West Ham Utd 0-1 Wolves (01/09/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Wolverhampton Wanderers match thread (01/09)

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

p.m.

agree.......he came on at Wimbledon and played more wide left than centrally...Snodders played centrally there and it was pretty apparent that Anderson was better utilized centrally at L'Arse....
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

sledger wrote:I cant believe one of the early posts on this topic is still moaning about the OS stadium.
GET OVER IT. MOVE ON. :scarfer:
Why? it's a sh*t football stadium regardless of how much money the board have spent on players.

The discerning amongst us are not so easily bought off.

We're all happy that they've invested in the squad and bought in a decent manager but that doesn't make the OS a proper football stadium.
traxop

Post by traxop »

People have been saying how well Wolves played last weekend. I thought they did well on the counter, but I also thought City dominated the game and on a different day those shots that hit the bar would have gone in an made it a 3-1, 4-1 scoreline.

The scoreline flattered them, in the same vein as the 3-1 scoreline with our game against Arsenal or Arsenal's loss to Chelsea the week before(Arsenal should have won that clash with the amount of point blank chances they had)

Statistically, I believe Wolves are in the bottom 2-3 in terms of shots on target(along with the usual suspects in Cardiff. To contrast, Bournemouth on the other hand ranks in the top 3-4 so far this season). Their failure to take advantage against a 10-man Everton - and in fact going behind when Everton were down to 10 men - is surely another mark against them.

Nothing is given in this league but everything in my head says that we should at least be able to come away with something in this game. Hopefully we can put in a performance that builds upon what we've been able to do last weekend.
kentishiron
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Wolves: match thread (01/09)

Post by kentishiron »

HammerInMaryland wrote:Fabianski
Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Arthur
Sanchez - Wilshere
Yarmolenko - Anderson - Snodgrass
Arnautovic

*BEFORE THE ABUSE FOR CHOOSING ARTHUR*

Toss up with Arthur and Cress for me, cannot drop Snodgrass and Anderson should play through the middle for me, just in that first half we lacked pace down that left side which is why I would choose Arthur over Cress, because Snoddy did put some venomous crosses in from the left.

Rice unfortunate to miss out and would rather him than Ogbonna and Balbuena but would leave a very inexperienced defence, Ogbonna was at fault for the goal tonight but Wolves don't have a Hanson type player up top who they will just lump it too, and Balbuena hasn't looked great either for me, especially on the floor, and doesn't really have the pace to cope with Wolves.

This for me is spot on.
:)
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I doubt yarmolenko will be able to start two games in a week bearing in mind Tuesday was his first start since January. I would play Arthur as a LW in front of cresswell. bit of pace down that side and cresswell at LB is better defensively. snoddy also deserves to start. anderson central behind arnie.

fab
fredericks diop ogbonna cresswell
sanchez wilshere
snodgrass anderson masuaka
arnie

subs adrian zabaleta rice yarmolenko antonio hernandez holland

a nice bench with holland taking the last place ahead of perez.

antonio on for arnie or snodgrass if need be

keep it tight at the back for once and we can win this by a couple of goals.

2-0 hammers arnie and diop ( pass and I shoot)
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

traxop wrote:People have been saying how well Wolves played last weekend. I thought they did well on the counter, but I also thought City dominated the game and on a different day those shots that hit the bar would have gone in an made it a 3-1, 4-1 scoreline.

The scoreline flattered them, in the same vein as the 3-1 scoreline with our game against Arsenal or Arsenal's loss to Chelsea the week before(Arsenal should have won that clash with the amount of point blank chances they had)

Statistically, I believe Wolves are in the bottom 2-3 in terms of shots on target(along with the usual suspects in Cardiff. To contrast, Bournemouth on the other hand ranks in the top 3-4 so far this season). Their failure to take advantage against a 10-man Everton - and in fact going behind when Everton were down to 10 men - is surely another mark against them.

Nothing is given in this league but everything in my head says that we should at least be able to come away with something in this game. Hopefully we can put in a performance that builds upon what we've been able to do last weekend.
Every team plays on the counter against them, as they always dominate possession
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

I see a score draw or a defeat unfortunately. I feel we will have the ball more which won't be great for us as these have had good practice of hitting teams on the break already. Fredericks and Sanchez to start for me please. 2-2
WickfordHammer86

Post by WickfordHammer86 »

Unchanged from Arsenal, assuming Arnie is ready to go on Saturday.

Cresswell didn't do enough to prove to me he should play ahead of Masuaku. Rice played well v Wimbledon, but I thought Sanchez was excellent v Arsenal so would be harsh dropping him. I could make a case for Yarmo in for Snodgrass, despite Roberto's industrious and hard working performance on Tuesday evening.. but would probably stick with Bob Snod on this occasion.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Driving down tomorrow night for my first game of the season and really hoping they've been saving themselves for me!!

Cautiously optimistic, there have been signs that we have the makings of a decent team and hopefully we can build on the Wimbledon win and get our first Premier league win of the season. I wouldn't change the Arsenal line up as long as Arnautovic is fit.

COYI :scarfer:
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Wolves have got 1 similar weakness to us that I have noticed in their previous 3 League games. They seem to struggle defending any aerial crosses from free-kicks and corners. I am sure Richarlison's first goal against Wolves came from a free kick. And of course Man City's certainly did. Shame we haven't got much height and especially having Carroll fit to come off the bench as this is something we should take advantage of. But if Pellers has done his homework make sure the likes of Snodgrass are practicing their crossing in training and make sure in the game you get the likes of Diop/Balbuena/Ogbonna right in the middle of the box when we have corners and free-kicks.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Given it already appears any permutation of the current squad is likely to be as leaky as any other, it's probably worth seeing the plan through and sticking with Fredericks and Diop for a bit. It's not like Zabaleta's more defensive presence stopped us conceding hatloads last season regardless.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

wormley wrote:Why? it's a sh*t football stadium regardless of how much money the board have spent on players.

The discerning amongst us are not so easily bought off.

We're all happy that they've invested in the squad and bought in a decent manager but that doesn't make the OS a proper football stadium.
Without going off subject, I'd say that my experience at the Bournemouth game has only made me hate the stadium more. Surrounded by people who didn't care there was a game on and a f*cking moron behind me who kept screaming absolute rubbish.

I think we should get a result at the weekend, but whatever happens on the pitch wont change the fact that I'll be in the stands wishing it was happening at UP.
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

--------------------------------------------Fabianski-----------------------------------------

-Fredericks----------------Diop------------------------Balbuena-----------------Masuaku-

---------------------------------------------Rice----------------------------------------

Snodgrass---------------Wilshere------------Anderson-------------------------Yarmalenko

------------------------------------------Arnautovic---------------------------------------------
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

No Arnie, no party
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Pellegrini says Arnie has trained all week.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

If there is no Arnie I would go for

Fabianski
Fredericks
Diop
Balbuena
Cresswell

Sanchez
Wilshere

Perez
Andersen
Yarmolenko (Snodgrass if Yarmolenko can't play two games this week)

Chicharito
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Snoddy to start wouldn't play Perez as he was invisible on Tuesday night.
Patito

Post by Patito »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Pellegrini says Arnie has trained all week.
Great news
Jameslegend
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Jameslegend »

But KUMB have just posted an article to say he will miss the Wolves game... :eh:
Patito

Post by Patito »