Fulham 0-2 West Ham Utd (15/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 435 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Re: ⚽ Fulham v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Fulham's goalies aren't good enough shot stoppers for the PL. We should have enough to beat them. Carroll to get an hour then Antonio. Sub Hernandez for a Obiang to see out the win.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Compared to all those clean sheets were keeping with a 4-3-3? We’ve scored 9 goals going to a 4-4-2.

We conceded from 2 set pieces against Crystal Palace. That’s as TPP says concentration and organisation at the back. It’s something we need to focus on with the danger you will get from Mitrovic in the air. We conceded one against Burnley like that for the same reason. That’s what needs sorting, not a change of formation.
:thup: Spot on, we look much much better in an attacking sense and regarding the goals conceded / bigger chances for opponents all come from set pieces, can't remember the last time fabianski had a couple of saves to make from open play.

Still think we're looking solid at the back we're just unsure at set pieces by the look of it.

I'd definitely stick with 4-4-2 only question mark for me is who plays up top with Chicha
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

After Snodgrass and Anderson, I thought we'd learnt not to write people off too quickly?

I'd give Perez another start
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Burnley Hammer wrote:After Snodgrass and Anderson, I thought we'd learnt not to write people off too quickly?

I'd give Perez another start
I agree I'd start Perez, don't think he's fit though mate. Having looked at the state of his foot. :?
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

perez on the bench. we need some presence up top whether its Antonio and then carroll for ast 20 mins. Hernandez starts.

masuaka was ok against palace a couple of nice runs and link up with Anderson but maybe start cresswell

zab will have had a weeks rest so good to go again.

same midfield 3 for me

lets get those 3 pts
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

-------------------Fabianski

Zabelleta --General--Diop--Cresswell (if fit)

------Snodgrass---Rice---Noble

----------------------Anderson

------------Hernandez-----Carroll

something like that.. noble and rice protecting with Anderson playing hernandez in constantly
jhammers
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by jhammers »

Assuming Perez is injured I'd go:

Fabianski
Zabaleta, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Snodgrass, Rice, Noble
Diangana, Hernandez, Anderson

If it's not working then bring Carroll on.
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

hammerman11 wrote:we must not turn up thinking we will walk this as we did at Huddersfield a while back and got a nasty surprise.

COYI
Am pretty sure we didn't turn up thinking that at all. Huddersfield played well that day.
sutts07
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Fulham are looking poor, very poor in fact. So much so that it worries me as I don't think they can stay this poor forever. They have no cohesion between the back four and the midfield and they are letting teams absolutely walk through them.

The only threat I can see them posing (and it is a very real threat) is by getting balls into the box for Mitrovic to attack in the air, in particular from set pieces with Mawson and Chambers also going up into the box. On the deck, Diop and Balbuena should have more than enough between them to keep the big man quiet and the combo of Rice/Noble should be more than enough to shut Cairney out of the game too.

This game could be so open that it will absolutely be there for the taking and should suit our style of play down to the ground.

Only one tough call to make re the starting line up, who plays up top. Perez missed his chance as far as I am concerned and Carroll is not a starter for me either.

Personally think the game is absolutely made for the likes of Antonio and Diangana so I'd consider going with one of those either up top or moving Snodgrass into the middle and playing more of a 451 / 433 hybrid.

---------------- Fabianski --------------
Zabaleta Balbuena Diop Masuaku
--------------- Rice Noble -------------
Snodgrass ---------------- Anderson
---------- Antonio Hernandez --------

Antonio --- Snodgrass - Anderson
--------------- Hernandez -------------

I guess that leaves... Adrian, Creswell, Ogbonna, Obiang, Diangana, Carroll, Perez depending on fitness.

*edited.... Monday morning head...! Rice can't play everywhere sadly!
Last edited by sutts07 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Fabianski
Snodgrass Noble Rice Anderson
Perez* Hernandez

* Antonio for Perez if he's injured with Carroll coming on for the last 20 mins.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Sutts, as per. :thup:
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

sutts07 wrote: ---------------- Fabianski --------------
Zabaleta Balbuena Rice Masuaku
Snodgrass ---------------- Anderson
---------- Antonio Hernandez --------

Zabaleta Balbuena Rice Masuaku
Antonio --- Snodgrass - Anderson
--------------- Hernandez -------------

I guess that leaves... Adrian, Creswell, Ogbonna, Obiang, Diangana, Carroll, Perez depending on fitness.
I know Rice is good, Sutts, but... :D
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

HammerAl wrote: I know Rice is good, Sutts, but... :D
Coffee time... edited now, good spot.
GALF
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by GALF »

Looking forward to visiting The Cottage after a few years. Are we going to get assigned one of the pubs round the station? I fancy sticking quite close instead of travelling in.

Agree with a few comments in this thread that Mitrovic’s physicality in the air is my main concern (Kamara is also a unit). Whilst Diop is a physical presence, the one part of his game that I think is lacking (appreciating his age) is the ability to aggressively dominate his opposition, with the Fulham forwards the particular type to take advantage of this.

If Fulham stick to type I can see a very entertaining game but one which could go either way.
Estuary
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Estuary »

If we start slowly like we have done in recent home games Fulham will be forced to come out at us and made to have a go, which is likely to unravel big time for them once Anderson and Snodgrass get on the ball. I thought Palace played pretty well on Sat to honest and are a much better side than Fulham but came away having been handed their own arses.
I have slight concern that we are a late kick off for TV as I think a standard 3pm would suit our lads who probably cant wait to pull the shirt on and get out there but overall think our front line will have far to much for Fulhams defence.
Lets hope the momentum stays with us and we can record our fourth win on the spin.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Can we make it four in a row??
And for all those getting really carried away (I heard a few conversations about it on Saturday)...

Last time we put four Premier League wins together in a row was the 13/14 season...

Feb 2014
Swansea H 2-0
Villa A 2-0
Norwich H 2-0
Southampton H 3-1

For five wins in a row (getting way too far ahead of ourselves...) you have to go back to our Championship season 11/12 and include the play off semi finals and final.

If you go all the way back to the 05/06 season we racked up an impressive seven in a row which included five Premiership games and two FA Cup games (some of you may recall the final that year, some of you may have wiped it from your memory!).

And then of course there was THAT season back in 85/86 where we put an impressive six wins in a row together at the end of the season (before the defeat at Everton).

Earlier that season we put an even more impressive club record NINE straight league wins in a row together in Oct, Nov and Dec beating Villa, Ipswich, Everton, Oxford, Watford, Coventry, West Brom, QPR and Birmingham (we lost to Man Utd in the Cup at the end of Oct - but the league run was nine in a row).
Estuary
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Estuary »

[
b]Feb 2014
[/b]Swansea H 2-0
Villa A 2-0
Norwich H 2-0
Southampton H 3-1
Capt Kevs biggest month for us scoring five, pay back for two reds in the previous months and Sam threatening to take the arm band off him.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

I do miss Kevin Nolan's chicken celebration :(
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

I fancy Alan Taylor for a couple.

Mellor a vulnerable keeper.

Moore past his best.

0-2...
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

brothernero wrote:Going on the Kick-off time, I take it this is a BT Sport game?
Great news for us in Brazil. These 3:30pm games live on free-to-air TV. :scarfer: