Crystal Palace 1-3 West Ham Utd (17/10/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2686 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Re: Palace Away

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Stepney wrote:
I think you will probably getter better odds than me!
Where do I get these odds from , Stepney ? :)
Norwegian Hammer
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Norwegian Hammer »

really looking forward to this one, and very happy that i have tickets as well :scarfer:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

We need to be mindful of Zaha's diving antics. The number of penalties Palace get due his antics, is now bordering on the obscene. Apparently, he practices this in training. For this reason alone, I would not play into their hands by making this easier for them by playing Jenks and Noble, who are likely to present him with an opportunity to do s and he will need no second invitation
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2686 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Puff Daddy wrote:We need to be mindful of Zaha's diving antics. The number of penalties Palace get due his antics, is now bordering on the obscene. Apparently, he practices this in training. For this reason alone, I would not play into their hands by making this easier for them by playing Jenks and Noble, who are likely to present him with an opportunity to do s and he will need no second invitation

An excellent point - he did that a few times last Saturday - should be reported to the FA .
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Two very similar sides in both style and quality

I can picture it now... "you have the ball",... "no, you have the ball"
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Palace from the East End couldn't be an easier journey...over ground from Whitechapel, takes about 35 minutes, then a short walk from Norwood Junction.

There is a pub or two close to that station, but a nicer one if, instead of turning left for the ground, from NJ, you go right.

There are better places again up in Upper Norwood, but that's two bus rides from there.

The intrepid explorer might however get the rail link from Blackfriars to Tulse Hill and sample the 2 good pubs there, before jumping on a 468 and riding to a stop a spit's distance from the away stand. If you do, pm me and SE27's West Ham fanbase will share a beer with ya.

West Bron were truly terrible against Palace last week and withdrew Berahino at halftime. Try played for the point and barely tried to attack.

Zaha isn't any mor prone to diving than any other forward, imo, but he seems to cause confusion by not really knowing what he's going to do once in dangerous positions.
jammys78
Total likes: 1 like

Post by jammys78 »

Will many be drinking around London Bridge for this one ? pretty sure you can get direct the palace on the Victoria line from there
the polecat

Post by the polecat »

Providing it isn't raining cats and dogs, I'll be attempting the Bermondsey beer mile before the game and then catching a train from London Bridge to Norwood Junction. Note, Millwall are home to Swindon.

jammys78 wrote:Will many be drinking around London Bridge for this one ? pretty sure you can get direct the palace on the Victoria line from there
You can get to Crystal Palace station from London Bridge, on a service that goes on a loop around South London to Victoria, but you'd still be 2 (short) bus-rides from Selhurst Park.

Norwood Junction and Selhurst are the rail stations within walking distance.
FrankieMacsPerm
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by FrankieMacsPerm »

[quote="prophet:marginal"]

The intrepid explorer might however get the rail link from Blackfriars to Tulse Hill and sample the 2 good pubs there, before jumping on a 468 and riding to a stop a spit's distance from the away stand. If you do, pm me and SE27's West Ham fanbase will share a beer with ya./quote]

I've a ticket in the Palace end, in the main stand lounge, as my boss is a Palace fan, taking Mrs FMP who on every attendance to see the mighty Hammers home and away has seen us score 3 goals each time!! Been 5 times!!

SE27?... West Norwood?.... I live up the hill in SE19 (Upper Norwood) so id be going away from the ground, where do you normally go for a drink to watch the Hammers on TV?

Will probably go to the Spoons nr Thornton Heath for a couple before going into the ground and sampling the beers in the Selhurst lounge!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Jubilee line to Canada Water then Overground to Norwood Junction.

Easy !
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

South of the river .

Never nice .

FrankieMacsPerm wrote:

I've a ticket in the Palace end, in the main stand lounge, as my boss is a Palace fan, taking Mrs FMP who on every attendance to see the mighty Hammers home and away has seen us score 3 goals each time!! Been 5 times!!

SE27?... West Norwood?.... I live up the hill in SE19 (Upper Norwood) so id be going away from the ground, where do you normally go for a drink to watch the Hammers on TV?

Will probably go to the Spoons nr Thornton Heath for a couple before going into the ground and sampling the beers in the Selhurst lounge!
If I go down the pub, it's The Hope I'd choose. I swerve the Chelsea haunt, at The Horns Tavern.

However, my knowledge of Palace arises out of watching them with a mate with a Sky box... and I do that because I can then watch with him when The Irons are on!
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1335 likes
Total likes: 796 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

I'm worried about this one. I think they have their act together more than we do, and Zaha against Cresswell could be a nightmare.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

The times we have been under the cosh for long periods is down to the make up of the midfield The latest ensemble is Noble,Kayoute,Lanzini, Payet and Moses...Now there arent enough from that five who can get tight to the opposing attackers and control the game..... I think a better balance would be achieved by replacing either Lanzini or Moses with Obiang, for this game at least.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

out my door cross cross the road get on the train at canonbury to norwood junction easy peasy
beckton

Post by beckton »

prophet:marginal wrote: Norwood Junction and Selhurst are the rail stations within walking distance.

and Thornton Heath.
Prawn

Re: Crystal Palace vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Prawn »

RIP Aaron and Carl
irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

^^^^

i am sure news of their demise is exaggerated...

They were left too exposed during the early games.....the manager has sorted it now. They are fairly good full backs...
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Zaha and Bolasie are all tricks, no end product. The most they'll get is a penalty after a dive.