Chelsea 2-2 West Ham Utd (19/03/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Re: Chelsea v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by dodger »

kenthammer1984 wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That replay very clearly shows it. Never been so angry at a result I would have happily taken before kick-off.
Last edited by dodger on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ireland hammer

Post by ireland hammer »

poxy f kin ...ts no way was that a pen he tripped himself :x great display though well done the hammers ,
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

Anyone got a video of that Nolan tackle on that snide Fabregas last year. :thdn:
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Scratchy wrote: :lol:

I'm as livid as anyone but come on now, that's a straight up tantrum
I'm sick mate

It's one thing going up to Manchester and getting done over, still a great day out

But having to be amongst this **** mob and getting robbed like that, especially when you knew it was coming leaves a bad taste
Norwich Iron
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Norwich Iron »

Sooo disappointing at hte end, but we played so well and were by far the better team over 90 minutes. Who would have thought any of us could be saying that this season..

I always thought Top 4 was unlikely but 5th is do-able and ours to lose and we go another game without a defeat.

I still think we will get to the cup final and that and 5th place, would be a season to shout about wouldn't it?

Cheer up guys, West.Ham didn't let us down today and we still have Arsenal to turn over at the Boleyn, but first bring on Palarse. COYI :scarfer:
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

the celestial insect wrote:I have a feeling Terry will be going all out. Could it be his last game against us (if he goes overseas)?

We're in form, but there is a lot of potential quality in that Chelsea line up. 2-2.
Got it right for once, but galling.

I hope Bilic uses this and the Man U result to build up a positive sense of putting right injustices, rather than letting them get down about what should have been two victories.
Last edited by the celestial insect on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Refreshing to see The rent boys teaching the art of cheating to the young uns
Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Bergen Hammer »

I am ****ing fuming :x

Cheated on both goals with plenty of chances to get a third.

Proud of the boys, but my God how dissapointed I am!

c****, the lot of them
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Makes you think about stopping watching as its not worth the emotional upheaval. Aka I'm ****** off :thdn:
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bypassing swear filter
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

What’s needed is for some sport channel to probably analyse the ref’s performance and call it like the paying football fan does.

Unfortunately it won’t happen because they all have their heads in the trough.

That’s why they get away with it.

Look how long FIFA got away with it while every paying fan across the world knew what was going on.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I don't even want to think about football right now.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Hi all,

was fuming and angry too but getting a bit calmer now. it was not the penalty decision that annoyed me so much as he may not have seen it well it was more the constant fouling of our players and not getting a free kick.

Was no official watching the cheating free kick first half?

Poor refereeing and my wife (who is involved with welfare at her boys football) club reckons they can report poor refereeing to the Somerset FA. It would not help us but i'm sure someone watches the referee and does a report. This should be shown to the paying public so we know if the ref is deedmed poor and should be demoted.

I truly asked myself if he was bent during game but now realise he just had a very bad game and was easily swayed by supposed big club syndrome.

Anyway, on a positive note. 4 points from (a good) Chelsea and feeling angry its not 6. Absolutely no team to fear (doesn't mean we will win em all). Undefeated for goodness knows how long and a very very warm feeling I have not experienced since 1986. (I went to watch us lose 2-1 by the way at home soon after winning 4-0 at their place).

Onwards and upwards :crest:
Graza

Post by Graza »

kenthammer1984 wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FFS.

Gutting to have this sort of decision against us, especially after last week.

Would have take it before kick off, but the circumstances make it disappointing.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

defnately time for video referee for these type of decisions,and it should be used only for disputed penalties and doubtful red cards. It is the 21st century and we rely on one half blnd twat who is mostly swayed by player and crowd pressure.
Disgusting in a game of £ billions.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

First game on MOTD.

Interesting to see how biased the punditry is..
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

It was a bad decision but Antonio's legs were very close and at normal speed you can see why the ref thought it was a penalty. Watching it real time on TV I thought it was a penalty.

I think you always going to be vulnerable in that situation when you run across players like Antonio did there. He actually did it again in the last few minutes of the game.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

I'm going for a walk... Mother Nature can be tough but she's honest..... :crest:
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

Just found this on Madley's wikipedia page.. It helped me get over the draw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Madley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

On the 19th of March 2016 Madley was awarded the Outstanding Contribution to Dire Refereeing Award at the Brits for, what critics called, "the single-handed most biased and useless officiating in a Premier League match". The award was presented by Guus Hiddink. Hiddink also presented Madley with a brown envelope containing £10,000, 2 grams of cocaine and a Specsavers voucher.

Madley was quoted as saying "I'm delighted with the award. I really tried my hardest to gift Chelsea as many fouls and decisions they didn't deserve and I'm ecstatic my hard work paid off. I mean, obviously rewarding a penalty for someone tripping themselves up 2 yards outside of the box could have aroused suspicion but I had Chelsea in my acca. Up the Renties!"

Madley then exited the ceremony on a dragon that shot laser beams out of it's eyes and ****.
Last edited by The Green Man on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

61dicksey wrote:defnately time for video referee for these type of decisions,and it should be used only for disputed penalties and doubtful red cards. It is the 21st century and we rely on one half blnd twat who is mostly swayed by player and crowd pressure.
Disgusting in a game of £ billions.
I think you're right really. I don't see why the referee can't call for a third umpire type view when it's that tight. In many cases it would be inconclusive but today it would have reversed a bad decision
New Jersey
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by New Jersey »

I think Noble should have taken more control in midfield. Obiang should have been on earlier. Chelsea did threaten, but it's a choker to lose the lead on such a bad call.

With a bit of luck we would have been done and dusted with a two goal cushion. The move when Cresswell should have scored in the first half was brilliant.

Think it shows how far we've come when we are disappointed with draws at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford. We've only lost six games out of 30, not many would have imagined that at the start of the season.