FAC3: West Ham Utd 0-5 Manchester City (06/01/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Re: West Ham United V Manchester City: Match Thread

Post by Believer »

billybondsballbag wrote:The football isn't always terrible, but heads go down far too easily and the blame for that, unfortunately, must be laid at the door of the people in charge of motivating them: the manager, the coaches, the captain, the senior players. Too many people are shirking their responsibilities and that simply cannot continue if we are to maintain premier league status.
Considering the player Dicks was, I'm surprised this has been allowed to happen.

We need a couple of bastards in the team. One in defence. One in midfield. Defoe? Hogan ? Maybe in the summer but right now a good start out of those linked so far will be Snodgrass. We need players who care. Players who don't flounce about with their heads dropping.

A mass clearout is required in the summer.
Muligatawnitoop

Post by Muligatawnitoop »

I don't know where to start!!
Here is such a lack of confidence running through the team it's frightening, and there are too many players who seem incapable of performing basic skills.

On that shambles of a showing, out of of the entire team, if only Antonio, Reid, Payet and Fernandes are there at the end of the window I wouldn't care. Fletcher came out to warm up, did two sprints and by doing that, covered more yards than Carroll did in the entire match! Noble has lost 3 yards of pace, and don't get me started on Feghouli...

Can someone explain to me the point of bring on Payet and Noble when we were 4-0 down? The game had
gone so why not bring on Quina or Oxford who is coming back from injury. Why start with Carroll?? It's all so predictable, no pace why not give Fletcher a full run out alongside Calleri and try something different?
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

That was one of the worst West Ham performances I have ever seen. And I have seen many West Ham horror shows. Including standing on the terraces at Upton Park and seeing us lose 8-2 to Blackburn in 1963. Tonight is a very sad night.
Roby
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Shearer just virtually said our players are cowards. And I agree.
Shearer is a twat.

He was a coward during his pathetic managerial career.

Also a coward when Roy Keane fronted him that time.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

[quote="BelieverConsidering the player Dicks was, I'm surprised this has been allowed to happen.

We need a couple of bastards in the team. One in defence. One in midfield. Defoe? Hogan ? Maybe in the summer but right now a good start out of those linked so far will be Snodgrass. We need players who care. Players who don't flounce about with their heads dropping.

A mass clearout is required in the summer.[/quote]

Said this the same earlier in the season. We need a couple of nasty hard men out there.
Ogbonna, smiling away, helping the center forward up on the feet in the unlikely event that he nudges into him. FFS .
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

It's not one of the more obvious points that needs addressing out of tonight's shambles, but I think I've had my fill of seeing Andy Carroll in a West Ham shirt now.

We only ever play football one way when he plays and we're absolute :thdn: at doing that. He gives us 10-15 games a season when he might be fit and 1-2 of those he might be unplayable (as per Arsenal last season).

The rest of the time he's a useful asset when we're defending corners, wins a lot of headers on the halfway line where we generally have no idea how to deal with the second ball, and is an absolute full-time hindrance to any type of inventive, incisive attacking football. To the extent where you see more of him berating teammates for not sticking floaty balls up to him as he likes (which he never actually wins) or moaning to referees, than him troubling defenders, let alone goalkeepers, as he's handsomely paid to do.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Had enough of this higher moral ground stance with the officials that Slav has taken

Not an excuse for how we collapsed but he needs to publically give the referees some **** so they don't give every 50:50 against us

It might show some leadership to the players too - put up some fight
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

teams that ship 5 goals at home more than once usually bin the manager , who has been let down badly tonight , and all season too
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

61dicksey wrote:0-5 the record is broken ffs
Broke me own record of not missing a Home FAC game for 15yrs tonight

Alas I missed us breaking the 117 yr record of never having been beat 0-5 at Home in the FAC

Record Defeat to go with last weeks record attendance

West Ham London :thdn:
The Lone Hammer

Post by The Lone Hammer »

Just got home.

Remind me again......why do I bother going.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

hammer1975 wrote:Had enough of this higher moral ground stance with the officials that Slav has taken

Not an excuse for how we collapsed but he needs to publically give the referees some **** so they don't give every 50:50 against us

It might show some leadership to the players too - put up some fight
I know what you're saying and we aren't having the rub of the green but that performance wasn't just about that decision. We were abject.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Too many players went hiding tonight when the going got tough

There was no movement, Cresswell hardly overlapped and looked to be hiding, Lanzini completely anonymous and throughout the side no one worked for eachother or covered. Nordveidt has taken some stick (me included) but he at least puts a bit of effort in, he has been hung out to dry the last few performances. He is playing in an unfmailar position and none of his team mates are helping him out, its an impossible task.

If we carry on with too many offensive players we will take more hidings. Feghouli, Antonio and Lanzini were far too high up the pitch and not tracking back. Edmilson Fernandes can not play in a deeper role, he looks more suited to going forward as well. There were too many gaps and City's full backs were playing as Wingers/forwards as they had so much space as our players never tracked back or picked them up.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

BondsoBob wrote:That was one of the worst West Ham performances I have ever seen. And I have seen many West Ham horror shows. Including standing on the terraces at Upton Park and seeing us lose 8-2 to Blackburn in 1963. Tonight is a very sad night.

What killed us, was conceding those two goals within the space of a couple of minutes just before half time coming as they did just after Feghouli's shocking miss. Had he scored that, as indeed he should, it was a very different game. But he didn't, City had the pace and players to get beyond us and behind our defence, which admittedly didn't cover itself in any glory and going in at half time 3-0 down our players knew there was no way back. For half an hour, I actually thought we liked quite good, we had a game plan, Slav had clearly set the team up to give them a game and we gave them a game for half an hour, but there was no legislating for basic and individual errors and the team losing all shape as we saw our game plan ripped to shreds by vastly superior players and a vastly superior manager who master minded it all. Near the end of the game, the camera caught Pep in the dug out and I think he felt very sorry for us
hammer españa
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hammer españa »

This result might have done us a favour. The board will be sh***ing themselves about the backlash they are going to get and may feel the cheque book will have to come out big time. Although they will probably blame Slav and give him the chop.
kevino
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by kevino »

and yet another game where the lack of a decent right back has cost us dear. I've lost count of how many games we have lost and how many goals we have literally given away as a result.......not that that was the only thing to blame tonight obviously.
gazzaA2

Post by gazzaA2 »

steps wrote: Snodgrass, Glenn Johnson and Defoe all lined up mate.

The future is bright. :raver:
Is Joe Cole still playing?
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

I thought we played really well....until they scored then we fell apart
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

BondsoBob wrote:That was one of the worst West Ham performances I have ever seen. And I have seen many West Ham horror shows. Including standing on the terraces at Upton Park and seeing us lose 8-2 to Blackburn in 1963. Tonight is a very sad night.
Not seen many mate?
Phil S
Has liked: 462 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

Hammer Laffers wrote:I thought we played really well....until they scored then we fell apart
I really thought at 3-0 it flattered them we played well upto the pen.

Second half was **** though.
Odessa
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

A
Odessa wrote:Thank you all those on this site who said they'd be coming to the supporters club tonight.

There's all eleven of us here and the club's dying a death.

I've managed to spend my admission fee but it's been a struggle at a whopping £2.75 a pint.

Shame on all of you.
Well, where were you? Stand by our own? A small protest? You put in nothing and get what you deserve.