Manchester City 1-2 West Ham Utd (19/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Manchester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Yea Why Not »

Simply Moore wrote:
To be fair, they are half right. Navas is indeed rubbish and De Bruyne is indeed good.
So we wasn't wasting time then? :D

The ref called it straight down the middle for me. Fans of the big clubs probably feel aggrieved when that happens
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

It may be due to the copious amounts of beer I've had since 5.30 tonight but I filled up a bit reading these post match posts.

It's nights like tonight that make me so proud to be in a minority and to being a Hammer. :crest:
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

I was loving it till we went two up. I spent the rest of the game watching through my fingers from behind the sofa! So very proud of a team who were second best as individuals but who have been turned into winners by great tactics and immensely hard work. We have waited years for a well run club playing attractive football. I can see the promised land!!! Top support as well !
malac

Post by malac »

Nothing wrong with dreams, the dreams are your best drive: Slaven Bilic, 19/09/15. This man, I love.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I've been trying to post for an hour or so, but the "grit" in my eyes has prevented me.
3 wins away from home on the trot ?
Against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man.City >
I don't think we're in Kansas, Toto.
Bonus

Post by Bonus »

Overjoyed and so so proud of the lads. COYI :crest:
leyton Hammer
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by leyton Hammer »

Fantastic result, Adrian, Noble & Reid magnificent, loved the fact Billic took off a midfielder for a striker (Jelavic) when we were hanging on! (wanted Bielsa for this reason) , also top respect to Pelegrini for his gracious interview and finally Billic, wow, ****ing wow, love everything about him, classy and easy on the ear unlike Sam, who by the way, this is the Fu*king West Ham way. COYI
Watford Hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Watford Hammer »

Watched the first half in disbelief although their goal was inevitable before the break.
Ashamed to say I couldn't bear to watch the second half so went and cooked the tea - there, I've said it.
Had plenty to drink though and the boys were watching and promised to tell call me in if anything happened.
Can't wipe the grin off my face now and apparently the curry was a bit spicier than I normally do it.
Nick_
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Nick_ »

Time wasting is cheating but having a single player who cost more than the opposition's entire team is all fair?

Great day.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Yea Why Not wrote:What a class act Pelegrini is. Listening to his and Billic's interviews after the game was a breath of fresh air
Those two are so much classier than the Jeremy Kyle like bickering of Mourinho and Wenger.

An excellent performance from the team all round, they held their shape well for all the game and were always a threat on the counter. I noticed how much running Sakho did for the side and even how well Jelly played when he came on, holding up the ball and tracking back. A good defensive display from all of the team and well taken goals too.

Btjim - top chap.
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

Better players=better results.
We are dangerous as f***, I can't believe it. Please push it and push it with this group, upset the money bag apple cart as much as we can. Break out of our mould of being plucky trying losers. Times are changing for us. The right management and guidence could see this wealth of talent and winning mindset stick for the first time in our history. We've had it all before but blown it. Now is our time and f*** me we've had to go through some **** to reach this cusp.
COYFI :scarfer:
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I've just speed read the post match thread on the Blue Moon Forum.

The overwhelming majority view is Navas is rubbish, De Bruyne is good, we were cheating timewasters and the ref was giving us everything.
I've just ploughed through that lot too and the Citeh West ham love-in is in limited supply :lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Porkeyes wrote:Better players=better results.
We are dangerous as ****, I can't believe it. Please push it and push it with this group, upset the money bag apple cart as much as we can. Break out of our mould of being plucky trying losers. Times are changing for us. The right management and guidence could see this wealth of talent and winning mindset stick for the first time in our history. We've had it all before but blown it. Now is our time and **** me we've had to go through some **** to reach this cusp.
COYFI :scarfer:

You can say that again !
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

So that is what can happen if you go to Man City and actually try to win from the outset!

Amazing gritty determind defending in the 2nd half but some lovely football in the first too. Reid absolutely back to his best, Tomkins and Collins when called upon were solid too.

Much better from Cressy and Junks going forward although both still got caught out in terms of defending.

Tough for Noble and Obiang in there against the likes of Toure. Think they really missed the help of Kouyate and although they huffed and puffed, the quality wasn't really there today.

A lot of positives from Moses Lanzini Payet and Sakho in the first half an hour but naturally they didn't see as much of the ball after we went two goals up. Work rate and positivity were constant though.

Jelavic did a job when he came on. Antonio looked like a fish out of water but that was a very tough game to go into and a very tough time to go into it. He will be fine for us.

So much for the TurkHammer assessment that we struggle to score goals... Top scorers in the league with 2 or more in every match!

Buzzing right now, great times!
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:scarfer:
Last edited by Irish Iron on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Great result! My 3 boys are now bearing the fruits of sticking with us through the lean times. Cheers Slav and the board for these enjoyable days!! :scarfer:
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

The player revolt a couple of weeks back all looks rather silly right now

If we can build from this, we might just be about to have an amazing season
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

clawhammer wrote:I was loving it till we went two up. I spent the rest of the game watching through my fingers from behind the sofa! So very proud of a team who were second best as individuals but who have been turned into winners by great tactics and immensely hard work. We have waited years for a well run club playing attractive football. I can see the promised land!!! Top support as well !

i can do better than that , the last 30 mins i hid upstairs , praying for us to hold out .......
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I predicted we would beat Man City 0-1 today because having seen our performances against Arsenal and Liverpool I could see that we have a fit , well drilled side who can actually play - that and I could never predict a loss .
Two silly home losses has cost us Top Spot today but hey , I'll settle for a Champions League spot . :)

Brilliant performance , lads , that was some goal by Victor and the second was well fought for - yes we were under the cosh for most of the second half but we're a much better side at defending now , we're set up better and it looks like we're fitter and while Man City had most of the ball , like Arsenal they couldn't do much with it against us .
It's not all about defending though is it , we have players who can run with the ball , players who can beat their man and players who can score , it's a very well balanced Squad of players .

I haven't felt this confident since 1985/86 .
Welling

Post by Welling »

Fantastic performance and result. Only 28 points from safety now!

We're obviously going to lose the odd game, but with this set of players, manager and general attitude, we should fear no one in this division and approach every game as such. I believe that there is much more to come from this squad and the future looks bright.

And to make today even sweeter, Millwall lost at home again! :)