West Ham Utd 3-2 Manchester Utd (10/05/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Re: West Ham United V Manchester United: Match Thread

Post by ageing hammer »

Well we ain't gonna come fourth with this Moses now anyway. :x
Neil Orr fan club

Post by Neil Orr fan club »

Has become an absolutely massive game for Manure now...........
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

KernowHammer8 wrote:I think Byram needs to come in. Probably not going to have to deal with Martial which is a plus. Tomkins in because while I rate Ogbonna highly and there was no protection on Saturday, he just had a shocker from letting Ayew run past him to missing an open goal. Get Tomkins in at centre back, academy player for last game at BG. Obiang in to protect and gain a foot hold of this game before we introuduce Lanzini from the bench. Gives Kouyate more freedom to get in the final third. Antonio up the pitch - Borthwick-Jackson or Rojo at left back and I fancy him to steam roll either of them all night. Payet to start with after a kick up the arse. Since he played for France he's been dissapointing despite some great free kicks. Protecting himself for the Euro's and not trying to go past players like he used to and some quite selfish play. Come on Dimi, the stage is set for you to light up the last game at the Boleyn. Finally, Sakho in. As we saw in the cup game, United easily had AC's number.

Lanzini and Carroll great options to make an impact off the bench. I'd love to see Samuelson get a cameo if possible too. Rather that than Emineke or Moses.

-------------------------------------Randolph
------Byram---------Tomkins------------Reid--------Cresswell
--------------------------------------Obiang
------------------------Kouyate--------------Noble
--Antonio--------------------------------------------------Payet
----------------------------------Sakho
I would use a similar lineup, but with ogbonna instead of Reid.
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

Neil Orr fan club wrote:Has become an absolutely massive game for Manure now...........
And it still is for us, in a season of 'fairytales' let's hope we can get ours.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

People putting Byram in their starting 11's must be bonkers. Bilic has played a winger over him even when he was fit. The only person coming in at RB would be Tomkins and even then, i don't think he will.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:People putting Byram in their starting 11's must be bonkers. Bilic has played a winger over him even when he was fit. The only person coming in at RB would be Tomkins and even then, i don't think he will.
Neither do I and if you want my true and honest opinion, I don't think Bilic actually rates Byram very much. As for Tomkins, he doesn't fit the role either, his natural defensive instincts are to come inside, ,but we might have no other option
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Neither do I and if you want my true and honest opinion, I don't think Bilic actually rates Byram very much. As for Tomkins, he doesn't fit the role either, his natural defensive instincts are to come inside, ,but we might have no other option
I'm not sure if Bilic rates him or not, i'd like to think he'd get a bit more of a chance to show what he can do before he made his mind up. Being honest, other than the City game, where he played well, i don't think he has impressed when he's played. Still hoping he gets more chances to show what he can do, he's young and will improve given the chance.
woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by woodywoody »

If we play the same line up we will be odds on too loose....I agree that Antonio needs to be pushed up as he gives better protection to the right back than anyone has him....Man u will work that wing and we will play straight in to there hands....As for up front we need pace to start and not let them dictate the game playing from the back too comfortably as they like.
We certainly have left it late to claim a bit of fame (Euro) instead of being comfortable.
Major major game for our last ever game at the Boleyn and we owe them for knocking us out the cup so if we ain't up for this we may as well take up tiddly winks.
So Please come good WEST HAM.
johnnyb
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

I would absolutely hate it if Shrek became the last scorer of a winning goal at the Boleyn. It would sour an otherwise mostly great season.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

-----------------Randolph
Tomkins---Reid---Ogbonna---Cresswell
--------------Kouyate---Noble
------------------Lanzini
Antonio---------Sakho--------------Payet
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

Birthday goal for Emenike?
BMLGirl
Has liked: 186 likes
Total likes: 67 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

Puff Daddy wrote: Neither do I and if you want my true and honest opinion, I don't think Bilic actually rates Byram very much
Agree, he made a comment when Byram was banned about how he didn't understand how someone like him could already be on 10 yellows. Byram obviously wasn't a Bilic signing - I think he has a lot to learn at this level and at the moment would be a liability - when he has played he constantly had his hands/arms all over the oppo - I can see how he got so many yellows. Byram is not the answer.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

BMLGirl wrote:Byram obviously wasn't a Bilic signing - I think he has a lot to learn at this level and at the moment would be a liability - when he has played he constantly had his hands/arms all over the oppo - I can see how he got so many yellows. Byram is not the answer.
Why did we bother signing him? :?
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1784 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I'm so ready for this game. Even if we lose 5-0, we show our support until the end and show the watching world just how good our support is. All the negative rubbish on this thread is just ridiculous, this is the last match at the Boleyn, win or lose, we make this place a cauldron on Tuesday
Logarithm
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Logarithm »

If Antonio plays RB then we need Obiang in midfield to cover him and maybe Kouyate on the wing the help when Man U double up.
Last time Martial and Rashford made mince meat of Antonio.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

hammers92 wrote:I'm so ready for this game. Even if we lose 5-0, we show our support until the end and show the watching world just how good our support is. All the negative rubbish on this thread is just ridiculous, this is the last match at the Boleyn, win or lose, we make this place a cauldron on Tuesday
I did not want to post on this thread, but you have conveyed my feelings perfectly. As the days count down to the final day, I really no longer care if we qualify for Europe or not. A major part of my life is being taken away and playing Dinamo Shitski in the Europa Cup will be no conciliation. We can worry about that when we "move to the next level" copyright K Brady.

Enjoy or mourn the last game, you will never get that chance again.
arlhe
Has liked: 241 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

I've waited a day before posting. Spent a great afternoon with fellow Hammers at a BBQ with just the odd Spurs fan to laugh at.

ManU are flying, they worked us out to a tee in the cup replay, they have a lot to play for and they have a great squad that can fit in with the needs of the specific circumstances.

We are on a low and played abysmally, CL is over and we might not get in the Euro thing what ever happens, Finally we will probably lose at Stoke.

1-0 win (an outcome I have not really believed was likely for some considerable time).
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

The loss of form of Jenkinson and subsequent injury earlier this season has its consequences.

We've been exploited by wingers two matches is a row now. First the youngster from West Brom - forget his name but he was brilliant, then again on Sat versus Swansea.

Antonio is fantastic and it is unfair for any of us to criticize the performance of a RW being asked to fill in as RB. So what are we left with?

1. Byram. Don't think so - far too grabby and is a liability for a red.Kindest thing to say is that he needs time to develop.
2. Tomkins? Don't know.
3. JOB? Don't know. Saw him for half an hour when he came on as a sub and he looked good, but obviously Slav sees things we don't.
4. Antonio? Don't know. Is great man-to-man but obviously has not had a decent length of time to work on his positioning and marking zones rather than just man-for-man.

We may as well ask Lanzini or Moses to fill in at RB - would probably do as well as Antonio if we were very, very lucky.

Do we go for 3 CB's and wing backs against Man U? Would end up as a 5-4-1, but with the way that Slav likes to play on the front foot we'd realistically end up with a 3-6-1.

Tough decision to make - what would you do? What are the other options I'm missing here?
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

We HAVE to win this one, that's all
KernowHammer8
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by KernowHammer8 »

I'd rather Kouyate played RB rather than Antonio.