passes together.
And it usually helps if you can have and keep possession of the ball for around 40% of the time.
And don't tell me that it was against Arsenal. West Ham play like that against Palace, Cardiff and Stoke too.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1034 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Welsh Iron wrote: Give a few examples please? Apart from skying a sitter into row z he didn't actually do much in fairness.
You'll see what you want to see. He was excellent in the first half. I support West Ham, so see all the good they do. If you look for players to moan about online you'll see only the bad. You were probably looking at Vaz Te's lack of commitment to his warm when Diame beat two players in the box and nearly set up a goal.

Change your mindset. Be a better person.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

We should be safe by then - but don't bet on it.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Turned up for a nice 40 mins of football then got bored. Gap between Carroll and midfield got huge second half, think the subs were needed about 10-15 mins before.

Nice first half, kept the ball well and used the wings positively, just didnt turn up for the second half.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

Hayden wrote:Diame has some skill, but he is one of the most selfish players I've ever watched.

I'm sure I'll get shot for saying this on here but I'd be happier with us going in to next season with Nocerino than Diame.
Overall, my season has been okay, although I think it is not up to last season. I started badly, but gradually I got my bearings.

"I don't hide it, I'm ambitious and I want to join a top-six side. I am 26 years old and it's time to take that step.

"I can't tell you if I will be a Liverpool player next season. But I think my name is still on their wanted list."

Looking at tonights performance Diame just isn't good enough to play in a top six side. Slow, cumbersome, selfish and lazy.. Get a deal done and send him packing.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Haha Arse have only come from behind twice this season to win !!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Not so sure about a few things tonight.

How much did the officials fall for the 'big club' syndrome? Jarvis was surely fouled in the penalty box, by Sagna and, even when we scored, one of their other defenders was kicking the same player - who had a decent enough game - in the face. Notcher got the softest booking too. I thought he was our MotM, in truth, too.

Have we set up the team wrong, or just made the wrong signings? Carroll was practically anonymous tonight and what the hell Downing was doing, I do not know. Those two were practically the sum total of our 'big match' signings for this season. It was a pretty poor showing from them both.

Tomkins, Demel, Noble, Nocerino, Jarvis &, to a degree, Adrian earnt their wages.

I do not know what Reid thought he was doing with Giroud, for their second. Seemed to me like he was clumsily trying to foul the bloke when clearing the ball looked a much better option.

What really grates is that we fought our way ahead (with a neat move directly into their danger area) and then seemed to pretty lazily reach for the self-destruct button.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by k-r-c »

I also dont think Carroll was kept quiet he was just a bit disinterested and never at the races.

Also Diame showed why he wont be going to his dream top 6 club.

Noccerino however gets a thumbs up for his performance.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Despite a bright start, a combination of a lot of poor individual performances prevailed.

Strangely, we looked miles off the pace during the 2nd half. I was thinking as long as we're still in the game come half time, we've got a good chance to get something as they'll tire.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Parksy wrote:Inspiring half time talk
To be fair, Downing done that for us. He done that for them.

I like Downing, I know he gets a lot of **** on here, but I do think he's a good player. Certainly not played well tonight. That mistake ****ed us up for half time, because they go in with the obvious mindset of coming out and keeping that up. We go in with the mindset of 'b*llocks'. Really think if we kept that 1-0 to half time, the nervy Arsenal would've come out.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:Nocerino, Demel and Armero were the only ones who played well for me tonight. Diame can **** off to Liverpool if he's gonna play like that. Carrol looked like Maiga and Downing looked like Boa Morte without the effort.
Good summary, but though Jarvis looked OK too.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3480 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Book your tickets - only £10 each - here: http://www.kumb.com/awards_live.php

All profits go to the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK.
Iron George

Post by Iron George »

Wilko1304 wrote:Turned up for a nice 40 mins of football then got bored. Gap between Carroll and midfield got huge second half, think the subs were needed about 10-15 mins before.

Nice first half, kept the ball well and used the wings positively, just didnt turn up for the second half.
Giving the first goal away when we did changed the whole complexion of the game.

They were about to walk off to a cacophony of boos when Downing gifted them the ball and the goal.

And all because a bloke on circa £3 million a year and an England international can't kick with his right foot.

Truly unbelievable.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

I do agree with the poster earlier about switching Jarvis and Downing to the other sides though.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3480 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Iron George wrote:They were about to walk off to a cacophony of boos when Downing gifted them the ball and the goal.
Yes. The key moment in the game.