West Ham Utd 3-4 AFC Bournemouth (22/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

BMU.WIC

Re: West Ham Utd v AFC Bournemouth: match thread

Post by BMU.WIC »

swash wrote: Yep it's all Nolans fault that we can't defend
As far as I knew, he was up the other end of the pitch...

I'll be the first to **** off Nolan but today, he's done nothing wrong in relation to his role in the hole behind Sakho.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Awful truly awful I fear for us this season because after Song joins all we got to look forward to is a washed up journeyman on a free or a young unproven foreign striker on loan.Why did we spend £8m on a defender who isn't even as good as Tomkins?
TomIrons

Post by TomIrons »

This is horrible to watch. We're making them look like Barcelona and they could easily be 0-4 up by now.

This isn't 'knicker-wetting' or 'doom mongering', we have been so terrible in every department except Payet, Obiang and ironically, Randolph.

Just like vs. Leicester, if they have a player down the flank on the overlap it works and leads to a goal scoring chance 100% of the time.

Is JOB on the bench?!
Last edited by TomIrons on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

61dicksey wrote:Just seen a re rin pf the goals Creswell should have just put the first on row Z the secod was keystone cops Cresswell again , safety first young man.
Exactly, Bournemouth have done very little to get the 2 goals. That aside though, we really aren't playing well, too deep, Nolan and noble have touched the ball twice each
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 282 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

We are going to have to put emphasis on signing some full backs rather than strikers in the next week or so based on the total pile of c#@p we have just witnessed.

Signs are worrying based on the Leicester game and this one.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

This is definitely Avram style. Trying to be technicians in defensive situations that don't suit it. Open in all areas.

Granted (no pun intended) the manager has been sailed down the river by the board, but this is depressing. Two games in a row now I've seen Reid look like a Championship defender.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Mega Ron wrote:I haven't been able to watch the game but I bet we have no width.

The fullbacks therefore are being asked to do too much and failing to either defend or attack properly?
No width hence they bomb down our wings at will nothing stopping them nothing.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

What I don't understand is that at Arsenal when they were attacking, which was a lot, the defense looked calm, collected and dealt with everything they threw at us in their stride. Every time Leicester and more so now Bournemouth attack it's all hands to panic stations and running around without heads. WTF happened?
Wembley1966
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

BMU.WIC

Post by BMU.WIC »

Hammer83 wrote:Awful truly awful I fear for us this season because after Song joins all we got to look forward to is a washed up journeyman on a free or a young unproven foreign striker on loan.Why did we spend £8m on a defender who isn't even as good as Tomkins?
Inflation... bang average Championship players going for £8 mill these days. £8m is the new £3m.
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Bring back Jordan Spence.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

To be honest, I've never much liked the diamond. Too narrow. We should be playing 4.2.3.1, and I'm suprised we're not with it being the system Bilic played with all last season. Nolan or Noble needs to come off for Lanzini or Jarvis.

The truth is though that Bournemouth look like they want this a lot more than we do. They're first to everything. Reminds me of the Southampton game around this time last season.
artlin

Post by artlin »

MrHammer73 wrote:All the media whores will be licking their lips & salivating over the 'be careful what you wish for' comment after this performance.
not just the media whores. :wink:
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

Italian Hammer wrote:We are going to have to put emphasis on signing some full backs rather than strikers in the next week or so based on the total pile of c#@p we have just witnessed.

Signs are worrying based on the Leicester game and this one.
Don't be stupid, that is s complete knee jerk reaction
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

So we need a striker do we? What for exactly sure we play that narrow we create f*** all anyway. I don't think Bilic has a clue how to control a game especially when you're at home and have to take the initiative.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Mega Ron wrote:I haven't been able to watch the game but I bet we have no width.

The fullbacks therefore are being asked to do too much and failing to either defend or attack properly?
Somewhat.
Also, well, they aren't very good defenders. Even last season we had to choose whether to be conservative and protect their weakness or open up and take chances. Bilic wants to play open and trust the FB to defend their position, and neither Cresswell nor Jenkinson (but particularly Cresswell) look capable of defending their position without help.

Neither goal was something where a winger would have helped. Creswell simply played a level of defense that would make a League 1 LB embarrassed.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

What's Aaron Cresswell playing at, and Jenkinson isn't much better, seems only Kouyate is putting in a decent shift. Randolph not at fault and a very respectable save. Dreadful stuff, real dreadful stuff.

Reckon this is another one lost in the first half.
Hammer83
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

My greatest fear is Hugh Jargon creating a relegation thread after this please don't do it pardon?
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Lessons not learnt from last week, going to be a frustrating half of time-wasting now
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Jumby wrote:On the back of a sh*t display for England U'21's and commiting his future to Arsenal we go and take the cheap option of having him on loan again, dogsh*t
And yet 250 pages (give or take) are devoted to objections that loaned him instead of spending 8m on him.

Maybe it's a ploy to devalue him before next summer's transfer window.