AFC Bournemouth 3-3 West Ham Utd (26/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Re: AFC Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by WorcesterWHU »

I mean, he's stuck that in with his arm, offside or otherwise.
kevino
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by kevino »

More worryingly was that Ake had a free header. Ginge wasn't near him and Rice was seemingly marking the guy behind him but suddenly realised he should challenge when he noticed Ake was going to have a free header. Shambolic considering we should have been defending for our lives having just gone ahead.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

smuts wrote:Absolute awful defending as well in the "goal". Players the wrong side, not picking up, etc. Not sure what Adrian is doing either.

Amateurish.
Everytime they had a free kick or a cross we looked like we had never defended a set piece before.

amateurish is the correct description.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

jacko wrote:
Our defending of crosses, corners and free kicks was really poor. I feel that this incident is masking just how suspect we looked at the back all game.
3 goals conceded 2 games in a row v teams in the bottom 3, will WBA make it a hat trick with Pardews old high tempo football !! :o
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by steps »

WorcesterWHU wrote:I mean, he's stuck that in with his arm, offside or otherwise.
Exactly. The ref has overruled the offside to allow a handball goal.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:I'm starting to go with the opinion that referees should have to face the press after a game, much like Managers and players.
I've felt this for a while too - there should be more accountability and more transparency.

There's the downside that some of them will revel in being the focus of things - no publicity is bad publicity and all that. But if they had to give their reactions to seeing what they had given/ not given then I think that at least some of their more blatant 'mistakes' would be knocked on the head. As it is, Madly is just toddling off home now having not had to say a word to anyone in the public domain about an awful, awful decision.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

The ref can't give the handball because he obviously saying Wilson never touched the ball and therefore does the goal belong to Ake not Wilson then?
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

steps wrote: Image
A player wagging his finger suggesting he didn’t touch it after a handball to get the ref to change his mind is no different to a dive to win a penalty
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by steps »

Dwight1970 wrote:The ref can't give the handball because he obviously saying Wilson never touched the ball and therefore does the goal belong to Ake not Wilson then?
The goal’s credited to Wilson though.
unmartillo
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by unmartillo »

Video replays. I have no idea why it's taking so long. It's not like it's 1980 and we have to wait for them to rewind the Betamax, could have been confirmed in less time than they were discussing it.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:I'm starting to go with the opinion that referees should have to face the press after a game, much like Managers and players. If we heard from the ref what he saw and why he overturned his original decision of no goal.
It would make them more open and help the supporters understand why decisions don't always go the way they want.Shirley if they called it as they saw it then decisions can be accepted.

Yep. I've long thought this too. It makes the game more transparent and accountable. But crucially all Refs will be aware before the games they'll have to face the music and puts the focus on them.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

steps wrote: The goal’s credited to Wilson though.
I understand that but Madely doesn't agree so I just wondered who has credited it to in his match report?
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by fester »

I understand why people may think it a genuine mistake BUT ...
as soon as the lino raised his flag I shouted 'the ref is going to overrule, I've got no doubt!' 20 seconds later he did. Either I am psychic or events in this game convinced me that would happen.

I feel sick. Not that we lost 2 points (that we only deserved through determination, rather than skill) but in the stark realization that events had proved to me that the result was being influenced in some way.

Call me crazy, call me a whinger, call me whatever you want. I called the turn of events before they unfolded. The unpunished (by a red) kick in the face made me whince everytime I seen the replay. In no way could I defend that if our player is sent off.
Last edited by sicknote on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Questioning of moderation, deleted, as you have not seen previous deleted posts
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

unmartillo wrote:Video replays. I have no idea why it's taking so long. It's not like it's 1980 and we have to wait for them to rewind the Betamax, could have been confirmed in less time than they were discussing it.

I was once against the idea fearing it'll upset the flow of games if called upon too often but due to so many bad decisions being made with so much riding on it these days, it's now vital to implement it if possible.
since86

Post by since86 »

Agreed. I don’t don’t think it’ll slow the game down as much as people think and it’s high time it was introduced.
The ref got it badly wrong today. We defended poorly, strange since much of better play recently has been founded on a stronger back line, but that was a massive goal to concede against a relegation rival.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Suffering a despicable case of man-flu, I tried sweating it out whilst listening to the match on the radio. It did not make me feel any better.
Yet another crazy match & result for us.
The chances that they had (or were given), we should have so lost that match & yet at the death, it sounded like we were cheated out of winning it!!!
Full credit to Adrian for all of his goal stopping & ultimately, point winning saves.
Also, full credit to our travelling support, you came across loud & clear on the radio.
We're still out of the bottom 3!
:scarfer:
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

Samba wrote:We're still out of the bottom 3!
But still right in the ****. All thanks to Robert Madley
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

bowltorious wrote:Where was Madley placed when the goal went in as well? How he thinks he is in a better postion than his assistant is beyond me...
Five yards outside the penalty area, roughly central. So in no position whatsoever to overrule his assistant.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Weak minded twat gave in to the pressure from the Bournemouth players and fans.

Not fit to officiate at this level.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Irrons wrote:But still right in the ****. All thanks to Robert Madley
You're not wrong, mate.
Over to Sully now, to define the rest of our season.
'Worried emoji face'.