Swansea City 4-1 West Ham Utd (03/03/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Re: Swansea City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by e17 »

Not to pick out one player from today, but week after week for me, Lanzini reminds me why we’ll never get another player like Payet in this team.

Flatters to deceive in every 2 out of 3 games
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

e17 wrote:Not to pick out one player from today, but week after week for me, Lanzini reminds me why we’ll never get another player like Payet in this team.

He won’t be here next season anyway , he is reco ering from a hammybsonwill probably be frightened if it tightens and happens again. Seeing it out until the World cup.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Too ****ing right. It was a relegation 6 pointer and they thought they could turn up, stroll about and get something from the game.[/quote]

But hasn't this been "The West Ham way" for years. We play any team outside the top 4/5/6 and we seem to stroll around the pitch as if we're nailed on favourites to win.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Does a bollocking really matter anymore ?

FFS that was a critical game where Sawansea wanted it five times more than any of our players did.

If anything this sums up why we need to march - poor invetsment .. (or rather none) ... sold a lie and spin on the move and GSB need to bugger off.
brewster
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by brewster »

Do any West Ham players read these posts I wonder? I doubt it of course but if they did I would tell them to either start pulling their finger out or f*** off out of our club. Moyes after match comments were "we lacked intensity. We thought we could just stroll around and get a result". That has been our problem now for about 2 seasons and it's not ****ing good enough. Blame the manager and blame the owners if you like but if the players are not giving 100% they should not be here.
Beavis Danzig
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

e17 wrote:Not to pick out one player from today, but week after week for me, Lanzini reminds me why we’ll never get another player like Payet in this team.

i said this in the other thread, no chance he'll put in anything more than 85% while his audition to play for the argies in the WC is a few weeks away. not worth the risk to him.

don't say this as an indictment either.
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

Part of our problem is our mindset all over here. Swansea’s home form is phenomenal, it was always going to be tough today given their form, and we lost three centre backs. Yet again conceding an early goal hugely affects the confidence, puts the crowd behind them, their tails up and the reverse for us. I’m not excusing the performance, but a point today would have been a bonus.

Next two absolutely huge, Burnley is a must win obviously, and we’ve got the goals in us to get it. It’s not panic stations just yet.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:As fans we have the right to gripe about performances and individual players, but lets put a bit of Brady spin on the situation.
I wonder now if the players were sold the same dream as us, with world class players coming in to bolster the ranks, when in fact we get a championship quality striker and a 37 year left sided player, I has to affect their morale, and as much as we can see that the squad has been decimated beyond affordable repair. We as fans can voice or misgivings, they as employees cannot.
I would be great to know just what the feeling is around the players, are they as pi***d as we are or are they really not concerned because they know keep their mouth shut and at the end of the week there's a nice little pay packet.
Personally I think they are mightily aggrieved and the only way they can show is by putting minimum effort in. Whatever is wrong it's starting now to become cancerous. The whole ethos around West ham United London is to save money at all costs, to such an extent that nothing else is of any concern, super waving flags and a fewe printed club crests is not going to save from relegation and humiliation. If only there was some. some glimmer of belief that the club will rise phoenix like from the ashes of the season, lets hope that the March will release all that pent up anger and allow us to start the recovery.
You may well be on to something there, even if it's only part of the problem........
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Monkey Magic wrote:Part of our problem is our mindset all over here. Swansea’s home form is phenomenal, it was always going to be tough today given their form, and we lost three centre backs. Yet again conceding an early goal hugely affects the confidence, puts the crowd behind them, their tails up and the reverse for us. I’m not excusing the performance, but a point today would have been a bonus.

Next two absolutely huge, Burnley is a must win obviously, and we’ve got the goals in us to get it. It’s not panic stations just yet.
It's been panic stations since Sullivan threw Slav under the bus by not signing Carvalho and set the tone for the season with an unbalanced squad and confusion on and off the pitch.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

old fart wrote:At the least Joe Hart should be back in place of the show pony
Carrerageorge wrote: Why ?? Did you see the game and did he disgrace himself?
Im not saying I want Hart back but I watched the game and a top level keeper saves their first goal today for sure. Pea roller from outside the box, Adrian couldnt sort his feet. He has an iffy moment almost every game and simply isnt good enough
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

Had to endure that **** at least until 40 mins into 1st half. Watched it in Swansea end. Never again will I watch West Ham in opposite end. Never felt so much anger boiling up inside me, especially having some ginger prick with a ginger moustache singing very loud directly behind me. Especially when their supporters piped up for Andre Ayew when it looked like he was out of order when Reid was down injured! Could have easily throttled the ****! Think it was my hate for Ed Sheeran that got to me lol. Went down to bar before half time, even tried my luck to get in through concourse to West Ham end but steward wouldn't budge. Apparently our lot were getting restless early doors 2nd half in concourse especially after a lot of them stayed in bar after 1st half and as soon as 3rd went in it was pretty much Game Over. Left soon after then myself, no point staying and facing further ridicule. Went up pub and seen a few West Ham supporters from Newport of all places. Still a bitter pill to swallow, Swansea hardly world beaters, we made them look good today.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

What happened to Reid?
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Yea Why Not wrote: but I watched the game and a top level keeper saves their first goal today for sure
Yeah but we only have Hart as an option. He wasn’t even considered a top level Mario Kart player this week, let alone a top level keeper
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Yea Why Not wrote:
Im not saying I want Hart back but I watched the game and a top level keeper saves their first goal today for sure. Pea roller from outside the box, Adrian couldnt sort his feet. He has an iffy moment almost every game and simply isnt good enough
Tell that to everybody else mate, coz when I posted much the same thing last week, it took about 5 minutes for others to try to tell me otherwise
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Rio wrote:
Yeah but we only have Hart as an option. He wasn’t even considered a top level Mario Kart player this week, let alone a top level keeper
I agree hence the first words of my post which you cut :)

2 poor keepers to choose from. Far from ideal
brewster
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by brewster »

All this "let's blame the owners" stuff gets on my nerves sometimes. Don't get me wrong I think we would be better off without G & S as they are not taking this club forward at all. But the suggestion that the players have been sold a dream by our beloved leaders and are now responding negatively on discovering that those promises have been broken is letting some of these so called professional footballers off the hook. Today's performance was similar to the one we gave against Swansea in our penultimate game at Upton Park when Payet was in the team. OK it was not "the norm" for us to play that badly during that particular season but the similarities are there. Players unwilling to accept their responsibility and not putting in enough effort. (Same result too - 4-1 defeat) There is something very wrong at the core of this club and the only way to get rid of it is start from scratch. And if that means relegation so be it.... We are only papering over the cracks anyway.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Tell that to everybody else mate, coz when I posted much the same thing last week, it took about 5 minutes for others to try to tell me otherwise
Anyone who can look past Adrian's likeable personality can see hes not good enough to be starting at this level. Same goes for Zabaleta and Noble
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Phil S wrote:What happened to Reid?
Looked like he jarred/twisted his knee. Not sure how bad it is. Possibly looked worse than it was cos he smacked his head so was well groggy.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Phil S wrote:What happened to Reid?
Looked like a bad knee injury
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Was there any protesting by our away support today?