Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (30/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by RyanWHUFC »

hammers92 wrote:Our best players had an off day, it'll happen sometimes and it's no biggie. On to Stoke next week
:thup:
Ironheart
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 122 likes

Post by Ironheart »

The Rebirth wrote:Knee jerk on here is fantastic as always.

Can't play Lanzini and Payet in the same team? :lol: They are always our best attacking players....

Bad day in the office we are nowhere near as bad as we have been in years where we have been relegated.

I think the ref was poor today, Oggy should have seen red and given away a penalty IMHO, but at the same time the bloke he fouled should have been given his second yellow earlier....#

Any how the comments on here about a proper striker, well not being funny Lukaku cost them near £30m we can't splash that kind of cash.
We spent more than that this close season. Tell everyone we're after quality, they knock us back, end up with Zaza. Wouldn't be West Ham if we had a Lukaku. If we did get him he'd end up injured. It;s what happens to our strikers
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

All we really needed in the summer was a decent striker and a right back, why on earth we got Tore, Ferghouli, Nordveit et al seems like stocking fillers at xmas , looks good but ultimately a dissapointment.
Billy Bonds Thighs
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by Billy Bonds Thighs »

Wasn't a bad performance, Dimi wasn't great. Marking for the goals wasn't great, we still need a striker.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Billy Bonds Thighs wrote:Wasn't a bad performance, Dimi wasn't great. Marking for the goals wasn't great, we still need a striker.
Perfect match summary
claretchris
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by claretchris »

Slav went a bit gung ho for me when we went behind. Lost all of our shape with the subs
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

61dicksey wrote:All we really needed in the summer was a decent striker and a right back, why on earth we got Tore, Ferghouli, Nordveit et al seems like stocking fillers at xmas , looks good but ultimately a dissapointment.
Sullivan can't help himself.

He goes into the sweet shop with enough money to buy a Dairy Milk, and announces to everyone that's what he's buying...then leaves the shop with 6 Chomps.

The worst thing is, plenty of decent strikers were available, and according to good sources on here, willing to come.
tjr008
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by tjr008 »

That's what you call a knee jerk

No way are we 4th bottom bad, never. Need a few things to click, yes, need a proper striker yes. 16th place bad - no way.[/quote]

Have you been watching us this season, pal?

Who are we better than? It's not a knee jerk. It's a quarter of the season down and when have we played well in the league? How many points in the next 10? Knee jerk reaction time is over. After 10 games, the table has taken shape.
claretchris
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by claretchris »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
He goes into the sweet shop with enough money to buy a Dairy Milk, and announces to everyone that's what he's buying...then leaves the shop with 6 Chomps.

The worst thing is, plenty of decent strikers were available, and according to good sources on here, willing to come.
I'd take 6 chomps over a dairy milk all day long - love em
samanthadog
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by samanthadog »

Haven't read others comments....................but feel that our mid-week efforts may have negatively effected our performance today, particularly in the second half.

Nobody stood out as being particularly poor but everybodies levels seemed a bit down from the Chelsea match.

Onwards and upwards.

:scarfer:
Roby
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

They bought all those squad player as they thought we would get through to the Europa group stages.

Bilic then messed that up just like he did the year before.

We are now left with a **** load of players no better at all than our first 11 from last season and are struggling to give them minutes and they then struggle to make any sort of impact.

Wouldn't be suprised if a few were shifted in January.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

New Jersey wrote:difference was a top striker, they have one, we don't.
According to Sullivan we have a 20m one in Ayew on the bench but yet again comes on in a deeper role so does Bilic not know to play him as a striker or was Sullivan bullshiting again

Then there's another striker in Zaza that we have agreed to pay 25m on if he plays a few more games!

That's 45m worth of striker!!!! :lol:

Yet I'd take a fit Carroll and Sakho over the pair of them... Although i appreciate that Carroll is a sicknote and Sakho has turned into a loon but the point remains... We have a lack of goal threat

Antonio did well but doesn't have the composure or threat once in front of goal or when he beats the player which is why I think he works best on the wing
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

If Sullivan got offered Lukaku tomorrow for £30 million and £50k a week, he'd still ask them to take £29.5 million, Lukaku £49k a week and whether we could do a try before we buy first. He can't help himself.

Mouthed off before last season even ended about multi million marquee strikers coming, we haven't even bought a one man Halfords tent with half the struts missing and no ground sheet.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 618 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

ihateroeder wrote:I've said it a million times you can't play payet and lanzini, it's like playing with ten men
A million times, that would include all of last season as well then?
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Roby wrote:They bought all those squad player as they thought we would get through to the Europa group stages.

Bilic then messed that up just like he did the year before.

We are now left with a **** load of players no better at all than our first 11 from season and are struggling to give them minutes and they then struggle to make any impact.

Wouldn't be suprised if a few were shifted in January.
I would shift 4 of them , Ayew is proven, and will come good but £20 million phew! the rest are not good enough, Tore, Ferghouli, Notdveit, Zaza bye bye
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Roby wrote: Wouldn't be suprised if a few were shifted in January.
Zaza'll be gone as soon as the window opens. Wouldn't mind betting Tore and Nordtveidt will join him.
Ingwe
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

Like all of us, I hate losing. But I've always hated losing to Everton almost as much as to Spurs. It goes back to the days of Moyles, that dour, boring "expert" followed by smarmy, clueless Martinez. I thought now that Koeman is in charge of the other Liverpool team, I wouldn't feel so bad losing to Everton. But no, it still smarts especially when we capitulated against a poor side (apart from Lukaku).
I wish we had a manager who had Koeman's creativity and motivational skills.
Everyone can have an off day so will allow Payet his day. But for FS; when will the likes of Zaza, Feghouli and others turn in more than the odd bit of skill and do a full day's work?
After Wednesday's result, I dared to hope for a result against this lot. Now we look forward to playing Stoke. I've given up hope of Carrol or Sakho ever returning so am expect a disappointing result against a boring physical team that we should be beating.
At times, it's hard being a Hammer.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Toothless.

Thought Payet had a stinker and Antonio a blinder. Reid seemed to have Lukaku wrapped up until the lucky bounce for their first.

Playing sans striker can only take us so far.

I saw Romford having some grief and dunno what it was about, but the stewards were brilliant to me. I'd employ 100 of em and solve our problems overnight.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Payet didn't want to know, particularly second half

Also saw the shenanigans with Romford, hope he's ok
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Lostcoco wrote:Take off Obiang and look what happens

Love the player, but i thought he was **** today like many others.

What surprised me today was that considering the effort the same 10 players put in on Wedsnesday night, that Bilic didn't see it as an opportunity to freshen up the team a bit. Only 2 or 3 but the team looked really leggy and second best for most of the time nowhere near as alert as a rested Everton side without a game on Weds and it showed.

I don't wanna see Antonio play up front if it can really be helped. Takes a lot of his natural game away from him much like Right Back does. he's not really good with his back to goal and closing down. His shootings also very hit and miss. He's at his best facing the play all the time hairing up the wing taking players on and ghosting in at the back stock. You lose all that when he's supposed to be asked to be a target man and hold the ball up which he's not very good at. I would use Ayew or Fletcher and last resort Zaza there if anyone whilst Carroll and Sakho are out.