Everton 1-3 West Ham Utd (16/09/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Re: ⚽ Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread (16/9)

Post by TommyHammer »

Don't even care to be honest. All my optimism from the summer has been drained out of me :lol:

We have to get at least a draw, its getting ridiculous now.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

TommyHammer wrote:Don't even care to be honest. All my optimism from the summer has been drained out of me :lol:

We have to get at least a draw, its getting ridiculous now.
That’s the worst part about being a hammer for sure

MP takes over. Majority don’t get excited. “Unless they back him with cash nothing will change”

We spend 33 million on the defence (keeper included) and we hold back the excitement a bit “unless we get that crown jewel signing he been chasing it means nowt” (Anderson)

We sign him and others.. (some people point out defensive midfielder still an issue) but majority then think hang on no relegation battle this year

1 game passes .. well least it was to a top team

2 pass .. we threw that away.. excitement starts to fade

3 pass , should have won that excitement returns a bit

4 pass.. it’s basically gone now

The worst thing is the hope!
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

I can see an absolute tonking here, and the hardest part is deciding between 5, 6 or 7 nil.

I will go with 6, and reckon that if ever Pellers needs a bloody nose in order to change the formation and tactics, then this is that moment.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Adrian
Zabaleta Rice Ogbonna Cresswell
Obiang Noble
Yarmolenko Anderson Masuaku
Arnautovic
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Fabianski
Fredericks Balbuena Diop Cresswell
Sanchez Obiang
Yarmolenko Wilshire Anderson
Perez

Subs: Adrian, Noble, Arnie, Rice, Ogbonna, Snodgrass, Antonio
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

I need a new user name as no way should Adrian be starting

I can see us wining its so West Ham we been so far and ive written then season off already so i expect us to win 2-1
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Will Mumbles87 give us our first victory of the season ?

Course he will .

Everton 2 West Ham United 3

And the recovery begins.........
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

L L W L L L D D L D L W D L D L L L L L L W L L L L L L W L D L L L D L

That is our Last 36 League matches played away to Everton.

W4 D7 L25 F23 F76 GD -51 Pts 19

It is the one fixture in the calendar I look forward to the least. (That and our home games v them)

I cant see any other outcome than yet another disappointing loss up there. :cry:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

brothernero wrote:L L W L L L D D L D L W D L D L L L L L L W L L L L L L W L D L L L D L

That is our Last 36 League matches played away to Everton.

W4 D7 L25 F23 F76 GD -51 Pts 19

It is the one fixture in the calendar I look forward to the least. (That and our home games v them)

I cant see any other outcome than yet another disappointing loss up there. :cry:
Most of those losses would have been to Moyes Everton, which is a rather interesting statistic given how many people say he is a useless manager...
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

simon hammer wrote:I can see an absolute tonking here, and the hardest part is deciding between 5, 6 or 7 nil.

I will go with 6, and reckon that if ever Pellers needs a bloody nose in order to change the formation and tactics, then this is that moment.
If we lost 6-0, Pellers will be making his own way home. with only a hessian, shapeless bag for company.

You'd have to be insane, as a club owner, to watch a 5th straight defeat, by that margin, after a fortnight off to work on our glaring problems, and let him have even more time.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

10-0 Everton
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Ironing board, not sure about this, but I am kind of getting the impression that you quite like David Moyes. I think you may have talked about him once or twice of late.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

brothernero wrote:Ironing board, not sure about this, but I am kind of getting the impression that you quite like David Moyes. I think you may have talked about him once or twice of late.
Marco Silva has yet to set the heather alight at Everton, however they have shown great resilience in a number of games after going down to 10 men. And Bournemouth, who made us look silly, only managed to scrape a draw against them at home despite the man advantage. Make of that what you will when considering the current balance of power between Everton’s first team and ours. And they had a seemingly worse pre season than we did by a long chalk.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Will Mumbles87 give us our first victory of the season ?

Course he will .

Everton 2 West Ham United 3

And the recovery begins.........
That was my hope TOMOS! Got in the match thread ASAP (hence the 2 mistakes lol) I’m just hoping for a change of luck

Just like the days in my youth of going to the “lucky sweet shop” before the home games after we won 2 in a row that we went there
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

UNPOPULAR POST ALERT!!!

In times of crisis, everyone likes to point the finger of blame... I'm just curious if us as fans should share some of the responsibility?

For years, a large majority of fans have wanted a glamour manager. Big Sam was widely disliked and David Moyes's arrival was met with disgust by the majority (86% disapproval if I remember) . Both managers can claim to have done what was asked of them without the backing of "most" fans. MP was a popular choice given his experiences at Madrid, Malaga and City.

For years, we've been demanding vast money be spent. We've insisted on stella names. We turned our noses up at signing certain players as they were not deemed "marquee". Anderson, Chicharito, Joe Hart, Yarmalenko - all "star name" signings, that failed, or are failing to live up to reputations. Time will tell if we was right to invest so heavily in them.

"Noble is useless" - "We need someone out there who gives a damn"
"We need Cresswell in as Masuaku cant defend" - "We need Masuaku in cos Cresswell cant pass"
"Give Martinez a Chance" - "Martinez is toilet"
"Sanchez was rubbish at Villa" - "Sanchez looks like our best bit of business"
"Should have kept James Collins" - "We should be making next level signings"

My point is this. As fans, we make judgements, decisions and react without any ramifications or consequences. You just have to go through pages and pages on these forums to see how fickle and reactionary we are. One minute we are talking about a top 8 finish, 4 weeks later we are discussing our impending relegation battle.

I'm just curious, do any fans here who called for a "star name" manager, stella signings, money to be spent bare ant responsibility? Did we back the owners into a corner where we insisted on certain things? - Lets be honest, had we spent 20m this summer, or signed the likes of Johnny Evans, Rondon and Harry Arter, we'd have all gone nuts would we? We'd have claimed they were pocketing money, lack of ambition etc etc

This honestly isn't me digging us fans out, I'm just wondering if any of us feel that we are reaping what we sow right now.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

@tizzwoz
Reaping what we sow?

So you are saying we deserve what we have been served up year after year ?
Of course l we are reactionary, we have an emotional interest in the club and we all have opinions.
To lay the club's woe's and poor form at the supporters feet is poor form in my opinion.

BTW Everton 3-0
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

tizzwoz wrote:UNPOPULAR POST ALERT!!!

In times of crisis, everyone likes to point the finger of blame... I'm just curious if us as fans should share some of the responsibility?

For years, a large majority of fans have wanted a glamour manager. Big Sam was widely disliked and David Moyes's arrival was met with disgust by the majority (86% disapproval if I remember) . Both managers can claim to have done what was asked of them without the backing of "most" fans. MP was a popular choice given his experiences at Madrid, Malaga and City.

For years, we've been demanding vast money be spent. We've insisted on stella names. We turned our noses up at signing certain players as they were not deemed "marquee". Anderson, Chicharito, Joe Hart, Yarmalenko - all "star name" signings, that failed, or are failing to live up to reputations. Time will tell if we was right to invest so heavily in them.

"Noble is useless" - "We need someone out there who gives a damn"
"We need Cresswell in as Masuaku cant defend" - "We need Masuaku in cos Cresswell cant pass"
"Give Martinez a Chance" - "Martinez is toilet"
"Sanchez was rubbish at Villa" - "Sanchez looks like our best bit of business"
"Should have kept James Collins" - "We should be making next level signings"

My point is this. As fans, we make judgements, decisions and react without any ramifications or consequences. You just have to go through pages and pages on these forums to see how fickle and reactionary we are. One minute we are talking about a top 8 finish, 4 weeks later we are discussing our impending relegation battle.

I'm just curious, do any fans here who called for a "star name" manager, stella signings, money to be spent bare ant responsibility? Did we back the owners into a corner where we insisted on certain things? - Lets be honest, had we spent 20m this summer, or signed the likes of Johnny Evans, Rondon and Harry Arter, we'd have all gone nuts would we? We'd have claimed they were pocketing money, lack of ambition etc etc

This honestly isn't me digging us fans out, I'm just wondering if any of us feel that we are reaping what we sow right now.
Too many fans are wedded to an idealistic view on how football should be played. Primarily this is a sport, and it should be approached as such, rather than an aesthetic endeavor. If we are at the top end of the table and can give everyone a good game then that will be exciting and entertaining. Watching De Boer esque displays just crates and infuriated fan base, especially after ****ing out a fortune!

The club continually shoots itself in the foot with idiotic decisions, like selling Tonkins who has been playing very well at Palace. We have also gone down the fashionable route of signing far too many foreign players and have a foreign manager. A strong core of British players with a few high-end foreign signings would be a much better way of doing things.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Selling Tomkins was short sighted

Whilst I like the general just imagine Tomkins and diop together
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

Pob! wrote:@tizzwoz
Reaping what we sow?

So you are saying we deserve what we have been served up year after year ?
Of course l we are reactionary, we have an emotional interest in the club and we all have opinions.
To lay the club's woe's and poor form at the supporters feet is poor form in my opinion.

BTW Everton 3-0
Firstly, I'm not blaming fans. I asked if any fans felt partly responsible. Some might argue that reactionary / passionate support is what led to the scenes against Burnley... Is what led to MP's arrival, Moyes departure, 100m spend, a disjointed team etc etc. Can we as fans have it both ways? Can we insist on change. Insist on money being spent... Then moan when that change or that expense doesn't work out?

For the record, I'm sure we'll be fine. Its 4 games afterall. I'm just curious how much or how little fans feel responsibility. Had we won all 4 games and Anderson been voted player of the month, I'm sure we'd all be saying its cos we pressured the board that we are finally getting results. Does it work the other way though?
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Nearly as bad as Anfield.
3-0 blues.