Leicester City 2-1 West Ham Utd (04/04/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

saludo de carlitos

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Norwich Iron wrote:We lost again because we try to,play 1 up front, while offering him no support from an immobile midfield. If we are going to get turned over by every struggling side between now an May anyway, why can't we have 2 strikers and give Poyet a few games. Sam will never change, we won't progress until he is gone
Bang on
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

so ****ing pissed off about this..how can we..after a good 2 weeks rest..just give in like that?? f*** this **** i'm off to the local pubs!!
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Allardyce OUT.

I don't want to agree with you but I do. I can't stand Nolan anymore, he offers nothing. I'm not blaming this performance soley on him but it's actually like playing with 10 men. His legs have well and truly gone, he doesn't have a sprint in him.

Everything today was slow today passing, pressin we played it like a friendly match, James Vaddy ripped us apart in that second half with his pace, that was exactly what we needed. Someone to drag defenders all over the back line. The defenders must absolutely love playing against Nolan and Cole they're both so static.
Middx17

Post by Middx17 »

Looks like the players took notice of Fat Sam call of winning as many games as possible from now until the end of the season, beaten by bottom of the league, I think our players have joined the holiday season early.
Leicester clearly wanted it more, now lets give some of the fringe players a go, nothing to lose and at least they will have something to prove.
F.U.B.A.R.

Post by F.U.B.A.R. »

The quality wasn't there in the end... But the game had a similar feel to the away games against Burnley, Palace and Hull earlier in the season, we went for a win but this time came away with a loss!

Now we can debate whether that was a planned tactic or not.. Or whether you are happy with that or not!

I'm not complaining..
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

MrHammer73 wrote:Sam did not help not himself by building Leicester like they are Barcelona in his pre match quotes. So he was ready for a defeat. This is what grinds me...we are safe, they have not won for ages and this is a game we are going to lose.

It's the West Ham 'way'.

I thought Sam was going to change this?
He has, it's now Sam's way. Similar result, but achieving it in different ways.........
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

I find it funny how some of you are pleased that "we had a go" and "Settle" for this sort of performance.
Absolutely piss poor defending with an attack that's got less bite than a granny with her dentures out.
Substitutions, Awful! Line up, Awful! Since December, ****ing dreadful!
What a disappointing end to what looked like a very promising start.
Yet a lot of you will think its OK and that the sun Shine's out of the fat ones backside..
The lack backbone and ambition at this club is shocking..
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

We have just lost to the bottom team,we have 11 points from 14 games.
O'Briens Hair-Line

Post by O'Briens Hair-Line »

#SamIn
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Forget blaming Nolan - today Noble was a complete **** - the ridiculous lunge was where the goal came from right at a point in the match where we needed to keep our heads. True he should not have been in the team and he missed a golden chance in the first half, but at least he does't cost is games with lunges and stupid tackles in dangerous areas.
Neil Orr fan club

Post by Neil Orr fan club »

11 points from 12 league games in 2015 - pro rata = approx 34 points for the season

Relegation form
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

Puff Daddy wrote:... and what exactly did mark Noble contribute for us in that match ?
Thought he kept the ball well to be fair, sloppy mistake at the end but didn't really do a lot wrong. The individual performances were quite good it was just collectively as a team we didn't really show any attacking intent. Runs way from the ball, passing sideways when it should be worked forward and poor movement up front.

We couldn't get out of our half in the second half, sakho was isolated (yet again)
Pompey C&B

Post by Pompey C&B »

Just think how much **** we'd be in, if Sakho hadn't started the season the way he did :thdn:
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Feels like a question of motivation at the moment. Not saying its right, but its a big ask to get players fired up when there's nothing much to play for.[/quote]

Pride, professionalism, big ****ing wages, a chance to enhance their careers motivation, motivation is having to provide for your wife and kids these c**** should hang their heads in shame as well as Allerdici what a joke that **** is.
Last edited by 61dicksey on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowly
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Rowly »

wizzo_66 wrote:
To see a cracking game like that, very enjoyable.

Pissed off to high hell we've lost but seeing as we have very little to play for that was a bloody good game.
Exactly what I thought. Yes we had more than enough chances to kill them off and should have won the game by 2 or even 3 -1 but they are fighting for their lives and the crowd was right behind them all the way.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Puff Daddy wrote:... and what exactly did mark Noble contribute for us in that match ?
about as much as you contribute to this forum
mooro_1984

Post by mooro_1984 »

Can't believe the amount of people who are happy with that??

"Not a bad performance" "decent attacking football".

Must have been watching another game. Was ****ing dreadful!
F.U.B.A.R.

Post by F.U.B.A.R. »

Ticket 2 Ryde wrote:I find it funny how some of you are pleased that "we had a go" and "Settle" for this sort of performance.
Absolutely piss poor defending with an attack that's got less bite than a granny with her dentures out.
Substitutions, Awful! Line up, Awful! Since December, ****ing dreadful!
What a disappointing end to what looked like a very promising start.
Yet a lot of you will think its OK and that the sun Shine's out of the fat ones backside..
The lack backbone and ambition at this club is shocking..

I'm happy that we had a go... But I am far from an Allardyce fan.. My complaint is that we don't do it enough..

Today the quality wasn't there.. Not really a fault of the manager this time..
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

We are the Southampton of last season, mathematically safe, no fight, not bothered.

So disappointed in my team today.

And for most of 2015.
Neil Orr fan club

Post by Neil Orr fan club »

Sorry Oldun,,,Didnt go back beyond the start of the year

11 points from 14 games = below 30 points for the season, pro rata = a disgrace