Arsenal 0-2 West Ham Utd (09/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Re: Arsenal v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Modern »

That was ****ing great, well done West Ham.
Jinxed

Post by Jinxed »

Billydinho wrote:Can you all **** up whinging now and get behind the team?
I was never not going to get behind the team

Just frustrated, we're 2 quality players away from having a proper squad just 2

Don't let this fall by the wayside Dave's please, go and do it show us you really mean it.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

What I also liked was the sight of our manager, dressed correctly, not looking like a ****ing scarecrow and directing operations from the sidelines and not slumped back in is seat, chewing gum
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Feel like I got my West Ham mojo back today after two seasons which I couldn't get fully enthused about even when the odd good result occurred. Turned a corner and has a feel of positive times ahead.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Satisfactory performance.

And by that it mean ITS ****ing BRILLIANT. THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 397 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Am so very pleased for Bilic.........Oxford looks a potential Rolls Royce, Payet is our Hazard and we strung more meaningful passes and closed down more players with purpose than I've seen for ages.
To all those "careful what you wish for" pundits, that looked ever so close to "The West Ham way" to me :D
DjBelz

Post by DjBelz »

you can make a case for probably 9 of the 11 for MOM, but for me Kouyate was MOTM on the day... not just for the key moment of the match, but everything good going forward inevitably started with his tackling, vision and our ability to drive forward. and he did more than his fair share defensively. what a key player he is for us and only getting better I believe.

agree with Slav - the second half was particularly special - we grew into that match as it went on. In Ogbonna and Reid we have a gem pairing back there too. Never been more confident with the back 5 as they stand now.
BALAGE The Hungarian

Post by BALAGE The Hungarian »

After the next 2 games we need to be on top of the league . Leicester and Bournemouth home. :scarfer:
DjBelz

Post by DjBelz »

Puff Daddy wrote:What I also liked was the sight of our manager, dressed correctly, not looking like a ****ing scarecrow and directing operations from the sidelines and not slumped back in is seat, chewing gum
I agree with nearly all of that, although to be fair you can call Allardyce many things, but a scarecrow is probably not the best of metaphors for the Fat ****
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Puff Daddy wrote:What I also liked was the sight of our manager, dressed correctly, not looking like a ****ing scarecrow and directing operations from the sidelines and not slumped back in is seat, chewing gum
Had same thoughts watching the game. Bilic looked interested throughout and the knot of his tie was neck not gut level.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

Superb performance and so cool like our manager.

For once I did not have to hide behind the sofa when we 2-0 up as we so calm and collected.

A couple of more players to add to the squad and we will have a good season for sure.
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

Adian MOTM for me, but its a tough one to call! :crest:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Great result, great tactics, great team performance and great goals.

This result made me a happy bunny and I get to rub some of my gooner mates noses in it for a change.

Nice one Slaven and the boys.
EastEnd Exile

Post by EastEnd Exile »

But Billydinho is right. The last few days of on-line stress have not been fun for many WH fans to read. I am not gonna score cheap points by dragging up some of the negative, derogatory comments that have been posted here in the last week but it has not been pretty!!

Let's rise above that people! Please just get behind the team, the manager and the Owners. Nothing is ever perfect (but today is close).

Feel the love
Bavarian_Hammer
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Bavarian_Hammer »

Iron Spine v2.0 wrote:Reid SKY MOTM?

Must be because the only way West Ham got a result was because they had to luckily defend wave after wave of glorious unlucky Arsenal football.

Pfft Oxford all day long, SKY don't know their arse from their elbows.
Agree, Oxford was massive today - as was the whole team. He would have deserved the MOTM award but maybe it's better for him and us he start building his reputation rather slowly. The English press likes to hype young players after a few good performances which can be counter productive as they get slated as soon as they have a dip in form. I'm quite certain he'll have plenty more opportunities to get the award.
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

Mayday wrote: You sad man.

If that's your attitude why do you follow football at all, especially us.

Go and find a post where i am every critical of the team or the players.

I spend 90% of my time on here supporting Nolan and Cole , Collins etc etc.

If we arent even going to try and win something then why bother., if today effort is just 3 more points in our quest to finish 17th what is the point.

Today was fantastic but we arent going to win the league we arent going to qualify for the Champions league everything is set up against us to do that , our good players will just be bought if we are ever in that position.

So why is is it sad to ask of a team that you don't expect to win anything just to have a go and try to give it their best , we didnt do that on Thursday and i am disappointed.
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal abuse removed
TSmitty
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by TSmitty »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am so so so glad we've seen the back of that fat slob.
Everybody did great. Too much to write.
For those that went, how good must you be feeling now, I can't imagine.
This is all I want just go out there and give it your best shot, we're not gonna win em all but try.

:scarfer:
Welling

Post by Welling »

Discobar wrote:Satisfactory performance.

And by that it mean ITS ****ing BRILLIANT. THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
I take it that you're a virgin? :wink:
ChikinRun
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by ChikinRun »

How bloody good does this feel? Loved the way we worked, pressed. Reece take a bow, Dimitri, take a bow, Nobes, after taking on that early yellow pressure, take a bow, Kouyate, Adrian, Mauro, great work son, Tommo, Winston, Ogbonna, all of yers, take a bow. If there was ever a more perfect prompt to the Daves to build on this excellent nucleus, I'd be happy to see it. Don't waste this opportunity.... Over to the transfer thread....
Just a brilliant feeling right now....one of them West Ham moments that raise you up.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

DjBelz wrote:you can make a case for probably 9 of the 11 for MOM, but for me Kouyate was MOTM on the day... not just for the key moment of the match, but everything good going forward inevitably started with his tackling, vision and our ability to drive forward. and he did more than his fair share defensively. what a key player he is for us and only getting better I believe.

agree with Slav - the second half was particularly special - we grew into that match as it went on. In Ogbonna and Reid we have a gem pairing back there too. Never been more confident with the back 5 as they stand now.
And we have the Gooner Jenkinson to improve that backline coming back next game, Tomkins did really well but he is no right back , kudos to those tracking back and helping out today Kouyate was my MotM watched him closely all game and everything he did was superb.