West Ham Utd 3-1 Cardiff City (04/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Cardiff City: Match Thread

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

dodger wrote: I don't really get his comments. We had double the number of shots, had far more chance overall (even in the first half) and dominated possession. The way all our goals came at once was perhaps a surprise but over the game as a whole we thoroughly deserved to win comfortably.

He just always has to moan. If it's not at the ref (the two key decisions in the match both went their way, one correctly one not) then it's "bad luck".

Pellegrini, on the other hand, scarcely mentioned the fact their goal should not have been given, or the penalty. Bilic was also classy in this way.

So glad we have a progressive manager instead of another dinosaur like Allardyce/Colin/Moyes etc.
of course we deserved to win, but there was a time from about 30 minutes to when we scored when we were exceptionally lucky to not go 1-0 down. If you go 1-0 down, who knows how the game changes

I am a bit biased though as i have always had a soft spot for Warnock as he was a very good manager for my other team, Plymouth. to be honest, his football style may be a bit old skool, but i have always found him to be a half decent bloke - not in the same league of being a **** like Allardyce

and yes, i know that is sacrilege given the Sheff United situation in 06/07
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Don't know what game Warnock was watching. Pells answer should have been, "I don't know, it should be 6".
Very strange game though. We went from looking like we'd stroll it to looking like we'd lose it and back to strolling it. Arthur looked a total liability in the first half, then a real asset in the second. Special mention for Antonio. His pace and power snuffed out any threat from their left wing and he attacked well. Really didn't miss Zab. Cardiff are woeful but have great spirit
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

They were bad. Their only chance was the penalty which was soft as f*ck anyway.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

I'm just in, so rather than looking for highlights anywhere or reading match reports...it was back to the match start page here!

Can I just say that ........................this place is a riot :lol:

The comments about Perez when he came on were brilliantly covered up when he scored and someone just had enough time to say that it was a poor first goal and then BOOM....in goes the second.

And that picture of the team around Antonio was mirrored in spirit by all KUMBers!

It really is a joy and a laugh reading this entire match thread!

But most of all....many congrats simonirons! Great news!
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

e17 wrote:It was sodding cold over there tonight

Worth it though

Anderson MOTM by an absolute mile - bloke is growing in confidence everytime he plays - such a subtle but clever footballer - he does stuff on & off the ball that are just wonderful to watch
Anderson drifted in and out for me, nowhere near his best performance.

I think Antonio deserves a mention alongside Diop.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Warnock :lol:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

How did their goal stand? :lol: classic Warnock Championship s**t that, big lumps throwing their bodies around with a couple of pacey wide players that lack the consistency to cut it at the top level.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Sky Man of the match: Robert Snodgrass :scarfer:

He has turned everything around.....well done Snodinho
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Wompa1 wrote:Cardiff manager Neil Warnock
"I don't know how we lost the game, let alone 3-1. I called Manuel over and said 'how are we losing 3-0?'
Because of Carlos Tevez?
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Warnock is like an old woman. Total tosser.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

I’m with Brothernero. I don’t know what all the negativity about the first half is coming from. For the first 20 minutes or so they could barely touch the ball. They had a 10 minute period around the penalty where they created a couple of chances by exploiting Antonio at right back, but by then we could have been up a couple. Arnautovic should have done better with Anderson’s through ball and Etheriidge made a couple of good saves, and after the penalty, Arnautovic had a shot cleared off the line.
At the start of the 3nd half, Masuaku did well to block a shot, but other than that we owned them.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Status Kev wrote:Warnock is like an old woman. Total tosser.

or a man dressed as an old scottish woman.

It was 02:30 kick off where I am so suffice to say I missed it but from what I've seen of the highlights on the OS we played some sublime stuff and are really starting to gel into a big side. We also limited them to next to no clear cut chances but switched off at the end which is unforgiveable - our defenders should want that clean sheet like nothing else at this stage. Arguably it's a foul but we should deal with that.

El Pell is working wonders and with 3 or 4 more additions and a bit of luck with injuries I reckon we're the best of the rest. Hopeful signs that we finally have a plan as a club and are moving in the right direction to match our realistic ambitions.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Last night was a sign of a good side. Turned up with a somewhat weakened starting 11, didn’t get complacent, okay we gave away a silly penalty but other than that we were professional. Although I personally think we didn’t play that well we still managed to create chances which is further evidence that Sir Manuel has made his mark on us. Another big game Saturday that I’d have taken a point from after last night, but looking at them conceding 3 to 10 men Brighton you’d really have to fancy us.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Installed sky for someone who lives opposite Snodgrass. His house is beyond ****ing massive . 11 bedrooms he said , I guess so the whole team can have sleep overs :lol:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Great to get back to back wins... great to win such a scrappy game. Even in recent past that is a game we probably wouldn't have won.

That's what it was for me... a scrappy game where we had 1 good 20 minute spell and then 1 spell where we were effective amongst some real **** football.

For me nobody really stood out (bar Diang against a knackered back line). Even though he scored I think Perez didn't do much else of note.

Noble, Snod, Rice all had good and bad spells. Anderson was the difference in the second half when he found pockets of space he made things happen. Diop looked good but also looked flustered at times, probably mirroring the rest of the team.

It highlighted our need for a new CB (Ogbonna not a back 4 man) and a left back. None of the 3 that came in for me did enough force a place in the team. Balbuena really has become our leader at the back... it sowed last night.

Felt like a cup game against a lower league side looking for an upset. Cardiff are rubbish. I think only their keeper would even make our bench.

...and is it me or has Antonio scored more at right back than as a striker? That's pretty odd...
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Colin ****er looks like he's just had his face in a hot oven.. is he melting? :?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

a weird game where we were in control apart from a 15 minute spell in the first half. after the pen miss we took control. weird seeing perez out warming up again at half time well before the team came out but it paid off.

Anderson looked class again last night and is developing into a good buy .
shame about arnie but it was always coming as he has been patched up for weeks. hopefully not out too long as I don't want carroll starting matches.

diagana looked good when he came on albeit against a poor side.
rice put in another good shift alongside noble.
good set piece delivery by snoddy the Scottish messi !

crowd was good in parts but we need to be at it for 90 mins. good when we wake up but still too quiet.
was in 130 and a good view and atmosphere.

a good night.

onto palace now for 3 in a row ?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Two wins on the bounce, first time since Jan 17' awesome stat :lol:

6 out of 6 from the start of our more "comfortable" games, with games coming that we have every chance of picking a decent amount of points up. :scarfer:

Table looks much better this morning.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Our second goal was as good as anything Man City have produced this season. Absolute class. :crest:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:Sky Man of the match: Robert Snodgrass :scarfer:

He has turned everything around.....well done Snodinho
Definitely a contender for Most Improved player so far.