West Ham Utd 1-0 Tottenham (05/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Tottenham: match thread

Post by brooking1966 »

Why did Pardew say 38000 attendance? BBC says 56992
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

According to Alan Green on Radio 5 earlier, "even the most ardent West Ham fan couldn't say they were the better team"

:lol:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

What a clown.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Lol what a joke. All season ive had to put up with hearing that spurs are the new Barcelona. We made them look like Southend.
We were extremely unlucky not to beat them at the lane. We are fast becoming their bogey team :)
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

hammerdivone wrote:According to Alan Green on Radio 5 earlier, "even the most ardent West Ham fan couldn't say they were the better team"

You can safely say that whatever Alan Green says, the opposite is true.
steps
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

Ifebbubbles wrote:We were extremely unlucky not to beat them at the lane. We are fast becoming their bogey team :)
It's been a while (long while) where a season's gone past where we haven't beaten them or at least taken points.

The thing is, they're banging on about it being our cup final etc. Before someone posted the link to their forum on here (and the vitriolic bile they were spitting about us) the other day, we were just treating it as another game that we needed to take points from.

They've really wound themselves up about it in all fairness.
steps
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

Oh, and they're worse than Arsenal fans in the crywanking stakes.

Just head over to The Flying Cock forum for proof.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

hammerdivone wrote:According to Alan Green on Radio 5 earlier, "even the most ardent West Ham fan couldn't say they were the better team"

You'd think that even the most ardent Alan Green couldn't be such a Lawro
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Their ****ing hypocrites. Calling us embarrassing for celebrating last night's win yet all they had to look forward to every season for years was the chance to beat Arsenal. And they are milking being above them now for all its worth. Absolute sulking babies.
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

steps wrote:Oh, and they're worse than Arsenal fans in the crywanking stakes.

Just head over to The Flying Cock forum for proof.
I was thinking more... flaccid weener
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

I only listened to the game on 5 live, but I think Dion Dublin on Football focus this morning hit the nail on the head. He said, "Tottenham weren't bad, in fact they were very good. It was just West Ham were brilliant".

Pretty much spot on really.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

hammers92 wrote:Just to touch on that, Spurs really do have some excellent players and I didn't see any of them last night. Our defending was superb
It's what happens when you close players down immediately and don't give them time on the ball. We could have beaten so many teams this season if we'd have done the same thing to them. I thought our defending was superb last night and we were equal to their threats which proved when our players apply themselves we can get results.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Must admit my heart sank last night when I saw the ref was Anthony "for king" Taylor.

True to form he couldn't do enough for Spurs in the 1st half. Someone must have had a word at h/t because he did a decent job in the 2nd half.

Also, for a "championship chasing side" their fans were pretty quiet (or was it that I couldn't hear them over the noise we were making?)

As for the Aaron Lennon "tribute" the less said the better. Just hope he wasn't watching.

Bring on the red shite!

:scarfer:
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

hammerdivone wrote:According to Alan Green on Radio 5 earlier, "even the most ardent West Ham fan couldn't say they were the better team
When I did my bit on 5Live earlier this season I had the misfortune to be sat next to him for an hour in the commentary positions.

An absolute dinosaur. Suffice to say that nobody I have ever met from the BBC has a good word to say about him.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Lol what a joke. All season ive had to put up with hearing that spurs are the new Barcelona. We made them look like Southend.
We were extremely unlucky not to beat them at the lane. We are fast becoming their bogey team
Hey, leave my Southend alone you mug! :x
TheHandOfDog

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Also, listening to spurs fans getting drowned out every time they started trying to get a word out was hilarious.
TheHandOfDog

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Their ****ing hypocrites. Calling us embarrassing for celebrating last night's win yet all they had to look forward to every season for years was the chance to beat Arsenal. And they are milking being above them now for all its worth. Absolute sulking babies.
Yep, Spurs really do have the worst fans in the country, there is a good reason that no one likes the club.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

That was the West Ham of last season - the work rate of every single player was simply phenomenal and you have to ask yourself if the team showed that much commitment every week we would be Top 6 material , that performance was joyous to watch , so proud of the lads .

I hope Slaven is our Manager for the next 10 years then maybe review his contract .
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

I was one of the lucky ones at the game...there was a major shift...the passion, the heart, the sheer magnificence of what our club is - yes, I'm talking about the support and noise from the fans last night. Truly awesome and for the first time since the move I say in all honestly, that the atmosphere made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It felt like the old West Ham had arrived at the soulless bowl and sprinkled some kind of woo on the place. People I'd started to nod to, game after game, were hugging, talking, shaking hands and patting backs, shouting and swearing together...I felt for the first time in the place, that the outstanding performance of the team got the reaction it had been craving for. Above all we became, in my view, in that place, United. We didn't drive home, we floated home on a wave of euphoria not experienced at the
OS properly before.

It was different to the feeling at the Chelsea and Palace victories...it was the return of the West Ham way, but much, much bolder. Even the stiffs were going crazy for it.

Great game, great performance by the team and Slav...great that we put the mockers on another deluded bunch of Spurs chokers - yes, their bottle went - but above all it was great to feel like I had a little bit more of my club back. Let's have more...
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Hey, leave my Southend alone you mug! :x[/quote]

Have you left school yet?

Their fans hate us as they blame us for them not being a big team. I've actually heard them very words from a Southend fan. Right up there with Arsenal delusion that is.