HammerAl wrote:I didn't think we were that bad last night. I certainly didn't think Sp*rs were any good.
Think that is the worst thing about it for me. They have beaten us twice in a short space of time without even getting out of 2nd or 3rd gear.
Unless we have our first choice eleven out there and fully fit, we just lack the quality and cutting edge to compete with the top sides.
We showed just how good we can be against Man Utd, early goal, tails up, a bit of luck... it all went right for us. Since then, the injuries have mounted up and we cannot cope.
I can understand people saying we were OK last night, we peppered their goal and had countless set pieces but once again never really threatened. The only time we looked dangerous was that first 5 - 10 mins after Arnautovic and Perez came on. Had we not given them the 3rd it could have been an interesting finish. The 3rd goal killed any hope of a revival.
Thought the game highlighted the following negatives...
- The huge difference between Adrian and Fabianski
- That Fredericks isn't ready for this level defensively
- The huge difference between Ogbonna and the new lads
- That Masuaku really isn't a full back
- That we can't play Anderson in the middle against anyone half decent (we have to have three solid midfield players in there)
- That Antonio isn't up to it at this level
- That Hernandez has no desire to play for West Ham United
And the following positives...
- We have a real talent on our hands with Rice
- There is a lot to be excited about with Diangana
- Diop is a real find
- Obiang is massively under rated and could strike up a top partnership with Rice and one other (Noble / WIlshere)
October was a month to forget all in all. November and December are now huge for us and the fixture bods have been kind... Come on You Irons!